Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregg,

Where are you staying in Leadville? I've not decided if I am going to camp or motel it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Scott,
We are gonna have to hotel it, where? Not sure yet. We are hoping that more will join us, and see how it plays out for a while. We are camping it for Thur night, Fri, Sat, Sun, at KOA in Ouray, that's 100% decided already.

Have you decided what your doing? All we need is a place to crash & shower, so we don't need anything crazy luxurious. A place where we can eat a nice dinner would be nice for each night as well.

Tenative me and my buddy with a sas bronco. I will confirm the dates and then let you know for sure. I really need to do black bear.

Well, I found out that when you reserve a site at the KOA, that the # site you want to have is not guaranteed. They told us that it might be there, or it might not be there. So I think we need to tell them we are a group coming from all over and need to be together.

Has anyone called and made a reservation yet? If not, when you do, mentioning the forum might help us all out getting sites grouped up. We have site #47 reserved.

Not sure if anyone has relations with the higher-ups at the KOA, but a phone call sure would help out.

Never had relations with or at KOA.

Not sure if anyone has relations with the higher-ups at the KOA, but a phone call sure would help out.

Keep your relations quiet, will ya? Some of us are trying to sleep... ;)

Hey, if the tent is a rockin! Dont come a knockin! :)

Speaking of, been on the hunt for a nice girl that likes to get muddy, dont mind pushing the truck, can cook, and owns a golf course, know someone that fits that description? Send her my way please!

My brother and I might be coming we'll have to see what my work situation will be like, and if he can get the time off. One or the other of us might come out by ourselves it's still up in the air right now. Who knows I might even come out ready to play:D

Wow what memories. Wish I could go again, but there's just no way to pull it off now that I live so far away. I'll be keeping up with this thread though and living vicariously through you guys :)

Gerald,

I have an empty seat... ;)

Yeah, and we live only a couple hours away from each other now. It's a time thing.... I couldn't take off for the length of time this trip would take. Thanks for the offer though :)

Well, I am starting to acquire some spare parts for this run.

Have:
Pass/driver CV Axle--tie rods--front drive shaft--1 hub--shift motor--brake caliper/bracket--2 sets of U-joints--thermostat--fluids--2 lug bolts & nuts--fuses--full size spare--head light, tail, & marker bulbs--air filter--shocks--asst nuts & bolts--electrical wire kit w/connectors

Wants:
GPS--Spending $$--A pretty girl for a co-pilot :)

Do I need something else? Am I over killing this? Dunno.

Besides all that, I will have other stuff, like recovery tools, hand tools, first aid kit, camping gear, coolers, maps, extra cell phone, dig cam, and other things that make life easier.
.456 gears DONE! --Diff exhaust--rear bumper/tire carrier--and a tune, still needing to be done before this run.

If you look at my registry (link below) you will see a list of the things I am doing/going to do to the truck before this trip.

i always carry spare cv's but im locked in the front.. you dont need spare rears imo.

go to explorer4x4.com for the 'list' of what you should bring.

Yeah, I read the list. I am just thinking in my head what could break on the trail, and needing to be replaced. Being so far from home, and the thought of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere is daunting to say the least. I feel better to be prepared than not at all.

Are these trails with obstacles or just mining/service roads. Also I have 2 sets of CV's axles sitting in my garage taking up space, along with a superlift lift kit.

Chad,
From what I have been told, there are some obstacles to overcome, but not many. The fact that the roads are mostly rock (mining roads)they are going to jar parts and have the potential to break things. I am probably a little on the overkill side of parts collecting,(newb) but hey, you never know.
Do you still have your stock hubs? You did go D44 SAS in front right? I could use one of them as well.

Brian,

Do you think there is any chance we could get a group rate at the Ridgway-Ouray Lodge & Suites? September is still high season, and they are asking $100.00 a night for a room.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i really don't think you will need drive shafts or rear axles. Sure Ferd did build them with that weak of parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back