My Explorer build. | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOl That would be funny. :) But now she wont start right now. Hoping it was just TO low on fuel.

@974X4BLACKSPORT How do you like your OHV 4.0. I think my daughter's has the OHV also. (The 97) I have really not looked to much into hers. But when I opened her hood it looked like her motor looked just like mine.

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well it was fun but finally got her off the trailer. Now once I get the axles will get Her up and running. Hoping to get her all complete the first week of August. Then I will be heading out 08/18 to one of our little FS roads to test her out. I will let you all know.

20180707_170725.jpg

Look whos moving on her own power :) got the axle out from my 97 and thr 4 door springs and she is running on her own. Now to get the front diff installed.

I'd be careful moving it with no CV in those hubs, bad things happen when you do that and wheels fall off. Anyhow I'm just picking, good work.

Yeah I will be only moving here if i need to. Once I get front end out in here I will be driving her more. :)

Also that poor 99-01 needs some love across the street, poor thing looks just like my 2000 atm with that mismatched fender. Then again not your truck that I'm aware of.

Here she is with the rims I am thinking of having on her. Front is TT but unsure of how much right now the rear has a 4 door ******* pack installed. Planning to do 32" tires just need to get fundage for them. :)
20180708_184722.jpg

20180708_184801_HDR.jpg

Here she is with my daughters sport. She has 30" tires no lift right now.

What in the actual heck was done to that rear bumper? Also you have an elusive Explorer POT edition, those are super rare :thumbsup:

Last edited:

POT edition? The rear bumper was cut because the exhaust goes out right thru that part .Its gonna change. I got it that way.

POT edition? The rear bumper was cut because the exhaust goes out right thru that part .Its gonna change. I got it that way.
The “S” and “R” are missing from sport. Looks like the step was cut off it.

Yup, yours ditched the S and R so it's a POT edition. You mean they sent the exhaust out the bumper and actually cut it so it would? Man...

Yup, yours ditched the S and R so it's a POT edition. You mean they sent the exhaust out the bumper and actually cut it so it would? Man...

OOOHHHH Now I get it DUH :banghead:

Yes he cut the Bumper to have exhaust coming out there. The Ex was @Sharkman12 ex. It was one he built to ice race with but got a 4 door V8 and now has a Expedition to build and another black truck that he is building.

Well got the axle put into my new to me sport and put a front bumper on her. She is getting a lot closer to being done and out on the road and trails. What I have done so far is 4 door leaf pack in the rear, raised front with a TT not sure how much. Put rear axle in and put feont bumper on with a tow hook from f150 up front.
IMG_0610.jpg

What she looked like when I got her home.
20180708_184722.jpg

After axle, 4 door rear leafs, front TT and small tear drop rims and tires.
20180709_194708.jpg

After new to EX bumper and front F150 tow hook.

I remember installing them hooks way back when. I also remember how much fun, it wasn't!

I won't ever forget how fun it was to lay under the rig, and drill completely thru the frame, from bottom to the top, (and the seam), to get 8" bolts installed.

Hot metal bits burning my face, throat, inside my ears, as my arms was burning from pushing the drill with dull bits, for what seamed like hours.

Good times....

Ok, as much as I have looked at this with interest wondering if I could do the F-150 tow hook and make it look professional, Iv'e just been talked out of it.

Magnet base drill and it’s cake.

Start a small hole then use a step bit to enlarge to bolt size.

I remember installing them hooks way back when. I also remember how much fun, it wasn't!

I won't ever forget how fun it was to lay under the rig, and drill completely thru the frame, from bottom to the top, (and the seam), to get 8" bolts installed.

Hot metal bits burning my face, throat, inside my ears, as my arms was burning from pushing the drill with dull bits, for what seamed like hours.

Good times....

I used small bits and worked my way up till I had the right size but Yea you are right Hot Metal bits does burn and I broke 2 small drill bits. :-( But I think it looks good and will get the job done IF I ever need a tow. I have always Watched my lines and tire placement to do what I can to not get hooked to. It happens I know this but I do what I can to not be the guy that needs a tow all the time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back