Plasti dipped grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

chefryno

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT
I had to do it, i plasti dipped my front grille and all my badging. Its is so simple, only took me a couple of hours. I did about 5 coats on the grille. here are some pics.. before/after
carbefore_zpse3163632.jpg

carduring_zps08f4c386.jpg

carafter_zps9fb12e27.jpg

there is a little bit of plastic dip overspray in the pic but it peels off very easy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice. I like your truck's Blue body color. I wish they offered that option for the Sport.

Nice! I'm looking at doing this in the weekend

you apply via spray can and it will peel off later? wont it come off in harsh weather?

Looks nice. I like your truck's Blue body color. I wish they offered that option for the Sport.

Plastidip comes in a wide variety of colors. You could have a blue Sport if you really wanted one... :)

Nice work you did. I've been contemplating about dipping my front grille as well for the past few months as I have a few cans of Plastidip. Like the blue as well. Is that a Kona Blue? Prior to getting my '11 Explorer, I originally was looking at the Kona Blue but none of the dealers in my area had it.

Nice work you did. I've been contemplating about dipping my front grille as well for the past few months as I have a few cans of Plastidip. Like the blue as well. Is that a Kona Blue? Prior to getting my '11 Explorer, I originally was looking at the Kona Blue but none of the dealers in my area had it.

I believe they call it Deep Impact Blue, its a great color. i dont see anyone else with it thats why i like it so much

you apply via spray can and it will peel off later? wont it come off in harsh weather?

Mine has been on a lil over a month now and ran through numerous car washes and traveled about 2,300 miles and nothing has peeled or chipped off still holding strong

Mine has been on a lil over a month now and ran through numerous car washes and traveled about 2,300 miles and nothing has peeled or chipped off still holding strong

Looks great chefryno! I've been wanting to plastidip my front grill, plus the chrome badges and "explorer" piece on the back. I'm new to last dip, and have been cautious to pull the trigger... Did the grill give you any problems? Any tips for doing it? Thanks!

Plasti dipped grill (two tone)

Plasti-dipped my grill this weekend, removed it from the truck, cant stand masking

Amazing, I just realized that no matter what you think of someone else has the same idea.

I have a white limited as well and was thinking of doing the exact same mode you just did.

It looks really good. The 22's also complete the look.

Very nice!! I like the wheels, what kind? Size?

Different, very nice!

Looks amazing!

thanks guys,
awmenard, that's cool im pretty happy with it, I figured if I didn't like it I could just go over the white with the black plasti dip, I used the plasti dip pearlizer over the white, definitely post pics of yours
Txaggie, they are Giovanna kilis 22s, got them from craigslist a guy next town over from me bought them for an edge but the deal fell through and he never got the edge, the wheels were sitting in his basement for almost a year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Billyg900, for the rims if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for them?

Just curious what 22's go for on the used market?

Back