Rearview Camera Problems | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I bought one on amazon and it said it was the correct part number and fit. I’m returning it because I got it to 9% and it would fail trying to program it. I just ordered from a genuine ford oem parts dealer online and will try that next week.

I did notice that it looks like the trim was a little loose fit so I’m concerned about water getting in and causing problems. If that’s the case, does anyone have any recommendations for what to do in that scenario?

That symptom of failing at 9% sounds like a bad or incompatible camera. One from the dealer is the best option. I don't think water is an issue in most camera failure cases, the connector is water proof. You could use some contact cleaner, wait for it to dry then apply some dielectric grease. That's what I did.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HI, I just bought the EB5Z-19G490-A to replace my camera in the 2013 Limited as well. I also bought an OBD2 Bluetooth and will download FORSCAN when they get here.

Do you mind telling me which version on Forscan you used and what was the name of the file I should be looking for and running?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Hello

I used the latest version from the website. The function is on the left, the wrench, then select BdyCM Rear Camera Calibration. In my 2013 XLT I couldn't find that option, instead I did a reset of a module, I can't quite remember, I think it was PAM or parking assist module reset. I can check tomorrow, i have to connect the Forscan to the truck.
Thank you. I will be getting the Camera and OBD 2 on Tuesday and just wanted to go through the process like you did. I keep hearing people getting stuck a 8% and dont want that to happen to me. So I want to follow the steps you did. Also my Limited doesnt have park assist.

Ok I just installed my new camera straight from the ford parts website. Still failing at 9%

My APIM error code Code: C1001:01-2B - Vision System Camera

IPMB error code
B115E:08-48

Code: B115E - Camera Module
Additional Fault Symptom:
- Bus Signal/Message Failures

I saw another post that said people used the BdyCM Local Interconnect new module calibration for the camera and now I have more codes....

C-CM Code: U0418 - Invalid Data Received from Brake System Control Module A

ABS Code: U0131 - Lost Communication With Power Steering Control Module A

PSCM Code: Code: U0415 - Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module A

I'm going backwards here. Can anyone please help me troubleshoot this? I'm kind of scared to drive the thing at this point!

I hope some gives up so advice because i will have my camera in about 2 days as well. Please let me know if you get it working.

Ok I just installed my new camera straight from the ford parts website. Still failing at 9%

IPMB error code

I saw another post that said people used the BdyCM Local Interconnect new module calibration for the camera and now I have more codes....

PSCM Code: Code: U0415 - Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module A

I'm going backwards here. Can anyone please help me troubleshoot this? I'm kind of scared to drive the thing at this point!

Wow, sorry to hear that!

Don´t be too concerned about all the codes, once you resolve the problem all of them should go away. When I had the bad camera I also had some codes, PSCM included. After the new camera and DTC clear, the codes were gone.
I had to do the BdyCM Local Interconnect reset to get the camera to show the guidelines. But as soon as I replaced the camera I had image.
Did you order the camera with your Vin#?
They are very specific. If you did, you should go to a dealer and explain you replaced the camera.

Looking at the dealer I buy from online, I believe your camera is part # GB5Z-19G490-D
It´s different form 2011-2015.

IPMB error code

I read that @Explorer75 said he reset a module like "parking assist or PAM" maybe you could try that.

I read that @Explorer75 said he reset a module like "parking assist or something" maybe you could try that.

Actually that´s what everybody had to do, configure the rear camera. I don´t have that option. All I did was a BdyCM Local Interconnect reset.

Good point @Coolrunnin02 , @wmubronco try that, reconfigure the rear camera. Check this video

Wow, sorry to hear that!

Don´t be too concerned about all the codes, once you resolve the problem all of them should go away. When I had the bad camera I also had some codes, PSCM included. After the new camera and DTC clear, the codes were gone.
I had to do the BdyCM Local Interconnect reset to get the camera to show the guidelines. But as soon as I replaced the camera I had image.
Did you order the camera with your Vin#?
They are very specific. If you did, you should go to a dealer and explain you replaced the camera.

Looking at the dealer I buy from online, I believe your camera is part # GB5Z-19G490-D
It´s different form 2011-2015.

I used this website and put in all my information and this is what it gave me:

Ford Camera - Parking GB5Z-19G490-C | Village Ford

looks like it says GB5Z-19G490-C

Maybe that is the issue?

Actually that´s what everybody had to do, configure the rear camera. I don´t have that option. All I did was a BdyCM Local Interconnect reset.

Good point @Coolrunnin02 , @wmubronco try that, reconfigure the rear camera. Check this video

I did a BdyCM Module Reset, APIM reset IPMB reset. I don't see the Local Interconnect reset option?

I used this website and put in all my information and this is what it gave me:

Ford Camera - Parking GB5Z-19G490-C | Village Ford

looks like it says GB5Z-19G490-C

Maybe that is the issue?

Did you provide your vin# when you purchased the camera?

If you didn´t, email them with your vin# and explain that the camera isn´t working, ask them to check if they sold you the correct part.

Yes, I did. This appears to be correct. The one you gave me is for the front.
Did you provide your vin# when you purchased the camera?

If you didn´t, email them with your vin# and explain that the camera isn´t working, ask them to check if they sold you the correct part.

I watched this. I don’t have those options for BdyCM in my 2016. It is listed under IPMB and that’s what loads to 9% then fails.

Yes, I did. This appears to be correct. The one you gave me is for the front.

I watched this. I don’t have those options for BdyCM in my 2016. It is listed under IPMB and that’s what loads to 9% then fails.
Ok!
I forget some guys have front cameras :banghead:

I believe your next step is go to the dealer.

So this is my update:

Everything came in today OBD 2 Adapter and New Camera. EB5Z-19G490-A is what I ordered and what was on the box. But on the camera it was EB5T-19G490-AA. It says manufactured on 9/11/2018.

So I took out the old and put in the new camera and amazingly everything was working. Very clear picture, parking lines and picture in correct orientation. My 2013 Limited doesnt have parking assist there is really no need to even open the OBD 2 adapter.

I'm crossing my finger that nothing else happens going forward and thanks for all you guys advice.

The number EB5T-19G490-AA doesn't exist on the AutoNation Ford site. There were improvements made to the camera at one time. When I had my2014 MKT the picture compared to the one in my 2011 Limited looked like it was HD. Glad to read that everything is working.

Peter

The number EB5T-19G490-AA doesn't exist on the AutoNation Ford site. There were improvements made to the camera at one time. When I had my2014 MKT the picture compared to the one in my 2011 Limited looked like it was HD. Glad to read that everything is working.

Peter
Yea the picture quality is definitely upgraded 1000%. I mean it says the camera was made a few month ago in September. Im just glad I did had to go through using Forscan.

Anyone know how I can find the wiring diagram and voltage information? I’m guessing it’s a grounding issue and not camera related. I also want to verify the voltage coming out of the wiring harness is correct. I’m kind of stuck and frustrated and really want to avoid the dealer if possible. I’ve been through 2 different cameras, ordered with my VIN, and it seems like the programming is different than those who have 2011-2015 bexause it goes through IPMB instead of BdyCM.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys I have an update! I figured there was something wrong with the wiring since I had 3 bad cameras in a row. I had to pop off the back side trim for the trunk and I saw a very corroded connector! When I pulled it apart, 3 pins were so corroded and broke off completely. I've been checking local auto parts stores for replacement connectors but not much luck so far. Any ideas?

Here are some photos:

Explorer repairs

Back