Photos - Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005

I lost the program I used to make my animated GIFs with :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick when I clicked on the thumbs the full size pictures did not work. Here it is with the thumbs.

#1. Just to show the size of the flames:
1600TruckHavenFire.gif

#2. A better one of just the big flames.
1600TruckHavenFire1.gif

Colin, that makes me warm all over! What a great time it was last trip. Can't wait for TDS.

I went by and looked at my Explorer. The heim mounts look very sturdy. The mount is wrapped in steel from the rear to the bottom, with the opening for the heim just clearing at full drop without the coil springs or shocks in place. It should be ready to rock in less than a week.

So I finally got around to checkin/repacking wheel bearings today and guess what I found. . . A busted hub. :rolleyes: And here I was blaming the locker. :banghead:
The sad part is that if it was never the locker, its been busted since Thanksgiving :eek:

Jefe said:
So I finally got around to checkin/repacking wheel bearings today and guess what I found. . . A busted hub. :rolleyes: And here I was blaming the locker. :banghead:
The sad part is that if it was never the locker, its been busted since Thanksgiving :eek:

Jefe....did you win the lotery or something? Because you sure like replacing parts on your truck lately! :p

Alright, I hate to sound *too* lost.. but where does TruckHaven take place? Near what city/state? And.. when is it? :)
I only have a stock X (for now.. still my daily driver) but I have a great portable BBQ, and any excuse to go out and grill is a good one. :D

Mapquest "Salton City, CA". We usually camp about 2 miles northwest of there. :)

Nothing like the thriller of a griller..

And I'm thinking of a few good chunks of tri-tip for 2006!

RangerX said:
Mapquest "Salton City, CA". We usually camp about 2 miles northwest of there. :)

Oh, so a stones throw from "The Middle Of Nowhere" - cool. :D

Back