BIGHVM

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
UK, Richmond, Surrrey.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Northface
I dinked my Ex!!!!!!

After practice last night I went to reverse out of a space and scrapped fairly badly the plastic painted arch on the passenger side front wing- a decent lump of around 2 inches came off as i hit a very low wall about 2 foot! Bloody hells Bells....was I angry! Dont think its worth claiming for it- think I will do the repaire myself instead.....Still cant believe I did that!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dinked my Ex!!!!!!

After practice last night I went to reverse out of a space and scrapped fairly badly the plastic painted arch on the passenger side front wing- a decent lump of around 2 inches came off as i hit a very low wall about 2 foot! Bloody hells Bells....was I angry! Dont think its worth claiming for it- think I will do the repaire myself instead.....Still cant believe I did that!

Isnt it funny how our minds work when it comes to our cars, i read the header and didnt think " hope H is ok" or "hope nothing serious has hapened to him" i immediatley thought " i hope h'es not selling his ex or something really bad has hapened to it! lolol:)

Glad your okie though H, im sure your Ex will get its own back some way or other for treating it like that:)

regards
Si

Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that - bit of a tough one, H.
Suppose you can only look on the bright side. At least it was only the plastic arch and not the main body which would have given a lot more problems. Imagine it should be quite easy to fit another arch, or being plastic, repair the old one - keep us posted.
Richard

Sorry to hear.. We've all been down that road before, luck seams to have saved many of us from the same fate. Get it fixed and then have some :chug:

Well in daylight it looks bad- as you know I like you am fussy and like my Ex to look good- its is actually a tear in the plastic wheel arch extension and is trianguler in shape..I pass a body shop who was kind enough to phone Fords and they quoted- £87 for the plastic extension arch, and around that also to paint!
He also gave me a choice and said he could fix that by melting plastic onto it and painting it for £100 cash............Its hardly worth doing it myself, by the time I but the plastic stuff and wet and dry and paint and gloss and wait for a dry day- I would have spent I think around £40 anyway!
What do you all think- the hole is about the shape of a penny and the plastic around it for 2 inches either side is very rough?
Any one repaired plastic b4? I am tempted to use high temp hot melt glue gun and sand it down with a detail sander then prime and finish as per metal!?

If you would sit on the correct side of the vehicle I bet this wouldn't happen! ;)

Cheers mate and Todd you devil....the right side is the British way....its the way Ford should have designed it in the first place mate...I mean who wants those nasty column shift stalks?
BUt you all want to get your hand on our auto selecter dont ya dude...?
In the uk- generally girls sit on the left in an Explorer!
na na na na na!......Rasperry!

so whats a wing?

so whats a wing?

You would call it a fender.

Followed the link on the bottom of your post - very much like your van:D For my sins I run here in the UK, as well as my Ex, an '89 Econoline E250 with the 351W V8. Bit heavy on gas as it has an RV conversion and weighs in at over 3 tons.

You would call it a fender.

Followed the link on the bottom of your post - very much like your van:D For my sins I run here in the UK, as well as my Ex, an '89 Econoline E250 with the 351W V8. Bit heavy on gas as it has an RV conversion and weighs in at over 3 tons.

thanks it defintly i t's a work in progress

Its what Angels have and British Ex owners too!

we have wings too it's called redbull;)

I dinked my Ex!!!!!!

Didn't know there were any Explorers in the UK I never seen or heard of them till I came to live in the US .

Cheers mate and Todd you devil....the right side is the British way....its the way Ford should have designed it in the first place mate...I mean who wants those nasty column shift stalks?
BUt you all want to get your hand on our auto selecter dont ya dude...?
In the uk- generally girls sit on the left in an Explorer!
na na na na na!......Rasperry!

nowt wrong with column change . Most old British cars had column change :exporange

Quite a few there.

2927144107_f693544112.jpg

Also saw a LHD gen 1 and 2 in Amsterdam.

I dinked my Ex!!!!!!

er indoors did the same thing couple of months ago , but not so much damage , scraped plastic pn wheel arch , and slightly bent wing , causing side light and indicator light to break away from fittings , soon fixed . She backed into a chevvy s10 belonging to the local building inspector & part time cop ,denting his drivers door , Needless to say he took his truck to the body shop (conveniently owned by a friend of his and got an estimate for nearly $2 thousand , the truck is only worth $500 according to Kelley Blue Book , American equivalen to Glasses .

Also let me explain why I use English and American terms , I am English orignally from Stoke on Trent now living in trhe U.S. of A.:usa::uk:

Quite a few there.

2927144107_f693544112.jpg

Also saw a LHD gen 1 and 2 in Amsterdam.

Hi Todd you were either on vacation or are military serving in the Netherlands.:thumbsup:

From my origination point, I believe it's referred to as a 'holiday'. I studied in London for four months and spent a weekend in Amsterdam.

From my origination point, I believe it's referred to as a 'holiday'. I studied in London for four months and spent a weekend in Amsterdam.

Yep is holiday if your English , me being English & living in US use both terms .:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back