opinions on flowmaster

tnmk

Reaction score
City, State
Kaukauna, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Opininions on the flowmaster 50 series suv for my '00 5.0 please

I want performance more than anything. I don't want something that is terribly loud. A nice tone, but quiet on the hwy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

tnmk said:
I don't want something that is terribly loud.

In my opinion that rules out the 50; been there done that, and got rid of it.

A nice tone, but quiet on the hwy.

I think the 70 would be your prudent choice; I have it and like it. Very quiet on the road.

I'd love to know who can just switch out the muffler. I've got a SOHC, but nobody will put it on for less than $200...P.S. I listened to the clip and it sounds awesome...Im definitely going with the 50 series.

no1dan...let me know if you find someone to do it, im lookin at just switchin out the muffler too. i talked to flowmaster they said tack welding it is fine. i think a buddy of mine and i are going to do it later this summer.

and hey jtsmith, one muffler or two? i noticed on your video you have dual (at least thats what it looks like), but how exactly is yours set up

my exhaust is stock to the dual in dual out 2.5 inch , with duals (2.5 " ) run to 3.5"x12 " tips

Attachments

• mounty 5-18.jpg
    mounty 5-18.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 226

I've tried that link several times and it just locks up my computer. I don't have trouble w/ anything else. Something with that site.

maybe I should go w/ gibson. I understand those are quiet. They have a 2.25 dual in and a 3 out. Unless that would release to much back pressure

no the dual in and single 3" out is a GREAT choice for the 5.0L truck

Muffler brand is up to you, Flowmaster, Gibson, Spintec, Borla, Magnaflow, even many of the "off brands" are great mufflers, its up to you.

I have a dual 2.5" inlet, single 3" outlete FLOPRO on my BII and it sounds *****in, loud when you romp on it, not too droning on the highway, it was about $50. I would not pay over $100 to have a muffler installed, maybe a little more if they are bending the 3" tube for you as well...

pfeffer1728 said:
no1dan...let me know if you find someone to do it, im lookin at just switchin out the muffler too. i talked to flowmaster they said tack welding it is fine. i think a buddy of mine and i are going to do it later this summer.

I finally found a custom shop down the street from me. It was good luck for me though, cause i walked in and working the counter was an old girlfriend's ex... He's gettin it welded and installed with the muffler for $175. (its not bad since the 50 SUV muffler is retail 155.99.

Best of luck with it. After you get it on try to post a vid so we can start a comparison thread.

ill see if i can do that...im confident i can put it on myself with the help of my friend and his welding skills. it'll probably be toward end of summer, but ill try to get a sound clip up (buddy is good w/ that too...go figure).

sorry to jack the thread but i was wondering if anyone could tell me where i could find a sound clip of the 50 series on the v6 sohc i remember a while back someone had it on here and i cant seem to find it. Thanks for any help guys

um, im pretty sure the second post in this thread is a sound clip dude.

not familier with it, but I think you can do it on myspace .com

410Fortune said:
I have a dual 2.5" inlet, single 3" outlete FLOPRO on my BII and it sounds *****in, loud when you romp on it, not too droning on the highway.

That's what I have on my 5.0. Here are my thoughts on it.

pfeffer1728 said:
um, im pretty sure the second post in this thread is a sound clip dude.

DUDE i am pretty sure that is a dual out, but i guess i should have been more descriptive i need to find a sound clip for a v6 sohc with the single out thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back