How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Here is remote global open & close enabled on my Explorer. I haven't figured out how to enable the sunroof to open like the 2017's. I wonder if they added another cable to the BCM.

Someone is showing off....haha

Interchange says the sunroof motor is the same for 2011-2017 so it has to have a pulse signal. 2016 up uses CAN for the doors so you are probably right in that they added a wire from the BCM to the sunroof motor.

But here is what bothers me. Mine doesn't retract when pressing lock. I see the voltage pulled down when lock is held but nothing from the sunroof. Does the 2017 close the vent?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interchange says the sunroof motor is the same for 2011-2017 so it has to have a pulse signal. 2016 up uses CAN for the doors so you are probably right in that they added a wire from the BCM to the sunroof motor.

But here is what bothers me. Mine doesn't retract when pressing lock. I see the voltage pulled down when lock is held but nothing from the sunroof. Does the 2017 close the vent?

I'm not sure about the vent closing, global close is disabled by default on 2017. I'm not sure if it will once enabled. I guess we need someone with a 2017 to enable global close and try it.

I have just added a post to the thread discussing Global Open and mentioned that I have tried the feature twice and the moonroof did not open (vent) in either case.
The Manual states;
Note: To operate this feature, accessory
delay must not be active.

I guess that means that you have to wait for that feature to shutdown.

Peter

Here is remote global open & close enabled on my Explorer. I haven't figured out how to enable the sunroof to open like the 2017's. I wonder if they added another cable to the BCM.

I have just added a post to the thread discussing Global Open and mentioned that I have tried the feature twice and the moonroof did not open (vent) in either case.
The Manual states;
Note: To operate this feature, accessory
delay must not be active.

I guess that means that you have to wait for that feature to shutdown.

Peter

Accessory delay just means your radio and windiest work after you turn the car off. When you open the door it deactivates it.

So maybe the moonroof doesn't really vent on the 2017.. That wouldn't surprise me considering the other errors I've seen in the manual(manual states a setting for quiet start but it's not on the IPC, manual states rear cargo lamp is LED but it's a Type 578 Bulb)

So maybe the moonroof doesn't really vent on the 2017.. That wouldn't surprise me considering the other errors I've seen in the manual(manual states a setting for quiet start but it's not on the IPC, manual states rear cargo lamp is LED but it's a Type 578 Bulb)

my 17 sport does not vent either.

Moonroof has no global open/close wiring and it appears the new BCM (2016-up) doesn't have the "legacy" global open signal that the 2011-2015 can do.

I just got done laying out what I know about the systems here:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...remote-global-open.426100/page-2#post-3636825

Thanks sheltonfilms, that's what I thought. It makes more sense.

Well there is still the possibility that the BCM can do it, it's just that the wiring diagrams (2016) don't say "pulse train fet" on any of the unused pins like the 2013 diagrams do.

Here is the real question: would you want this feature if it could only open and not close, which as of right now seems to be all that the moonroof can do with the signal.

I was just curious of the difference between 2016 and 2017 model years, it doesn't appear that there is a difference other than Ford enabling global open for the windows. I don't think I would use global open for the moonroof.

I was just curious of the difference between 2016 and 2017 model years, it doesn't appear that there is a difference other than Ford enabling global open for the windows. I don't think I would use global open for the moonroof.

Without having diagrams for a 2017, I pulled ABD for a 2017 platinum and a 2016 and compared. BCM was almost identical. Few lines were different but the amount of blocks were the same.

Only major difference in the ABD was the APIM which was of course the implementation of Sync 3.

I would say no major change to electrical system control units except for the APIM.

I've compared BCM as-built data as well, with the latest 2016MY software calibration the as-built data is almost identical and SYNC 3 works perfect on the 2016 MY. There are a couple minor setting changes such as global open but that's about it for the BCM. The SODR and SODL modules are new for 2017MY as well as the PSCM. The new power steering control module for 2017MY has many more options in the as-built data. I think that is the biggest change I've found so far.

And mid-year 2016 they added a 15 minute timeout to the massage function in the driver and passenger seat (SCMG and SCMH). They left it in for 2017 as well. I have the as-built data to remove it in my spreadsheet. The massage pattern also changed for 2017, I updated it on my 2016.

So has anyone programmed GO/GC to their 2016? I thought I heard someone doing it but I just want to confirm.

So has anyone programmed GO/GC to their 2016? I thought I heard someone doing it but I just want to confirm.

Both work on mine, mine is a late build 2016. It also works on a family members early build 2016. I've confirmed the global close setting with another user on a 2017.

On the 2017, global close was disabled in the PDM/DDM as well as the BCM

Why Ford? Why? :confused2::dunno:

Well, the good news is that you can enable it. They just used a value that enables the global open but not close. I think I read somewhere that it was disabled because the motors exceeded some safety requirement for closing force and I think it also bypasses the bounce-back feature.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have to disagree with liability and hardware issues. Its, marketing....most Lincolns have global close. Lincoln is a premium line with premium features. If you give all those features to a Ford what makes Lincoln a premium vehicle then? If it was liability none would have it and same for hardware issues. Where Lincoln's aren't sold, Fords have the feature....China (which is changing btw) is a fine example.

For the 16+ Explorer the pulse train would be C2280E #5 and #14 on the moonroof connector (C921). BCM would also have to be programmed for it. I doubt the wiring exists but unless someone with one checks...can't verify.

Back