SAS Swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SAS Swap

How much typically would it cost to do a SAS w/ a nice D44 Front axle? Also, is this extremely hard to complete and time consuming. Finally, are there any easy-to-follow instructions w/ all of the parts needed to do the swap floating out there?

Between this, your backspacing thread, and your 4" lift thread..........you are making it painfully obvious that you are not SEARCHing at all!

There is an entire SAS Registry forum here. Read all those threads for a ballpark of time, money, and difficulty involved.

Actually, I've used the search, but didn't quite find what I was searching for. The 4'' thread input actually helped me decide on a lift better than the ones that the search engine found. I did look thru the SAS registry and found lots of info about time and parts, but I didn't get a clear $$ amount for the swap. Sorry to offend you. I've learned in the past when I used to drag race my Mustang, it was better to ask more questions if you didn't FULLY FIND what you were looking for esp. when you were about to spend thousands of $$ and time to lower your E.T's. Again, SORRY ROBB. I'm sure your "Reality" is better than mine since I'm new to this Explorer website. Please accept my apology.

Jason there is no answer to your question.... it all depends on who does the work, how much you can do yourself, what kinda connections you have with parts...etc. Research this stuff some b4 you post and look like a tard.

Back