• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• We are aware of the issue with our internal search engine and we will be bringing it back online shortly. For now please use the Google search bar near the top of each page. Thanks, Rick
^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

"new" early bronco (concept)

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Of those 3 vehicles actually I would say a good percentage of them actually do go off road, at least a little.

Its the H2's, teh Liberty's and the Xterra's that sometimes see dirt..........but I think most Disco owners, Rubi owners and at least a few FX4 owners actually ocassionally off road ( or at least go camping :) hahaha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

99SportX

Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ex & Mounty
Originally posted by 99explorer5.0
I think it looks like a boat
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the side view. A boat with wheels.

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
thats the funniest damn thing I have seen in a long time!!!

NOTAJP

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home AFB, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
No more Exploder

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Dang I couldn't get any sound to come through:mad: :mad:

Crankcase

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver B.C, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XL Ex-Police
LOL!!!

Jack..it basically says..

FORD,build me right. I'm a 4x4. Put solid axles under me with coils in 4 corners. Give me a 2 speed xfer case, with a lever, no buttons. Build me right so I can kick some Rubicon butt. There are too many poser wheelers out there like TJs.:D

FourXFred

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
im sorry, but that jeep is badass. i was reading about it on some weird british web page that i cannot recall. it is called the "rescue" and comes with front and rear winches and 37's. the bronco looks kinda cool, and i like the fact that it has a diesel, but irs is a shame.

Brian97V8

Reaction score
City, State
Hutchinson, Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT V8 AWD
Originally posted by james t
a message to Ford LMAO!:D
1 hit play
2 watch
3 DO IT AGAIN (like on the AOL commercial)

I must have watched that thing like 10 times

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
That Jeep Rescue just may be my next 4x4 :D That thing is sweet! It's probably running at least a D-60 in front and a D-80 in the rear to support the 37" tires and 600ft/lbs of torque.

Wake up Ford:rolleyes:

unabonked

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98Sport, 94XLT, 96Sport
well i sent my 2 cents into ford via e-mail and phone. if this thing goes into production with IRS, it won't be because i didn't say anything.

ford will probably cobble somthing togeather soon. the mad max truck thing seems to be instyle latly.

i'm just tired of seeing these ultra-white fur wearin leach-wives driving around in H2s. Seems to be the only people who drive them are the ones LEAST likly to ever touch a puddle. (The only other people i have seen to dive them are ultra-rich dady's girls who live at the high end malls). Dude, its basically a chevy truck with beefy suspention wearing sheetmetal that looks like it was cut from my Kenmorre fridge.

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
Originally posted by Rick
That Jeep Rescue just may be my next 4x4 :D That thing is sweet! It's probably running at least a D-60 in front and a D-80 in the rear to support the 37" tires and 600ft/lbs of torque.

Wake up Ford:rolleyes:
Damn... Rick beat me to it :D

Paul Gagnon

Poseur SUV
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta eh?
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I was very dissapointed when I saw the pictures of this Bronco concept vehicle. It has nothing that I would want. However I did recently see this picture of someone else's re-design of Ford's concept and it is definately something that I would buy. The differences between Ford's concept and this one are subtle to the casual observer but the not only make the vehicle much better looking, they also immensly improve it's potential off road ability. The biggest thing is that it would fit in much better with Ford's whole "retro" theme than their current concept.

Note the solid axle, much improved grille and separated bumper, smaller fender flares, thinner body section and same height door and quarter glass. In short it is just what people who love Broncos want, a modern update of the original! Too bad Ford doesn't have any designers on staff that have this sort of vision.

Click here to see both in the same view.
http://www.stevebennettdesigns.com/broncopg.html

Also read here for another discussion on the Bronco concept. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=210043

P.S. If you engineers from Ford are still reading this message board PLEASE TAKE NOTE. You would sell a ton of Broncos if they looked like this.

Last edited:

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I agree that looks much better. But I am not as concerned with the looks of the truck as I am whats underneath!!!
I can change the grill, bumpers, flares, etc myself for off road, but its much harder to change the IRS and IFS out....

It should have:
boxed steel FRAME
Removeable top
weather friendly interior
4.0L SOHC or diesel, a V8 option would also be nice (4.6L?)
SOLID rear axle, coil sprung 4 link
LOW RANGE t case, manual or pushbutton, I dont care

If they did all this I could ALMOST live with the IFS, rip it out and drop in a D44. So Ford should USE THE RANGER PLATFORM

NO AWD, no height control, no side curtain airbags, etc etc. Keep it simple, Ford could really learn a few things from DC for this market. They should be forced to spend a week off roading with a early bronco club or a Jeep club........

unclemeat

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
A little message to Ford, I bought my X because it was a tough little sport utility vehicle. I wheeled it when it was stock, and have modified it to be more off-roadable.
I bought it before it was trendy to own an X.

Look at the H2, way overpriced and really not a great off-road vehicle. But the perception is that it is like a real HUMVEE.

If Ford thinks that any self respecting off-roader would even look at a IRS, IFS crossover then we know why they want to equip the new Bronco with nitrous (yuppie crack). Come on Ford Motor Company throw us a bone, or at least a truck thats got balls instead of overies. Don't disgrace the Bronco name.

suicide bob

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ExploSport
WTF

well it's a love or hate it thing I guess....

not crazy about the look but it'll grow on me, would be alot nicer with the 6.0 from a 350 and.... strangely getting a....never mind (mods just make me....)

suicide bob

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ExploSport
???

I'd buy it if < $20,000 cherry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
You know you can edit your post to contain the information instead of double posting...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Ford Bronco / Ranger Confirmed Auto Industry News 2
Rick Return of the Ranger and Bronco??? Auto Industry News 27
BrooklynBay New Ford Bronco. Auto Industry News 13
swshawaii 2016 Ford SVT Bronco Coming Soon Auto Industry News 6
Stic-o New Bronco again? Auto Industry News 5
7 New Bronco Concept Auto Industry News 7
Paul N. New Bronco in 2010 - too good to be true? Auto Industry News 20
james t HISTORY LESSON- 1964 Bronco Auto Industry News 1
J One Bad Ass Bronco Auto Industry News 3
G 2004 Bronco pic. Auto Industry News 10
M Next Gen 2 dr Explorer will be Bronco? Auto Industry News 5
N More Rumors: Super-Duty Bronco Returns? Auto Industry News 3
N No Wrangler Fighter-Eater/Bronco/USV?!?!? Auto Industry News 6
Rick New Bronco dead before it was alive?? Auto Industry News 21
Stephen Bronco rides again Auto Industry News 19
BrooklynBay Ford plans to unveil a solar powered hybrid concept car. Auto Industry News 7
mounty71 1967 Ranger II concept Auto Industry News 5
Rick Ford announces "Airstream" concept vehicle Auto Industry News 13
J Ford to Auction Off Equator Concept Truck to Support Texas Hurricane Relief Auto Industry News 11
Rick A history of Ford's concept cars Auto Industry News 6
Rick Mercury Meta 1 Concept Auto Industry News 9
E More Explorer Sport Trac Concept Pictures (2006) Auto Industry News 0
W Mercury Meta One Concept Vehicle Auto Industry News 2
Raminator157 The New 2005 Explorer Sport Trac Concept Auto Industry News 14
Alec TV Alert! New Shelby Cobra Concept "Daisy" Auto Industry News 13
L 2004 Mustang GT concept, what do you think Auto Industry News 8
JDraper New Mustang Concept!! Auto Industry News 41
A Ford EX Concept Auto Industry News 23
C Ford’s new concept off-road vehicle pics Auto Industry News 9