Photos - Moab 2006 Photos | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Moab 2006 Photos

Wow those were some sweet pics. I cant wait for badlands run.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RangerX said:
I stopped in Baker, CA (between Barstow and Vegas) to take a pick for some proof. :eek: If you can't make out the temp, it's 119.
Wow. I'm glad when we rolled through on Monday afternoon it was only 109. And luckily I had A/C on the downhill stretches.

I made it home safe and sound last night. Stopped at Great Basin National Park, did the Lehman Cave tour, and decided to head on home after noting the sky was dark, there was lots of snow still on the ground there.

I have some videos I'll be posting in the next few days.

Got home yesterday afternoon. Both my brother and I got pulled over for no front license plates and no mud flaps! Luckily the trooper was nice and he just let us go with a warning. Looks like I'll have to get some mud flaps on here soon...that's twice I've been pulled over in the last month!

It was great to meet everyone and run some really cool trails! I can't wait to get back. I'll get some pics on here soon.

MoabB2 said:
Got home yesterday afternoon. Both my brother and I got pulled over for no front license plates and no mud flaps! Luckily the trooper was nice and he just let us go with a warning. Looks like I'll have to get some mud flaps on here soon...that's twice I've been pulled over in the last month!
And it's pretty hard to say; but officer I'm just passing thru your fine state when you live there.
After we did Baby Lions Back with you guys we went over and checked out Potato Salad hill & drove up about half way to take a picture and it looks like your just climbing a little pile of rocks. I hate how pictures turn out.

IMG_0505.jpg

Man I miss the west. :( I really do miss that place. Anywho.... for everybody that has any video, please email me the entire video. I really am hoping on doing a video on the three events and the more footage I can get, the better the results. If you're on dial-up or have a ton, please email me and we can figure something out.

ltongate@sbcglobal.net

Glad everybody had fun, and I can't wait to get back out there.

Has anyone heard from Lindsy?

Rick said:
Has anyone heard from Lindsy?
She made it back. She got in this morning at around 5:15 AM and had to work by 7 or 8. Luckily it was a slow day for her until the last little bit. She should have her pics up soon if not I'll assist her on it.

I can not stress enough what an honor is was to finally meet/wheel with all of you after so many years of being on this board! Definitely the most amazing trip I've been on yet, hands down :cool: I take it back about y'all visiting the East coast, stay out there! Our wheeling is NOTHING compared to Moab, lol.

Coolest/funniest moments of my weekend: Chasing TwoToneX through the Rockies and repeatedly finding the rental Stang's speed limiter :rolleyes:; discovering that no matter where you are, if you own an Explorer/Ranger/B2/etc you are a natural born Bs'er capable of Bs'ing til the wee hours over a campfire and brew; Tiki's are pretty cool!; bring wayyyyy more liquid than you think you need; RangerX is a pizza-holic; Pumpkin really is that big in person :eek:; When standing near Char and you see her take a deep breath, cover your ears :D; Gerald will NEVER be allowed to forget the Hootus incident; Learned what H.W.S.N.B.N. means (<--Still LMAO over that one); If Mapquest says it takes 5.5 hours, allow 7; If I ever tried to follow Jefe's, John's, Show's, Matt's or Marshal's lines I'd be dead; Cops really like the new Mustang body style; and there are some DAMN COOL people on this site!!

Mega thanks to Bill and Marshal for letting me crash at their pads, and especially to Marshal for making me laugh when I was freaking out at Denver Int'l trying to find a way home ;) DIA has really nice bars, I later discovered.. "No Mish flight attendant pershon, I isn't drunkth...I'm jush tired...."

I had so much fun that I really want to try and make it every year from now on, and I promise I'll do my best to get more east coasters to come out too :)

Ranajo (Dude, change your name back to Sideshow Bob, it's easier to say!!) copied all the pics and vids from my SD card... Bob, can you post them or should I have Ben make a copy of all 3/400 pics and sick videos I got??

As soon as I can figure out how to disable work's pop up blocker I'll post a few of my favs ;)

Dammit I missed all this for a friggin radiator, which bye the way is NO LONGER LEAKING!! just was not meant to be this time I guess....sad part is I have like 4 "extra" radiators, they just dont fit my truck anymore....

next time I may just rent a stang and go :)

Spas,

Glad to hear you got back in time!

It was really good to meet you. It's always nice to put a face to an online personality. You remind me a lot of Char, you're both nutz;) And I mean that in the nicest way!

great...lord knows all we need is another Char :p

Rick said:
Spas,

Glad to hear you got back in time!

It was really good to meet you. It's always nice to put a face to an online personality. You remind me a lot of Char, you're both nutz;) And I mean that in the nicest way!

So what does that mean to us who haven't met Char? Some of us would like to know what to expect in the 5-10-15 year span from now.

Some of my favs:

The Holy Mecca of Beer- Coors Brewery, Golden Co :D
DSCN0079_Small_.JPG

You're right, 410Fortune- Mustang rental is the only way to fly ;)
DSCN0090_Small_.JPG

DSCN0097_Small_.JPG

Sorry, Officer!
DSCN0116_Small_.JPG

Jefe said:
Hey now, whats wrong with my lines??

LOL :D

Ain't nuffin wrong with your lines, Jeff... if you're insane and you don't wanna keep your mirror anymore :D :confused:
DSCN0311_Small_.JPG

DSCN0313_Small_.JPG

410Fortune said:
next time I may just rent a stang and go :)

yea, we wouldn't want to have to keep calling you.. a "web wheeler".

:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jefe said:
Hey now, whats wrong with my lines??

100_4425.jpg

100_4503.jpg

LOL :D

Ahh I found someone who is as nuts as I am..

Back