tinted tails or not | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tinted tails or not

ok i have a set of clear tails right now that are tinted red with the black lines painted to match. but i threw one of my dads tinted tails on my truck the other day and now cant decide if they would look better or not :confused:

tails i have right now(and the only tails i have. i had to replace the stock ones)
4-30-05_car_show_036_(small).jpg

with tinted tails
3-2-05_004_(small).jpg

thnx for the input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i like the 75% red one with jsut a little clear and smoked like the second pic.....

or you could just paint them green liek the rest of your truck, im sure you have some of the paint left over ;)

i have the clear ones painted green right now. i would be picking up stockers to tint black. i would not be using the clear ones.

i really have not made an opinion on this yet..lol i cant decide..the clear ones with the red look nice..but the tinted ones do to.

i think those clear ones with the red jsut look cheesy... and i dont know about tinting the stockers, the top would still be orange... not red, wouldnt you need clears? or would you just spray red on top of the orange?

i would spray the stocks orange part red then tint them dark.

maybe i should just love what i got...cause only a few others have tails like that..i dont know..i really am worse then a old women i can never make up my mind.

off topic

whered you get the clear tails to begin with?? ive kinda been looking for some (yes i know theyre illegal, jimabena ;)

/off topic

i like the second pic, it looks awesome with your tinted windows.

Actually, I like them both. You could switch them out when the feeling hits you for a change of pace. I kinda like the clears with the red myself, but the tinted looks good to.

I normally dont really like the tinted tails, but on your ex for some reason they look like they belong on there. I say tinted.

tinted looks so much better, the clear tails look fugly

Go with the tinted tails, much cleaner looking. :thumbsup:

My vote is for tinted as well

That's what its all about. As long as you like them, thats all that matters.

tinted

Back