PLAN B Build | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PLAN B Build

Some of you may know, and some may have suspected, but I'm starting a new project and it starts with a truck you all will recognize.

I picked up R.J.'s Navajo today. She is a little tired and was facing being parted out, but now will start a new chapter, a very different chapter. I give you Plan B.

(dead links)

So let's start off as to why "Plan B"? Well, it has multiple meanings.

• It starts off as I really wanted a early Bronco. I first learned to drive on Zukmans '71 Bronco he had years ago. But myself owning a early Bronco was not going to happen. There just way to ridiculous priced these days.:eek: So this is My Plan B.
  • JP is not going anywhere, I really just wanted to to do another build and JP is...well, JP!. It works, but it has a following and presence that really can't be changed....it's almost become, dare I say, an Icon of this forum. :jp: So this is My Plan B
  • The Navajo was on it's death bed. R.J. himself had already give it a time of death... :dead: So this is it's Plan B.....or maybe for it C...But for my plan, we'll say B :D
So what does the Plan B build look like? You'll have to watch and find out. But I'll give you some teasers..

• Starting Base : 1991 Mazda Navajo JX 4x4
  • SOHC - donor: 2000 Explorer Sport 4x2 103k
  • 5R55E - donor: 2008 Ranger FX4 45k
  • 1354 manual - still looking for
  • :sawzall: to smell the fresh air;)
  • Super Duty Axles - '99 F350 4x4 PSD
  • 40's - settling for 37's now
  • Grabber Blue
I think that should be enough to entice you all for now...

This is My Plan B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mustve been fun watching them balance 40s, eh? and when i thoight 35s were my eventual goal... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any idea what the difference in weight is? What is the width of the 37s and 40s?

They are actually both a 12.5 tire. Actual width is different for sure.

The 40's on these old Stonecrusher Rims are 115 lbs.

My 37's on Steelies are 125 lbs. last time I checked.

I need to double check that, but it's pretty crazy.

The 40's are a full Race tire. They are not DOT legal. But I got a good deal, and there is a lot of tread on them.

mustve been fun watching them balance 40s, eh? and when i thoight 35s were my eventual goal... :D

They are not balanced. They could not do it. Would not fit on the machine.

They are not balanced. They could not do it. Would not fit on the machine.
oh my 😂😂😂 now thats funny!!! well, ok not super funny from a practical standpoint, but funny they wouldnt fit!! 😂

@Stic-o
Response to post
#198 NAVA5.0
#
199 Nice!
#367 Good side shot pic
What is your total vehicle weight with a full tank?

continual balance beads then

lots of them!
I would love to have a set of those around, Navajo on 40's = will go places lol

Back