Top Speed of a 5L w/o speed limiter | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Top Speed of a 5L w/o speed limiter

I have had my 4.0V6 SOHC up to 170kp/h (108Mph) a few times, did it overtaking Road Trains (Big Semi Trailers) up north we get some Big ones over hear.

I have spoken to a guy over hear who said the fastest he had got his V6 SOHC up to was 200kp/h (125Mp/h).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats weird. I got my 5.0 Explorer to 119 mph. I know this because thats what the cop said when he wrote my ticket! haha I got extremely lucky though. He let me go (still gave me the ticket but at least didnt take me to jail). I got an attorney and he fixed it all up for me. lol Everyone is right though, in a 4 door explorer that is way to fast. It was stupid, I know this but damn, what a RUSH! haha My Explorer is a little lower then usual though.

Ask Troll :) I am sure he could help you find out the top speed for a 4 door V8 Exploder

Haha my bad. I thought this thread was about 5 speeds, not Five Oh's :p

With my stock explorer I went 108 on the GPS. With 600 hp I went 157 on the GPS. It was rock solid while I was on the gas but when you hit the breaks at that speed it gets a little hairy. I would go faster but I ran out of safe road ahead of me. I would like to go to the standing mile race in North Carolina and see how fast I could go on the track in one mile.

Was it still pulling more or less hard at 157?

Well, I live in kansas, and just about every road here is deserted at one time or another, so on my first build, about 2 years ago, Mine was pulling HARD at 120. Normally aspirated.

I think ive gotton mine up over 100... maybe hahah. handles like a dream at those speeds, glad i didnt get a sports car :p

Did ~160 down I-485 on an R6... NEVER doing that again it got do that point where you cant see anything but whats directly infront of you; best part about it was the people i was riding with, they couldnt figure out why i was letting off.

?

i got 113 in my 5.0 eddie bauer edition awd, i dont know how, maybe the straight was a lil sloped and had the wind behind me, but i got 113. everything on the x is standard, i wanna make some modifications to it, but i dont know where to start, fixing my frame?..

I have been 215mph in a Buick GNX at Bonneville:)

I have been to approximately 120 MPH with the Mountaineer, AWD and 33 inch tires on stock gears.

It still has the limiter, but not after I convert to Carburation.... :exp:

Would have never known I was going that fast, it rode beautifully.

Daniel

It was still pulling hard but I ran out of room to go faster.

I won't tell what mine will do (after racing a z06 late[/B} one night) but it will complete the 1/4 mile in 111 mph.

Wow, I was stupid. I have a truck built for speed now and rarely do over 85.

me and my girl did ~105 in her 92 XLT auto

Couldn't resist...

IMG_0028scopy.jpg

But getting back to 5.0 Explorers, I had mine up to 110 down a hill on 684, Not surprisingly its more stable at 100+ then my Mustang at 70mph.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had mine doing 116mph one morning passing cars (old lady drivers in a small hick town) on the highway where its dead as hell. It never felt unstable even for a second.

I did 140 in my Z28 and i don't know what everyone means when they say the dashed lines looked solid cause i've never seen that even doing 140. My brother got clocked doing 134 in his camaro and just got a big ticket.

Back