Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on bringing alot of wood. For those of you who can't bring wood with you, I will be packing enough for you too. Also I am willing to share my wood with anyone who wants to have a smaller party on there own, I have plenty of wood to go around.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mechanix said:
I am planning on bringing alot of wood. For those of you who can't bring wood with you, I will be packing enough for you too. Also I am willing to share my wood with anyone who wants to have a smaller party on there own, I have plenty of wood to go around.

We are talking about the stuff that goes in that pit in the ground -- that we burn while sitting around in lawn chairs, drinking the beverage of one's choice -- right???

Question... How can Char and I blow a week in the Mid-West?? We need to find something to do after the Crozet run.

We plan on visiting our friends in Northern Illinois the weekend after Crozet. I'm at a loss as to what to do out there during the week.:confused:

Rick said:
Question... How can Char and I blow a week in the Mid-West?? We need to find something to do after the Crozet run.

We plan on visiting our friends in Northern Illinois the weekend after Crozet. I'm at a loss as to what to do out there during the week.:confused:

Rick, your not planning on attending Crozet are you? If not, how about a tour of maybe Michigan or even Canada..

Rick said:

Besides trails (which we have none) there are plenty of places to visit... have you been to Museum of Science and Industry latelly? Check out their website, pretty interesting stuff... also you can check out Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, stroll "The Magnificent Mile", check-out shops on Michigan Avenue, visit Volo Car Museum and stop by my place for a BBQ. Plenty of things to do, don't you think?

Dre, I grew up on all that stuff. There's plenty of good stuff to do in the city, but I've done it a million times.

The Volo Car Museum is a good idea. We're going to be staying with a friend in Mundelion. I think that's fairly close.

Looks like you know the area pretty good. I've been to the museum many times but there's always something new to see. There are plenty of things that I have not seen even though I've lived here for the past 22 years...

Volo is nice but you can't spend entire week there...

two words: Cedar Point!!!

glfredrick said:
We are talking about the stuff that goes in that pit in the ground -- that we burn while sitting around in lawn chairs, drinking the beverage of one's choice -- right???

Duh!

Rick:

You could go to the Silver Lake sand dunes. I am sure it is ALOT easier than what you are used to but, it is outdoors and the scenery is great, also there is Dummond Island this looks like a great place.

Or you could come to my house and camp out in the back yard. :D

Eric

Hmm. That ORV park sounds interesting. It would give us a chance to see Mackinac Island too. I've always wanted to check that place out.

Dre said:
Looks like you know the area pretty good. I've been to the museum many times but there's always something new to see. There are plenty of things

Yeah those places always add new stuff and they are great places to take people who have never been to Chicago. Thing is our schools took us to those places just about every year on field trips. Then after I was out of school I would take dates downtown and check out the sites with them. So I've had enough of the Chicago musems ;)

Rick said:
Yeah those places always add new stuff and they are great places to take people who have never been to Chicago. Thing is our schools took us to those places just about every year on field trips. Then after I was out of school I would take dates downtown and check out the sites with them. So I've had enough of the Chicago musems ;)

know what you mean... :confused:

:bounce: :chug:

FROADER said:
Make sur to buy the insurance and let's see some "Attica" pics. :D

haha...try to get an upgrade to a 4x4 if you havent already.

dman726749 said:
wow, this is comming up quick, i cant wait!

Tell me about it... The credit card bill is certainly feeling it... So much to do, so little time....

need to cancel

Well, my Ex is down hard with tranny problems (thanks a4ld!) and I now have a conflict the weekend of this run, so I'm going to have to cancel. Hate to miss a good run - hope everthing goes well for those that make it...

so who are all still coming?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still coming... and I'm definately looking forward to it. I can't believe it's just a couple more weeks away :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back