Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Ok guys, it's been a while since we had one of these, but I think it's high past time another one was started so we're all subscribed to the same thread. That way whenever there's a major event (breakage, birthdays, upcoming runs) we all know right away. Most of you who've joined Serious Explorations after late 2003 wouldn't remember how we used to randomely BS and get our threads up to 30+ pages of silliness (it was mostly Muskrat's fault, i plead the 5th!).

I'll start:
Lizard, how goes the axle hunt?
Draper, how's Susan's stang coming along?
Who's up for a paragon run for the last weekend in August?

With any luck I won't get screwed by the "striped Explorer disaster disease" like lizard did... Jack's rear axle bearings are completely toasted, but I lucked out with my new job and if he can make it until this thursday they'll be fixed professionally. Tank should hopefully be on the road permanently in the next two weeks too! I still have a serious problem at home that needs my attention a lot of the time and I still have two ugly court dates ahead of me, but things are getting better steadily and I really hope I get to see y'all again soon. And I REALLLLLLLLY hope I get to kick Cj's @$$ at Englishtown in October!

And so it goes :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before trying to fix the rear axle.. I think you need to fix the idiot behind the wheel.. Thats the most crucial problem that needs attention. :D
I'm glad your finally getting the seals replaced.. If not, I can always send you a 5 gallon bucket filled with gear oil if you like.. You'll probably go thru that in 2 weeks. Ack Tank legal.. thats scary

I still wonder what would Lindsy do if someone took a picture of her wearing a suit or dress at the courthouse and posted it online here.. :D

Blee1099 said:
I still wonder what would Lindsy do if someone took a picture of her wearing a suit or dress at the courthouse and posted it online here.. :D

You should try it, Ben. It'd be like the Rodney King video tape for the new century. Then again, me beating the living snot out of you on tape would be really great evidence in court to get me convicted of attempted murder, so maybe that's a bad idea..

If you do a run in september I might be up for it!! They allow quads up there right? That'd be my wheeling vehicle then :p

In reference to aforementioned '66 Mustang...right now it's sitting in the garage with the top of the motor removed. I just installed a nice new set of Edelbrock aluminum heads with roller rockers on it before I went on vacation, and now I gotta finish the rest of the motor. Should be putting down about 320 hp when done. :burnout:

BTW, returning from vacation to find a squirrel had been doing the backstroke in your daughter's pool SUCKS!!!! I have to totally drain, clean and refill the thing now...grrrrrr!! :fire: Fortunately the furry little rat couldn't tread water for a week, and is now muching quite nicely down in the woods :D

I think we should try and make a little gathering/trail run or something before I leave. I want to get at least one more run in as an eXtremeXlplorer before I go and try to hang with the Nukin Futz crew.

Oh dont worrie Tex,...........you will be around for a bunch more i bet :p

Man, some worthy Organizer I am... I can't even afford internet access right now :p

This would probably be because the rebuild of Jack's 8.8 ended up costing about $550 :eek: Tewey (the tech at my work who did the job) pulled me in off my route to see the carnage and said "Your truck must love you to death... I'm amazed the axle didn't blow up on the highway!!" IE: The same thing that happened to Skunk (rear tires locked up from grenading of the axle's insides) would've happened to me, likely when I was doing over 50mph. Had to replace the LS; carrier, pinion and wheel bearings; seals; and spider gears. I took a pic, but I can't post it yet. The inside of the housing looked like the inside of a diamond because there was so much metal flake in it! And yes, the torn up spider gear is in my bedroom curio cabinet with fug's broken tail light, skunk's and jack's broken tie rod mounts and a piece of matt's rear glass :D

On the bright side, I wupped the P!SS out of this Blazer extreme that's been tormenting me for months because he knew I couldn't race my truck... the look on his face when I faked going slow and then roared past him at 100mph made my month :D ;)

So was that squirrel dead or just going for a swim, Jeff?

Tex, got a set date on when you're moving yet? (you get your card yet, too?)

Oh yeah, had to replace the parking brake too... Apparently all 4 shoes looked as though they had never even HAD pads on them!

Gee, wonder why on Earth THAT could be *makes face at Mike, Doug, Matt, Chris and Sabrina for driving Blackjack with the parking brake ON* :p

If those parking brake pads were never replaced since you owned it, I bet they were wore out long ago.

Hahahaha, yeah I got the cards and all I can say is........I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!!. No really, thanks alot for the cards. But you know there arent any Arbys anywhere near me. You just had to torture me didnt you.

As for a date that Im leaving, it will be around the 18th-20th of August. And Dave, you better keep quiet over there, I dont need any doubts in the back of my head.

Texplorer said:
Hahahaha, yeah I got the cards and all I can say is........I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!!. No really, thanks alot for the cards. But you know there arent any Arbys anywhere near me. You just had to torture me didnt you.

As for a date that Im leaving, it will be around the 18th-20th of August. And Dave, you better keep quiet over there, I dont need any doubts in the back of my head.

Poor Bobby.. No Arby's near by him.. Not even in NJ? I've got one about 10 minutes away from me.. :D

Bri and I figured it was an excuse for you to get out of NYC for a while, Bobby :D They're good everywhere and they don't expire for a year, I think...

I was going to get you McD's Gift certificates just to be a jerk :D ;)

tex, can ya hold out a week.... id like to get a run to paragon maybe the weekend of the 21st 22nd.... what do ya'll think?

Sorry, but school starts down there on the 24th. And I dont want to be wheelin a day before a 2000 mile road trip. If I break something Im sh*t outa luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spas said:
So was that squirrel dead or just going for a swim, Jeff?

I don't think he had bothered to buy a life preserver. He was doing the "deadsquirrel float" long before I found him.

I think we're available for a Paragon run at the end of August. I'll have to check with Sue to see if anything is planned.

Back