Superlift or not?

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
Time to make a decision on the lift to put in my 94 Sportster.....

Superlift sounds nice...

But I've heard around here that people are buying only the front lift brackets and doing SOA in the rear on their own...
I can do that but what's the advantage since Superlift comes with front brackets, pitman arm, extended radius arms and kit to perform SOA? plus free shocks. Those might be cheapo schocks but still... free. And at $617.00? anybody seen a better price on this baby?

I don't need a Skyjacker...

any other ideas?
I had mixed lifts on my previous truck (2.5 Skyjacker, 1" spacers, longer shackles, 1.5" custom body lift).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless you are a mud racer, rock crawlerk, or desert buggy, It will fit your needs, go for it, sounds like a decent deal.

Guys that know me know that I do a little bit of everything... off-road mostly... nothing too extreme. I could go the other way and install 2.5" Skyjacker and 1.5 Body Lift but that would give me 4" with only 2.5" of incresed travel. If I go 6" Superlift (or should that be 5.5"?) than I also get longer radius arms and be able to move rear spring pack above the axle. BTW, axle is going too. I'm putting a newer disk brake 4.10 factory axle back there. Any Superlift kits cheaper than $617.00?

Advantage with the SL is the spring over in the rear getting those bad boys away from the rocks. Another advantage is doing all suspension gets your frame up no tjust the body. I noticed much less high centering with all susp versus sups and BL.

I would be willing to bet the superlift will hold up to anything you throw at it.

As far as the shocks go you are getting exactly waht you paid for! THey SUCK! Worthless for offroad.

I wouldn't worry about shocks as I would most likely upgrade to something better. Sounds like the Superlfit is the way to go. Now I need to make a few phone calls and snoop around a while to see if I can find a better deal...

although I think It's gonna be hard... $617.00 including shocks and free shipping... all I would need is extended brake lines (they say I don't need those - yeah! right!)

no offense but for what it would cost to ship it I'd get the new one.

You do know that people have been breaking SL radius arms and drop brackets left and right don't you? Superlift stands behind their product and has done several redesigns, but they have yet to get it right.

are you trying to scare me Rick? what are my options then? Skyjacker costs an arm and a leg.... sure might be well worth it but really worth that much?

what are you sugesting? SAS? I'm not ready for that... I just got the truck, OK? give me some time!

$500.00 sounds like a beginning... let's negotiate. Send me a PM with the list of parts that come with...]

Thanks,

I'm not trying to scare you at all. Do a search on broken superlift and see what you come up with.

Dead Link Removed

you are the Dre with the old unlimited correct?? I bought that old front pig from you too??

anyways you buy that superlift, and seeing as you dont want those soa brackets cause you wanna weld you own anti wrap MORE brackets on. you can just send me the soa brackets :D

Ryan

Ryan... if these brackets are so bad why would you want them???????

I sold that pig to you and now I'm looking for one myself...
:)
anyway. What other options I have then? I looked at TuffCountry stuff... got to call them to see if I can just buy brackets and extended radius arms...

who's got the best stuff then for the front?

Are you guys are still pushing me towards SAS????

Is this a dedicated trail rig?

Shame on you if it is. Do a SAS and end up with a much better product. My truck would already be SASed if it were as easy to do as a first gen.

is this some kind of conspiracy?

OK... what's involved?

I got it Josh..... I'm kind of reviewing all my options now.... I might use or do something else. Lift has got to be the first item on my list though. Can't touch anything else without it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you do superlift it will be much cheaper now than an SAS

However you will be more satisfied in the long run with an SAS.

Superlift would also be quicker, it is up to you to determine your prriorities.

Back