California End of Summer Run 2! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California End of Summer Run 2!

FROADER said:
That sucks, sorry to hear it guys.

Brian, I might be in big bear this weekend. If I am I'll see if I have time to find you. I wrote down where you might be.
Cool.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brother_of_Jefe said:
So, do I mess things up if I say I still want to go? (I gotta winch and Jefe's welder :D )
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm committed to BB.

Okay, if you guys still want to do this trip, I need to know today (Tuesday). I can still swing it, if I leave the Wife and dogs at home.........and I am willing to do that just to run the Swamp again. Besides, I am getting the feeling the Wife wants to back out but is not admitting it, typical female. If you guys commit, and I mean commit, I will leave Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning early. Am planning on taking my daughter Sarah and her friend.

***Everybody who wants to go please.....
RESPOND ASAP**** :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :p

BKennedy said:
Okay, if you guys still want to do this trip, I need to know today (Tuesday). I can still swing it, if I leave the Wife and dogs at home.........and I am willing to do that just to run the Swamp again. Besides, I am getting the feeling the Wife wants to back out but is not admitting it, typical female. If you guys commit, and I mean commit, I will leave Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning early. Am planning on taking my daughter Sarah and her friend.

***Everybody who wants to go please.....
RESPOND ASAP**** :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :p

truck list

CG
brother of jefe
bkennedy
stick-o
goliath

5 is way better than 3, im in, lets go.

-joshua

*****in' Josh. I have been pissed off at the world ever since I decided to do BB instead, because I really wanted to to this trip. Heck, I think I will go up there anyway, even if no one else goes.

CG, Bro of Jefe, Stic, Goliath and me will make five rigs, two with winches and one welder.
Stic, get working on those sliders, you still have a few more days. Remember, when building off-road stuff, use twice as much metal as you think it will need.

Here is my cell number 858 354 0597.

Ok, ok, John twisted my arm. Lets wheel! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We'll be up Fri, Sat, but may leave sunday morning so I have a chance to get my transmission back in (assuming I get it back).

I'm good to go. I'll be in LA late Wed. nite & hope to head up there late Thurs. or early Fri. Scooby Doo fishing pole at the ready :D

MOTHER FU&$ING I Swear! :fire:

I already have booked a hotel room in Laughlin and promised a nice weekend on the colorado river with my wife, and now you guys wanna go again! :fire:

I'm out guys, I can't break her heart we havn't gone anywhere in awile (not offroading). You guys will have fun and get over it, I have to wake up next to her everyday. I'm sorry guys, I really am! :(

Last edited:

This storyline has more plot twists than a Hollywood movie! :eek: ;)

Stic-o said:
MOTHER FU&$ING I Swear! :fire:

I already have booked a hotel room in Laughlin and promised a nice weekend on the colorado river with my wife, and now you guys wanna go again! :fire:

I'm out guys, I can't break her heart we havn't gone anywhere in awile (not offroading). You guys will have fun and get over it, I have to wake up next to her everyday. I'm sorry guys, I really am! :(
Just tell her to suck it up and wheel!!! :p

Okay, so now there were four.
Brother of Jefe (with Jefe as co-pilot)
CG
Goliath
bkennedy

I will be up there sometime on Thursday, should be mid-afternoon.

Okay, now that we decided to go up there, does anyone besides Stic have a off-road map of the area?? I know I don't. :confused:

BKennedy said:
Okay, now that we decided to go up there, does anyone besides Stic have a off-road map of the area?? I know I don't. :confused:

Someone can borrow mine, if they wanna pick it up. You give it back next run. :rolleyes:

Brian, I'm a mile out of you way if you wanna stop by.

Last edited:

Stic-o said:
Someone can borrow mine, if they wanna pick it up. You give it back next run. :rolleyes:

Brian, I'm a mile out of you way if you wanna stop by.
I usually take the 15 to 10 to 210 to avoid LA traffic. How would I get to your place from the 210?

Man, now I feel sorry for you Stic, just tell your wife you the run is back on, she will understand.. :confused: :eek:

Damn I wish I could make it. Just going outdoors (outside of walking to my car) would be nice since I've been so cooped up in my office. I have my tcase finally, I am just time and a driveshaft away from getting it in.
Have fun everyone.

BKennedy said:
I usually take the 15 to 10 to 210 to avoid LA traffic. How would I get to your place from the 210?

Man, now I feel sorry for you Stic, just tell your wife you the run is back on, she will understand.. :confused: :eek:

Yeah My own run, and I miss it. :banghead:

I'm right off the 134, between the 2 and the 5. If you go straight thru pasadena where the 134 and 210 meet, I'm only a few miles past there. then you can crusie up the 5 (already above downtown) or go back a mile to the 2 then back to the 210. Thats alot of numbers :confused: I'll send you a PM

Besides even if I did go, I don't think i would do Swamp, sence I don't the sliders are strong enough, and I don't have time to fix before then. I'll take some pictures tonight. I hate them right now, They are so low! I just need to yank out the BL and they'll be fine height wise. But if I pull the BL, I'm pulling the front axle. ;)

RangerX said:
This storyline has more plot twists than a Hollywood movie! :eek: ;)
Producer: The studio's screaming! After 5 months of posting, the run is a NO-SHOW!! Our thread just got beat out by the "10th Anniversary Run"!!

Director: But, look at what I have to work with - a few "supposed" hard-care 4x4 freaks - who start whining about $3 a gallon gas, trail breakage, and having to "check with their wives/girlfriends" before disappearing for the weekend.

Producer: I don't give a !@#$!! If you don't get those thread views up and get this thing going again, you're going to be stuck running the Newbie forum answering questions like "What giant-size off-road tires can I fit on my 2005 Explorer?" or "What cheap engine mods (less than $100) can I do to bring back the performance on my truck? - I just put on 35" mudders". OR MAYBE I'll just trade you over to the J**PERS website!!

Director: But, look at this ridicoulous thread! It's about five guys, and it's got over 150 posts and over 2700 views!!! How the hell am I going to bring the drama back??

Brother_of_Jefe: Excuse me? I have an idea.

Brother_of_Jefe said:
Producer: The studio's screaming! After 5 months of posting, the run is a NO-SHOW!! Our thread just got beat out by the "10th Anniversary Run"!!

Director: But, look at what I have to work with - a few "supposed" hard-care 4x4 freaks - who start whining about $3 a gallon gas, trail breakage, and having to "check with their wives/girlfriends" before disappearing for the weekend.

Producer: I don't give a !@#$!! If you don't get those thread views up and get this thing going again, you're going to be stuck running the Newbie forum answering questions like "What giant-size off-road tires can I fit on my 2005 Explorer?" or "What cheap engine mods (less than $100) can I do to bring back the performance on my truck? - I just put on 35" mudders". OR MAYBE I'll just trade you over to the J**PERS website!!

Director: But, look at this ridicoulous thread! It's about five guys, and it's got over 150 posts and over 2700 views!!! How the hell am I going to bring the drama back??

Brother_of_Jefe: Excuse me? I have an idea.

HILLARIOUS....

Heres another plot twist...

im oficially out, a friend just came up with seats 6 rows back at the 49ers game on friday.

-later
-joshua

...and then there were 3!

Again :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That’s it!

I’m going by myself & I officially forbid anyone else from going. I want the mountain all to myself; consider this run closed to the public! :D

Actually, my little girl has a cold & I think she passed it to me…& thought to myself, wouldn’t it be funny if I got sick & couldn’t go….

Looks like I’ll be the only one with 33” tires, I think I might try to round up a 2nd. spare just to be on the safe side. I don’t know how this trail is for sharp rocks.

Back