Torque Monster headers making comeback ??? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque Monster headers making comeback ???

After a long wait, the new completed headers came in the mail a few weeks ago. They look great and I can't wait to get my build underway. Bob appears to be getting his stuff together and says he is going to start taking orders very soon if he hasn't already. Keep on him and good luck fellas!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I asked him when, he emailed his price list, he's ready!

Oh goody. I might have to order up a set for non-p heads

Where can I get more info?

Here is his contact info if anyone wants to check with him about production:

(858) 525-3488
Email: rcpasq@yahoo.com

I bet the guy that bought these for $960 feels sick to his stomach. Of course you would be actually receiving these, so that's a plus over not getting anything for 6 months.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Torque-Mon...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

But certainly you could get a new pair for the same or less than what the auction went for. Im honestly surprised the chinese are not making more, but maybe they need to let demand build up again. It's certainly a sellers market.

The guy who bought my old explorer with the obx clones installed for $1700 got a great deal.

I bet the guy that bought these for $960 feels sick to his stomach. Of course you would be actually receiving these, so that's a plus over not getting anything for 6 months.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Torque-Monster-Headers-1997-2001-Ford-Explorer-Mercury-Mountaineer-9601-50-EX1/202088694318?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

But certainly you could get a new pair for the same or less than what the auction went for. Im honestly surprised the chinese are not making more, but maybe they need to let demand build up again. It's certainly a sellers market.

The guy who bought my old explorer with the obx clones installed for $1700 got a great deal.
That’s insane. That’s more than what they cost back when they were new!

I know right? And these are certainly in average to mediocre condition. Lots of rust. Of course thats what happens when you have something in extreme demand. I sold a left hand bump fire stock for $500 recently, Only paid $100.

If that guy makes more, it would certainly be worth his time. He could sell at any price under $1k and people will buy.

I am glad he is back in production. The header should be good quality at that price! $43.24/per horse at $800

These look to help a bit more than a standard header since the 5.0 Explorer exhaust manifolds are so restrictive. That said, I'd rather spend on boost.

I am glad he is back in production. The header should be good quality at that price! $43.24/per horse at $800

These look to help a bit more than a standard header since the 5.0 Explorer exhaust manifolds are so restrictive. That said, I'd rather spend on boost.
Boost and factory manifolds would be pointless.

Explorer x-charger used factory exhaust manifolds..... TMH or obx would add a minimum of 30+hp to a supercharged setup

Factory works....that's about it,

Exactly my thoughts. You're either buying TM headers/OBX clones or making something custom.
Pointless to post without knowledge, 80 to 100 more horses and ftlbs of torque with 6-8lbs of boost is my guess with this constipated 302...............................The headers would be the icing on the cake or that much more if you wanted it or needed it.

I also think I can supercharge it myself for about $30/horse.

Pointless to post without knowledge, 80 to 100 more horses and ftlbs of torque with 6-8lbs of boost is my guess with this constipated 302...............................The headers would be the icing on the cake or that much more if you wanted it or needed it.

I also think I can supercharge it myself for about $30/horse.

And you'd be MUCH better off with a proper set of headers. Enough said...

Well good news, after persistence I spoke with Bob on the phone last night. Long story short he got divorced, lost his house, went to Afghanistan to work for a bit. He is now in LA county getting paperwork squared away. Well be able to legally take orders in a week or two. He has all the old jigs still and is going to be assembling headers and then having ALs headers finish them up for him. Said he has about 3 to 400 orders so he is hoping to really start cranking them out. He said to check the website and he'll lift the order disabling sign off when he is ready so start saving your money boys! Fingers crossed we'll see what happens.
To All Concerned,

I've got 20 sets of regular Explorer Headers in stock. Just drop me an email and I'll see if we can get you a set of Headers for your application and we'll go from there. Thank you.

Robert Pasquale
Tech Performance & Engineering
Torque Monster Headers
Palmdale, CA 93591

Pricing is still $789? Time to start seeing money aside in my budget.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P/N: 9601-50-EX-0 1996 to 1997-1/2 (early '97 model until build date 12/96) Internal EGR system only.
Headers are "Smooth Tubes" (GT40 Heads) $789 plus $100 Shipping & Handling, $889 total.

P/N: 9601-50-EX-1 1997-1/2 to 2001 (from build date 01/97 to 2001) External EGR is required and a New modified
EGR tube comes with the Headers. (GT40-P heads), $889 US plus $100 US Shipping & Handling, $989 US total.

Back