• Register Today It's free!

pics of ur rock sliders

93explorer4life

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
no curent
ok, my trucks rockers are far past gone, and i need ideas/pics of ur trucks with the sliders so i can get a good ol clue on what to do! so any pics or ideas would be great! and i got access to a welder, so custom rocks!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you can come up with a better/interesting design instead of the typical rock-slider :D. Build and show us what your creative side can do!

overview_lrg.jpg

centermount.jpg

rearmount.jpg

frontmount.jpg

We ended up doubling the width of the sliders to keep the body away from obstacles. It's worked out great.

Oh yeah, we also took the lip at the bottom of the body and folded it over so the sliders would ride closer to the body.

one problem is taht my rust has began to go under the door part! and i cut it! so i have literally no rocker! my buddy and me ar gona try and fab up some steel, he said make a pice of mettle, drop it strait down, make it turn a 45o turn, then a turn to face it twards the body, and then back! so it looks like a rocker! but can take some punching!
ill try and get some pics of asome drawing or something, to give a better idea!

For 4-doors, just hacking off the whole rocker is great, then you can weld up a set that are similar to Rick's, but that just go straight to the bottom of the frame without having to worry about that pesky body lip or anything. It also lets them ride just a bit higher for more clearance.

thats about what i have inmind! just runing from the bottom of the door to the bottom of the body where that pesky lip is, im not planing on doing major 4x4ing so i wont have to worry about clearance! and this is more for the looks part, so i dont have one side with no rocker, and the other with a partial!
rocker.jpg

I just posted a link to some made for a Cherokee by cutting out the body and welding in box tube like a week or 2 ago somewhere in this forum. Look for that if you want ideas for what you are talking about doing. Mine: 100% true bolt on and very stout. I also folded the lip in like Rick mentioned, just have to watch bending the front where the fender bolts on or your fender and door will go out of alignment.

orig. thread here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1440206#post1440206

Attachments

• sliders2.JPG
    sliders2.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,569
  • sliders10.JPG
    sliders10.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,342
  • sliders13.JPG
    sliders13.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 2,165
  • sliders12.JPG
    sliders12.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,653

Mine: 100% true bolt on and very stout. I also folded the lip in like Rick mentioned, just have to watch bending the front where the fender bolts on or your fender and door will go out of alignment.

got any picts of how you did the brackets around the ebrake line?

My sliders Pre-Installation:

4156P4090007.jpg

And Post Installation:

94X.jpg

Mine in their current state...

I'll be finishing them this weekend.

Attachments

• PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,509
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,622

thats about what i have inmind! just runing from the bottom of the door to the bottom of the body where that pesky lip is, im not planing on doing major 4x4ing so i wont have to worry about clearance! and this is more for the looks part, so i dont have one side with no rocker, and the other with a partial!
rocker.jpg

You could do something like this....

Attachments

• body slide.jpg
    body slide.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,590

You could do something like this....

wow thats almost exactly what i had in mind!
sept mine would look closer to an exploder rocker, i did think about just runing the slidder from the top like the pic ,and then just slanting it, but i dont know how it would look i think the way i had it would look killer!
i appretiate all the pics and ideas, it helps alot!

I actually meant hacking off the entire bottom part, not just the outside of the rocker panel. I suppose you could just hack off the outer part, then trim the rest for whatever metal you weld in there. I hacked off my totally rusted rockers inside and out, and welded in 2"x4" square metal tubing, which worked great.

Sorry I have no pics I can post (I'm not elite :( )... I have 2" square tube with 1.75" round tube out riggers mounted up at a 45 degree angle, then plate steel (3/16") pads welded in between for steps at the doors. Similar to Brian's pics, but not as pretty finished :) . Mine are welded to the frame with 2" square tube (completely AGAINST my wishes... the shop didn't build'em the way I wanted!). Good luck... just make them easy to remove for re-finishing in the future! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's what I'm talkin' about Froader! thanks. ;)

Back