The Turdle's Exhaust-(yeah revisited again) | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Turdle's Exhaust-(yeah revisited again)

OK-now I'm going to try this. Getting ready for tuning.

I'm going to scrap all of it. I'll have new collectors with 2.5" pipe, new 2.5" high flow cats, then to a 2.5" to 3" y pipe. I'm then going to fit a 3" in out muffler, step it to 3.5" for a silencer and tail pipe. This will come at the expense lifting the truck to at least it's stock height. I'm hoping to keep a bit of back pressurew, so the muffler choice will be critical.
I think these cats have about had it--so why not?

This will be a long term project so be patient. I hope to have it all by this time next month.
Be kind with the opinions--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still doesn't rule out a completely flat tire....While it is very rare just think how hard you'll miss it when you need it.

I carry tire repair tools, and have an onboard air supply. Regards,

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I carry tire repair tools, and have an onboard air supply. Regards,

i think he means like a really messed up blow out. I had a tire fail on my cadillac and it just blew i giant slit down the side wall, there aint no repairing that. But thats what cell phones, tow trucks, and friends are for.

I've only needed a spare once, and wouldn't worry about it. Besides, how often would you be far enough away you couldn't just call somebody, anyway:D

The victim

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 353

What, no before vid?

And did you have to change your shorts? Referring to the "OH GOD" remark:D

I really do like those GTOs all though some people say they don't like the looks. They look awsome in dark colors, if i don't get another mounty after college its because i'll be picking up one of these or a bullet mustang.

I have a family friend whose a mechanic for Ford and they were doing some work on one of those GTO's (Dont know Why) and he said it could run circles around a new mustang... Said it could burn it all the way up the block if you know what I mean...

hey jim when did u get a gto it looks nice

I have a family friend whose a mechanic for Ford and they were doing some work on one of those GTO's (Dont know Why) and he said it could run circles around a new mustang... Said it could burn it all the way up the block if you know what I mean...

They are making an extra 100hp over the mustang, so I should hope they could run circles around one.

hey jim when did u get a gto it looks nice

Hey Sam-
No, It is my friend's car. I was just helping him install the exhaust right here.
It is back at home right now, but I think it's going to be back here later so we can install the headers here. It sounds really good now but when he gets here to install the headers , I'm sure it will sound the same until we get the headers on there.Then it will sound better.

Oh, BTW , I have an ex wife or two running around-so I have been called everything in the book. Out of habit I'll answer to just about anything, but just so you know, my name is Jon

:D

They are making an extra 100hp over the mustang, so I should hope they could run circles around one.

They actually make 10 more HP than a corvette, they just weigh more which isent really a bad thing, it gives them a more stable road gripping feeling. The GM dealership was clearancing out the last 2 new ones here in NE for $23k :eek:.

I'd like to see a vid of you racing your friend?

After all this talk, if it wasn't for the fact i'm going to be taking many vacation trips in my ex i'd dump my spare and run dual exhaust.

Back