Official Moab 2004 Chitchat Thread | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Moab 2004 Chitchat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tdavis said:
I wonder how much diesel is in NV/UT.. It's outrageous here right now, $2.35/gal and climbing.

Last I checked (earlier this week) it was $1.95/gal here in Grand Junction, so that should put it around $2.00/gal in Moab.

Did my final prep for Moab today. Fixed my A/C (haven't had it for 2 years, man did I miss it) and installed my new reinforced T-case skid plate. I'm ready! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, we have to scratch on of the Cherokee's making the trip with us. My youngest son blew out his clutch and can't get it repaired in time. That takes our gang down to 2 Cherokee's and a beat up old Ex.

Figured out the headlight trim and the front bumper today, get it welded up tomorow. I am doing a major project a day right now. Building an entire truck in a week... Hope it works,

Thanks to Rick for getting me the shirt so FAST! You the man!

glfredrick said:
I am doing a major project a day right now. Building an entire truck in a week... Hope it works,

Haven't you seen that show on TV they rebuild a hot rod in seven days so you should be fine, your just doing adjustment work.

"Adjustment work"

Tell that to my body... :)

I have burn marks up and down my arms from the torch and grinders.
I have bruised knucklesand sore muscles from the body lift and suspension lifts.
I have red eyes from all the late nights and smoke from the welder.
And, I have a rather light wallet, though I have managed to do this entire project with a very low cost factor. Between eBay, parts on hand, and great deals through my kid's shop I have less than $500 in the entire re-build. Not too bad for about 5" of lift, new bumpers, new grill, sliders, disconects for the front and rear swaybars, Recaro seats, new brakes, ball joints, rotors, shocks, CB, stereo, and a bunch of small parts...

glfredrick said:
"Adjustment work"

Tell that to my body... :)

I have burn marks up and down my arms from the torch and grinders.
I have bruised knucklesand sore muscles from the body lift and suspension lifts.
I have red eyes from all the late nights and smoke from the welder.
And, I have a rather light wallet, though I have managed to do this entire project with a very low cost factor.

Just think how much more you will appreciate that truck with all that blood, sweat, and tears (you didn't say there were any of those but if you scraped your knuckes I know better) ;) added at no charge. It's always nice to be able to say you did the work yourself that's for sure.
Looking forward to meeting all the new people and our old friends. Looks like we will have a good turnout, sorry we are going to miss the wedding!!!

Have Fun

I wish I could go. :banghead: Unfortunately I will be out protecting our country from those nasty diesel submarines. Enjoy your runs and be safe. :chug:

I'm gonna have to back out too. I finished up my move to Phoenix this weekend and it ran over budget, eating up the Moab money. We'll have to get something together for the fall.

Somefrom Texas take Gerald a case of Zeigenbach for me and I'll owe you.

Msupertek I like the boot idea, lol, but we've never done that. Rick, sorry to hear Char cannot make it :( Michael, see you next time :)

I'm pumped! :bounce: I've got about one weeks work to do at my job in the next two days :( and still have to pack all my tools and stuff. I also think I need a new hub assembly on the right side and may have to R&R that before I leave.... I've had about a half dozen little things go wrong with the vehicle this week, stupid stuff like the glass hinge breaking, etc. I guess I'm glad it's doing it now instead of on the road.

Gerald,

You better get your stuff together... we have a wedding to do! :)

I'm sure that Ashli can't wait another minute... :bounce: :bounce:

I too am crankin' as you can tell by my posts - Got the front bumper done yesterday - today it is ball joints, bearings, rotors, and front brakes. If there is time, the sliders get welded. Some of this stuff is going to have to be "not pretty" but simply on there and useful...

Man - 2 days and we hit the road!

Rick said:
Gerald, sorry to say, but Char won't be able to join us :( She can't get the time off work since she already took so much off for her surgery this quarter.

Now who is going to spot??? Thats a bummer tell her, her spotting capabilities will be missed!!! And so will she!!!

Damn Michael I wanted to see that tube work!

Hahaha I ALMOST had to back out for $$$ reasons too, but its too late...we are going no matter what now!

Everyone does the last minute truck ready scramble, problems always rear their head before a trip like this...i have done ALL sorts of stuff in the last couple weeks, with still more to do before we head out bright and early Thur AM.

Uh, Oh! I better get weights for my dress! :p Good weather forecast, except for the wind

Friday, 5/21
Partly sunny and very windy
High 82° F

See y'all Thursday night!
Ashli

PS-ld hope you're ready for Moonpies, RC Cola and grits! We'll have plenty.

That sounds like one wedding for the history books!

I am sure we can gather up some wheel balancing weights it if gets too windy!

410Fortune said:
That sounds like one wedding for the history books!

I am sure we can gather up some wheel balancing weights it if gets too windy!

We can dress the bride up as the ol' ball and chain..

Got the zuk painted up some, finished the radio(s) install, and all I've got left besides packing is to replace the go pedal in the F250. I also dug out my other CB radio, which is totally portable. I'll have that for the F250 and can loan it out to anyone who doesn't have a working radio.

Speaking of CB's, I saw somewhere here that we're using Ch 1.
I have 39 working channels on my CB, but Ch 1 is not one of them! :rolleyes:

1 is not one of them!

What are the odds LOL! :)

fourty to one

hahahahaha!!! figures doesnt it?

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire::fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
I'm mad........I'm mad,I'm mad,I'm mad.......
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Of all things to go wrong, the tranny in my X bit the big one yesterday. There's no chance my X is going to make it to Moab this year. BUT, I'm not backing out! I'm going to borrow my dad's truck to get there and back, but this still leaves me with one probem. I can't wheel his F-250, so is there anyone outh there with a vaccant seat could I PLEASE bum a ride? I'll even pay for some gas!

See ya there. :thumbsup: (thats me bumin' a ride)

mrboyle said:
I can't wheel his F-250, so is there anyone outh there with a vaccant seat could I PLEASE bum a ride? I'll even pay for some gas!

I know I have an empty passenger seat, Rick has a seat, and there will probably be several others.

As I tell people - I make my passengers do things - ie, they get to scream "We are going to dieeeeeeeeeeee!!"

:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm hearing all those folks with money/truck woes and then my hands don't hurt so badl... I cranked all day today - did the ball joints, brakes, rotors, and dumped the pig and installed a locker! (also did that C-clip eliminator thing with the spring from the Ranger Station) Now I've got traction...

Tomorrow is tidying up some small things - get the CB installed, oil change, rear axle oil as well (synthetic all the way around). Then hopefully, a set of sliders, some sort of rear bumper (just to keep it legal - it won't be pretty) and pack for the trip. We leave Wednesday morning at 4 AM.

Those that pray - pray... we will need it!
For the rest of you - we'll pray... you'll need it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back