Photos - Moab 2006 Photos | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Moab 2006 Photos

^^ great pics, man i wish i could get out there and ride w/you all, but my pavement princess wont allow it. As a novice to off roading, i've seen some very interesting pics of the trucks being if odd angles. Have any of you guys ever said ,, SSSSSSSS what am i doing out here?? Looks like you had a great turn out, and looking forward to what others are going to post!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mini lions back according to Spas

Attachments

• ATT00004.jpg
    ATT00004.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 461

I am going to have to wait until we get home to download the pictures because our Hotel's internet is really slow.

I just want to thank Jeff for leading two great runs, it has to be hard leading a group specially when they are crazy little breakdowns all the time.

Tdavis did a great job of getting everyone down white knuckle hill specially after we had just met a group of Jeeps that turned around because it was to steep. We had a great group both days.

Hope someone got a good picture of my three wheeling action!!!!

after dinner tonite I found a hotel and parked outside... got all my pictures up...

theres 241 pictures...
a lot of good sequences of different vehicles... could make some awesome animated avatars if someone wanted to make those into animated gifs...

271-360 are from the Steel bender run on friday, I rode along with Marshall

361 - 427 are from Top of the world, the stocker run on Saturday, I was the only totally stock explorer... the red first gen

428 -510 are from todays(sunday) stocker run... started out on one... think it was called onion somethin... dont remember... way easy... had some fun stream crossings... then we went thru thompson canyon(or was it valley)... then wandered around the wrong way a couple times, trying to figure out where we were... the map in the book was wrong.... finally we found the road we were looking for and headed part way up a pass... went up untill snow blocked our path and we had to turn around... made for a good photo op tho, and was a fun easy trail...

right now the pictures are all loose in a directory... i'll prolly toss them in a gallery once I get home... prolly wont be for a while... gonna hang out here in arches and canyonlands on my own for another week or so...

oh yah... the pictures... http://www.jschrodt.net/pics/Moab/

enjoy

HOLY PICTURES!! 471 of them!! Great shots Ken!!

I got home about 2 hours ago. Was a pretty easy drive home. I am uploading some more pics right now, but I don't have many. My dad took a bunch and I'll post those up when I get them from him.

It was great to put some faces with names and meet new people. I had an awesome time (which is when I'm in my truck and in the dirt) as usual. :thumbsup:

Blee1099 said:
mini lions gate according to Spas
If thats on the back side by the camp grounds. Its mini lions back. You can also go over to the top of dump bump from thier.

Spas at Moab Brewery. Man my camera phone sucks :thumbdwn:

Attachments

• spas.jpg
    spas.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 437

splodo49 said:
If thats on the back side by the camp grounds. Its mini lions back. You can also go over to the top of dump bump from thier.
Yeah your right.. I wasn't typing what she sent me..

Blee1099 said:
mini lions gate according to Spas

Actually thats the entrance to Hell's Revenge.

90ranajo said:
Actually thats the entrance to Hell's Revenge.
Doesnt the entrance to hells revenge go over the top of dump bump. I thought mini lions back was steeper than that but i havent been thier in 5 years. So its been a while for me.

You have to go over that fin to get to dump bump. You pass Lions Back on the way up to Hells Revenge. And Baby Lions Back is past Hells Revenge on the way up to Fins 'n Things.

Here's the pics I took... Most are of my truck cause, well...I love it!

Having a great time out here, this place is the best!

Thanks to everyone that helped get me the spare tie rod, I went back today & re-did most of the trail that we rode last night after fixing the truck.

I also got the "Classic Moab Picture" with the Walmart RC :D

http://www.explorerforum.com/data/showgallery.php?cat=3512&ppuser=

Attachments

• rc-moab.jpg
    rc-moab.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 411

hey CG was that a Chevy Tie rod end? hahaha installed by Camburg?

SSeee what happens when you take Chevy parts to Moab?
:p

Mike,

Pffft I want to see you drop the back of the truck off that ledge after you got the nose to the bottom! Where's that footage? and Nicely done.

Rossana took a few thousand pictures (really). I need a few days to sort through them. Got home around 9pm Sunday. Only stopped twice. One time for ten minutes to stretch after five hours, second time for gas and an hour nap in Vegas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got home around noon after my exhausting 1.5 hour drive :p Had a great time again this year. I'm still amazed that my X makes it home every time! I did have to do my first trail repair!
IMGP0633-vi.jpg

My tranny mount is getting week and was allowing the t-case to silde over into the skid plate. Nothing a couple zip ties couldn't fix!
IMGP0629-vi.jpg

Here's some other pics:
IMGP0350-vi.jpg

Bill(RangerX) gettin it done on Steelbender

IMGP0431-vi.jpg

Marshal(offroader69me) on Up Chuck!

IMGP0436-vi.jpg

Perry(Perry) gettin tippy on High Dive.

IMGP0579-vi.jpg

Matt(RockRanger) exiting one of the Hot Tubs.

IMGP0587-vi.jpg

Jeff(Jefe) on Escalator.

The rest are here: http://public.fotki.com/mrboyle/explorer_4x4_trips/moab_2006/

Back