Mylomeister - 1995 Limited Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mylomeister - 1995 Limited Explorer

Hey guys,

I've never posted pics here before so I thought I would now that I got my new 20s on...

I've just begun to modify my X, but I'm 16 and this is only the beginning. :thumbsup:

RimsSun1940.jpg

RimsSun1840.jpg

RimsSun940.jpg

RimsSun340.jpg

RimsSun140.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sick photography too! :cool: Nice Explorer!

Thanks guys!! :thumbsup: As for plans...pretty much everything. I'm planning to have my X for a loooong time and hope do make it a full-on, show worthy truck. Of course at 16 years old, I'm dreaming at the moment, but I hope to bag it on 22s, V8 swap, custom interior and two-tone paint. I have some of my ideas on my CarDomain page if you want to take a look.

Thanks again for the compliments!!

I like the two tone ideas you have.

Here's an idea for paint too. The maroon and black look real good together, but make it curve down in the front like on your page.

Chris.jpg

Thanks! Yah, I've always loved his paint. People always talk about two-toning their vehicles, and after seeing his, I knew that it's what I wanted for mine. :thumbsup:

wow that looks pretty slick.

Have you considered removing and replacing the rubber steps on your rocker panels? Maybe use a different material?

The wavy rubber pieces catch my eye when I look at your truck

Nice truck!

Thanks guys!! Good to see ya Jon! :thumbsup:

And yes, I want to do something about the rubber steps...what would you suggest?

Maybe remove the rubber and cover it with some herculiner or something of the like? It looks great for a 95! :thumbsup:

Hiya Mylo. Said it before at the other place and I'll say it again, you took an Iris Limited (I really don't care for that colour) and have made it look good. The new wheels really set it off.

Well done. Don't be afraid to post over here more often. At least you won't see all the "+1" and other simple replies by the same 5-10 people all the time. ;)

Ha, thanks guys! :thumbsup: Good to hear Jon!

Damned good lookin' truck!! Did you have to do much modification to put 20s on?? ...... I'd like to two-tone my '94 too......it's that 'factory Limited Edition purple' any ideas for the top part anybody? ........ Would like to leave the bottom part the original colour.........Would a dark orchid blend in ?..........

Jamie, Mylo, those step pads are plastic. One side of my two did that, because there were many of the nuts missing from the underside, which hold it down. Those step pads are plastic with plastic studs/nipples molded into them. There are tiny fragile steel clips/nuts which screw onto those studs. The nuts will corrode over time and be hard to remove. The twisting of turning them off will shear some of the plastic studs off.

Check out the undersides of the running boards, see if there aren't some missing nuts or studs. The wheels look very good, it's all looking good. Take good care of it.

Okay, I'll see about that. Thanks again for the compliments guys! :thumbsup:

Haha, wow, it's funny looking back on this thread!

It sucks that I'm now in college, broke, it still looks like that, and I realize my high school dreams aren't going to be a reality any time soon. Lol. (but I do have a '95 XLT now though too, which I hope to lift with a cheap TT and shackles this summer for the hell of it :D )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey- best laid plans always get changed...

Do you still have your Limited too? I always liked how that looked- probably my favorite Iris Ex...

Back