The Turdle's Exhaust-(yeah revisited again) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Turdle's Exhaust-(yeah revisited again)

OK-now I'm going to try this. Getting ready for tuning.

I'm going to scrap all of it. I'll have new collectors with 2.5" pipe, new 2.5" high flow cats, then to a 2.5" to 3" y pipe. I'm then going to fit a 3" in out muffler, step it to 3.5" for a silencer and tail pipe. This will come at the expense lifting the truck to at least it's stock height. I'm hoping to keep a bit of back pressurew, so the muffler choice will be critical.
I think these cats have about had it--so why not?

This will be a long term project so be patient. I hope to have it all by this time next month.
Be kind with the opinions--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today I went to Tom's muffler to say hi,
I ended up having 2.5" downpipes and magnaflow catalytic converters installed.
These guy are great--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So that's the "quick" errand you had to run:D

So that's the "quick" errand you had to run:D
No, I stopped by there on the way home. They weren't busy and offered up the work.

I really did have other things to do, but what the heck.

has anyone ever dynoed revising the cat pipes, is there any real power to be gained there besides looking at the bends and freaking out? :D

I don't think that anyone has, and most changes have been just cutting out the rear cats. I have a pair of aftermarket cats that I will use and remake the cat pipes. I'll wait until I have swapped engine and have a good tune, with timed testing. When I finally get that far I'll know what the cat pipes and rear cats are worth.

Back