Paragon Trip - Labor Day Weekend | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paragon Trip - Labor Day Weekend

see you there *****es!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will be there, (thanks to PAexplorer) but not wheeling. And I plan to head out saturday afternoon. SOOO much going on at work thats all i can do.

so where is everyone meeting up sat night, i need directions to the campground

i will let earthquake know you need directions when i see him again. he is running around somewhere but no idea where. PAexplorer and i got in lastnight.

im gonna need directions as well, linds invited me up and somehow my rents ok'ed it. Ill be up there round 830ish at the latest, i hope.

Wanted to say thanks for the great run - the kids and I enjoyed speding the day playing in the dirt, rocks, mud, and water with all of you. Some good challenges, lots of fun, and not too much breakage.

We're back (kids and I), but alas, the Explorer is still in Maryland. My battery light came on almost immediately upon departure from Paragon (maybe too much mud in the alternator?) and despite my attempts to clean battery terminals and power-wash under the hood, we didn't even make the campsite before she died. Despite the fine example of trail repairs by earthquake while at Paragon, I opted to call the calvary (my wife) to get us home. Now it's back with a trailer...

Other than that, the truck seems to have done fine for the first time out with new owners and should be repairable - so don't start bidding on the suspension components yet!

Again, I had a great time and look forward to linking up with you on the trails again sometime. Take care...

Paul

paul sorry to hear about the break down, glad everything else was fine, jill and i had a great time, hope to be able to make the next run. i should have my pics up later today

Paul, where did you leave it in MD? More than likely the alternator is bad or the battery which is a quick fix.

too bad you wernt closer to me, spare alternator is yet another part i have laying around. If you still need one i can send one with Linds just no idea if you are close or far or what from her.

thats too funny, my alt. burned out at the guides house. We replaced it, and after overheating on the ride home i made it with no problems, untill i went to start it up in a cvs parkinglot and realized that the starter quit. so i am now withouit wheels, untill linds brings up rookies starter tom. overall great trip, apart from blown tire, burn alternator, a stolen sock courtsey of the demon cat, and a blown starter. Ph, and the tensioner bearing is going bad , morale of the story is... dont play in the mud. Video will be posted soon, and youll see what i mean.

sn0border88 said:
....a stolen sock courtsey of the demon cat....

Thats awsome :D :D :D :D

Great time everyone!!!!! now time to rebuild for next time. Ya know, Chris got some talent there.... only he can roll his truck one night, then rip a pinion gear in half the next day.... hes special :rolleyes:

where r the pictures!lol

Blee1099 said:
Paul, where did you leave it in MD? More than likely the alternator is bad or the battery which is a quick fix.
I went back up Monday morning and trailered it home. No time to mess with it other than to hose off most of the mud. One of these days I'll get out there and figure out what's broken...

DIBS ON THE COILS AND RADIUS ARMS, there... i said what you all were thinking.

Oh man what a great weekend...! Sorry I haven't posted sooner- my little brother managed to screw up both my computer AND my internet while I was gone :fire:

Paul, sorry to hear about your X dying- Snowborder's overheated on the way home and Shelby was getting close to it too, so we pulled over and washed the heck out of our radiators and condensers, no problems after that. Mike's alternator was the culprit for draining his battery, I suggest you change yours first and see if that's the problem.

Well, I didn't really break anything except the rear ABS sensor (which I was going to pull anyway) and I'm really pleased with how well Shelby held up... I think I've got a keeper! Too bad our guide couldn't say the same, haha- never seen a pinion snap quite like his did. Although I've seen his power steering crack the frame before, just not on the miniaturized version :D

Rook and Shena, thanks for the floor space and the Byberry tour (which, although it was kinda scary was awesome), nothing like running through the woods at night in ninja mode :D Funniest moments from my view: changing tires in the dark using our guide's itty bitty (lug)nuts, trying to chop firewood with my hatchet (I WILL GET AN AXE, sheesh!), watching two of Lesser Hazleton's locals try to get romantic ("that's about as dumb as an hour of dry humping!"), 4 people trying to wrestle an A4LD out of a wreck, Wendy's new tranny fluid flavored french fries (Everything tastes like transmission fluid, AUGH!), Mike sinking his truck into 101 after only going about 10 feet, drunken pool and being forced to watch total crap for 3 hours (Mike- "Tig ol' biddies!", LOL) and me mistaking a hyundai for a neon :rolleyes:

My most important lesson learned: A4ld's are a creation of the devil! :D

I'll try and post my pics as soon as I can figure out how to resize them!

Its cool that you dont have an axe. it was that you said it was an axe and turned out to be a hatchet. Yeah the locals being romantic will be a joke for years. Now if we get some more people to go to byberry and such we can hit atleast THREE similar places in a weekend or something. COME OVER

all week I've been saying "that's about as gay as 2 hours of twilight dry humping". My wife has no idea what I'm talking about or why I'm laughing so hard. Hehe! Hey Rookie, maybe we should ask Manuel Noriega to get his friends out there for some more entertainment at white rock next time we're up there. It better be soon though cuz we'll freeze our **** out there.
-E

oh man, what a night that was indeed. Tho 3 hours of pure crap? I think its was only more like an hour of crap the rest i could live with. (He's really DRIVING her to tuna town).... bahahaha. ;) That seriously made my night, plus all of the triple black :cool: Anyway, Ben should have my pics up soon.

sn0border88 said:
oh man, what a night that was indeed. Tho 3 hours of pure crap? I think its was only more like an hour of crap the rest i could live with. (He's really DRIVING her to tuna town).... bahahaha. ;)

Oh YOU had to be the one to go there......! Figures, you were the one who laughed first. Apparently I beat up the wrong person ,,!, :p ,!,, It felt like 3 hours of torture (I can't let the rest of y'all in on this one, it was just too dumb to explain). Hey Quake, tell your **** loving jack@$$ of a friend the next time I play pool against him I want to be sober!!! 8 bacardis and a crooked stick will affect anyone's game, I'm calling interference :D

Eric, you better bring that X-Terra out next time, and not just to break up firewood, lol. Rookie, thanks again for the headlights: I could actually SEE on the way home tonight.

Still working on pics, I'll hopefully have them up soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no problem on the lights. glad they are working out for you. Snoboarder, you fool. Linds will kill you over that joke

Back