Moronville: Population=ME! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moronville: Population=ME!

So I just put April down for a nap, walked out to the Garage and relized I just locked my self out:banghead: Wife will not be home for a couple of hours. But April is fine, she noramlly sleeps till my wife get home, and she is in her crib, so she isn't going anywhere. She just figured out how to lock doors recently...I should have known better.:nono:

Thanks to my well stocked garage, I have phone, PC, TV (stuck on Maury:rolleyes: ) Radio, Fridge, Micro, and my Explorer sofa. I do have keys to the 150 and Ex at least.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol i have done this before but i went around and found an open window to crawl in and get a spare house key made and hide it in the garage for the next time

I had a whoops moment but nothing like that. Went to the gas station and left the engine running and cell phone in the cup holder. Bought something to drink and when I went to open the door the lock wasnt all the way up so it went down. Ended up removing the skinny rear passenger window and didnt put it back in for 2 weeks haha.

If I really need to get in..I could! I just don't see a need to destroy things, Instead of just waiting till 4pm ish, when my wife gets home. I had my mom text her, and she is only a mile down the road. It's not really any different them me going out to the garage to work on something for a bit, while the little one is a sleep. No need to panic, it's just a really good lesson, so there is no next time. We have talked about hiding a key for along time:rolleyes:

My neighbor did the almost exsact same thing about a year ago. she stepped out to get the mail, and her 2 yead old locked the door behind her. She was freaked out!! I pulled open her garage door (not even sure how that worked) and she was able to get into her garage, where her house door was not locked. Unfortanly..that's the door I'm locked out from:(

I am still laughing!!!!! like deju vu can't tell you how many times someone locked me or us out! I got real tired of climbing in windows lol

dang kids! he he he

well with the phone I have, I can listen to what going on the house. The main phone is in a room right next to April's and I can use the "Room Monitor" feature to listen to what's going on up there.:D I can tell you she's not a sleep, I can here some noice of her playing.

Next...

Watch a movie on Netflix?

or

Google: Lock picking?

All is good, wife just got home and I got in;)

Instead of hiding a key in the garage I picked up a key safe that has a combo lock in order to get to the key. One of those hang on the door knob kinds. Just locked it to the fence on the side of the house. Hiding a key in the garage is one thing but what if the power is out and you can't get into the garage?

You scared the crap outta me for a moment, I absolutely love your truck and I thought something happened. >.< I hope the kiddo is alright..

EDIT: Glad you got back in.

I love this forum..

what he should do is put the doorknob covers on the doors!:monkey:

I remember those, parents use to use them with me because I'd sneak into the kitchen every night and eat all the peanut butter. It took me probably 5 minutes to figure it out though.

Diversion safe...?

csliqlarge.jpg
CSED-LARGEIMAGE.jpg
CS-LARGEIMAGE.jpg
CSPQ-LARGEIMAGE.jpg

diversion_safes_kitchen_soda.jpg

I personally wouldn't want the beer one, that thing would dissapear in a heartbeat..

Tuesday:

So I went to go solve yesterdays problem, and get a spare key made. Came out of the hardware store and the 150, would not start.:mad: I'm guessing it's the original 5 year old factory battery. Luck for me the wife was going to meet me for lunch a few blocks away, so I told her to come give me a jump....only I took the cables out of her car last time we went off-roading:banghead: I have 3 sets, and the only car there in is the JP mobile, which I can't drive becuase I had to put it on non-op. So We'll go pick up the truck later, and I'll pull the optima out of the JP mobile for now.:hammer:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your not the first, and you wont be the last to get stuck in the garage. I tried the spare key thing and found that they vanished about as fast as I could get them made (kids). So I went with this. http://www.kwikset.com/smartseries/smartcodelever.aspx My deadbolt was keyed on both sides and we never used it so this thing worked out fine.

smartcodeleverhero.png

Back