Moab 2006 Chat Thread | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2006 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick said:
I was hoping to have recieved replies to my email from more than 12 drivers....

Does this mean the rest of you aren't coming at all or you just aren't joining us for dinner??

I didn't get an Email..

But I am coming to Dinner, and I'll be there (zukless.. so close, yet so far!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay okay 35's :) Maybe they dont check their email every day?

Its crunch time...

tdavis said:
I didn't get an Email..

Does beeble have two or three Es? The email that I had copied from your form had three... I thought that might have been the problem, but it was late and said F it :D

Rick said:
Does beeble have two or three Es? The email that I had copied from your form had three... I thought that might have been the problem, but it was late and said F it :D

uhm, two E's. Beebles wobble, but they don't fall down.. :D

it's a take off on weebles.. or was.. :rolleyes:

Rick, count me out for the dinner. :(

No on the dinner and the trip unfortunately. :( I've got too many work fires that require my attention.

Rick said:
I was hoping to have recieved replies to my email from more than 12 drivers....

Does this mean the rest of you aren't coming at all or you just aren't joining us for dinner??
I also didn't get an email. Put me down for 1 for dinner. . .not sure how many for my brother and kids though.

I gotta get an answer from my buddy before I have you count him for dinner... I am in.

For Anyone that wished to camp at Canyonlands at the group spot that Whitemage reserved, PLEASE let ME know immediately; either by PM or email at dehh4@comcast.net

He had reserved a group spot for a minimum of 10 and since I assumed the reservation from him today.... I want to make sure I know how many will actually be there so I am not out $$$$ for the additional spots. I will change the reservation accordingly on this FRI (ie to 4-6 people at another of their sites if available. Currently the reservation is from 11-15 May.... so let me know the day you are coming in and the day you are leaving. THANKS> :thumbsup: ;) :chug:

Michael said:
No on the dinner and the trip unfortunately. :( I've got too many work fires that require my attention.
You can't be that important that work can't do without you for a few days. We were looking forward to seeing you again, it's been a long time since we got to wheel with you in Moab...
Come on, you can be sick for a few days!?!?!?!?!?!?

Perry said:
You can't be that important that work can't do without you for a few days. We were looking forward to seeing you again, it's been a long time since we got to wheel with you in Moab...
Come on, you can be sick for a few days!?!?!?!?!?!?

Unfortunately Perry, it is not that way when you are self employed. If I don't work I don't get paid. Believe me when I say it is not easy to pass this up. This is one of the things I look forward to all year, but it is just not in the cards this time. :(

I hear you there Michael. I am in the same situation. This trip is coming at about the worst possible time as far as work is concerned. However I am giving work a big flipoff and going anyway. I have 5 different jobs I could be on right now and they are all getting farther back logged everyday with more still coming. I think between the Feburary truckhaven run and this run I have had maybe 3 weekends I didnt work atleast saturday and or sunday.

Wish you could make it. Guess I will see you this winter on a run in Pheonix.

One more post on my previous subject from about 30 pages ago....

I'll be leaving Moab Monday morning and heading south. If anyone else is interested in hitting a final trail, I want to run Lockhart Basin out of Moab. That will probably take all day and the possibility exists of camping on the trail. It ends at the entrance to Elephant Hill down by Newspaper Rock. It promises to be a great adventure but will add a day to your schedule. The trail is remote so I will not do it alone; if no one else is interested I'll pass and head on outta town south via pavement, but if anyone wants to join me, I'd like to run the trail with you. Let me know if you're interested.

NOTE: :Lockhart Basin is a solid 3+ trail rated more difficult than Elephant Hill but less difficult than Steelbender. I figure a Superstock Explorer (1.5" lift; 31" tires, skidplates, LSD [limited slip differential] in rear) will be okay, especially with me to help if a strap is needed a time or two.

If I wasnt stock i'd be interested in doing that trail with ya GJarrett ...

I dont have anywhere to be till the 29th... planning on spending most of that time exploring utah...

GJarrett said:

I'll be leaving Moab Monday morning and heading south. If anyone else is interested in hitting a final trail, I want to run Lockhart Basin out of Moab. That will probably take all day and the possibility exists of camping on the trail. It ends at the entrance to Elephant Hill down by Newspaper Rock. It promises to be a great adventure but will add a day to your schedule. The trail is remote so I will not do it alone; if no one else is interested I'll pass and head on outta town south via pavement, but if anyone wants to join me, I'd like to run the trail with you. Let me know if you're interested.

NOTE: :Lockhart Basin is a solid 3+ trail rated more difficult than Elephant Hill but less difficult than Steelbender. I figure a Superstock Explorer (1.5" lift; 31" tires, skidplates, LSD [limited slip differential] in rear) will be okay, especially with me to help if a strap is needed a time or two.

I might be interested. They gave me an extra day off work on accident (tuesday) so why not take it? I'll have to check with my roommate to see if he has to be back sooner than that.

I'll still be open (damnation) but as long as there isn't a hub-blowing Upchuck Hill, we should be cool :D I've done Steelbender and made it through so it shouldn't be a problem.

On another note, is there anyone (hopefully staying in a hotel) that might be willing to let us keep our camping stuff at their place? We're going to be camping outside of the campgrounds and don't want to carry it all in the truck like last time...too much weight. Should just be tent, sleeping bags, etc. I'd be willing to throw down a storage fee of 1 6-pack per day ;)

Rick; 1 def. for dinner and another most-probable :D I don't wanna commit my buddy to a $20+ dinner if I haven't talked to him about it yet ;)

Canyonlands (under pseudo-Whitemage's camp site reservation):

11-15 May.(possible change to 14 may)

Site: 10+ people (that is 10 minimum)

Currently:
me+ 1
MikeBoyle (1)
JStrider (1)

Any others?? If not, I will change the site Fri (hopefully) to a smaller reservation (to forego the $70 a night). :thumbsup:

With Michael out, I now have his 1/2 of the cabin open. Anyone want to split it? Just a little more than a tentsite, and you get AC and lockability. :D

GJarrett said:

Gerald, I would love to join you, unfortunatley I can't get Tuesday off work so I'm not going to make it this year. :(

Bill I will split it with you mang, just like last time....

I got all the parts I need to rebuild my TTB, work is happeneing today. it is all downhill after this, just have to max out the cards to pay for the trip gas wise, etc, but screw it I am not missing this one!

Jefe I am bringing that flywheel for you.
Anyone else need some parts? hahahaha

BIll bring me a small tiki for that hi lift?
:p

TwoToneX said:
I might be interested [in running Lockhart Basin].

So you don't have to bring two extra spare tires, try to bring another ebrake assembly this time, okay? :D

One possible reason "Six Tire Doty" got his name:

Attachments

• DotyEBrake.JPG
    DotyEBrake.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 148

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im all ready! SAS is done! Thats so good to say, now lets see how bad it fubars up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back