Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the comment greg. I still have yet to try them out, see how good the work, but so far I'm feeling confident that they will work better than my old halogens. Just have to keep the halogens around for safety inspections (if these lights fail) ;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

nice x u got there nate keep up good work

Looks good Nate. :thumbsup: Have you tried them out yet? Having any problems getting them adjusted?

Well I tried them out, the improvement in lighting is amazing! :D
I just need to give em a little adjustment and take em for a spin to get them where I want. Did a slight adjustment and no problems getting them adjusted.

Well I tried them out, the improvement in lighting is amazing! :D
I just need to give em a little adjustment and take em for a spin to get them where I want. Did a slight adjustment and no problems getting them adjusted.

Keep us posted mate!! ;)

Excellent buddy.

Fogs.jpg

I was busy today :D Put in the 5000K Fogs.

EDIT: happy 2000th post for me :D

Look's like you've a wall of light there mate, great stuff. If I drove at night I'd get some. Awesome Nate!!

I like your pictures. I like what you did with the mirror and the front grill too.

Thanks for the comment, Mike!
I'm not sure I'm too into these HIDs. It may just be i'm not used to them. I think I need to clean up my headlights first, because they are very dirty. I may have to do a comparison test one of these days. Halogens vs HIDs.

headlights.jpg

Painted the headlights black. I'll post a pic up with the new corners and everything tomorrow.

Looks real good Nate! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Interested in how you accomplished this!

Looks real good Nate! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Interested in how you accomplished this!

Thanks Rondo!
I acheived this by a lot of silicone scraping; :rolleyes: that was the worst part of the whole process.
I may do a write up, but it may not have a ton of pictures as most of my work was done at night. But in that case I will make sure that there is a lot of good directions.

Fedyfedz helped me out a lot with this project. I had to send him a PM first asking how to do this, because I didn't know how to do this.

Done well mate, looks sweet.

Thanks Rondo!
I acheived this by a lot of silicone scraping; :rolleyes: that was the worst part of the whole process.
I may do a write up, but it may not have a ton of pictures as most of my work was done at night. But in that case I will make sure that there is a lot of good directions.

Fedyfedz helped me out a lot with this project. I had to send him a PM first asking how to do this, because I didn't know how to do this.

No pressure, merely a suggestion. Gotta love all the help on EF!!

Thanks Greg!

And the help here is amazing! The EF has saved me numerous times. I wouldn't know half as much about my Ex if it wasn't for here.

After you start the painting process its a very quick thing to do. Just want to make sure the headlights are good and sealed.

newheadlights.jpg

Here's a pic of the whole truck with the new lights.

I can see what you mean about changing the look of the front end! Looks mean as a stirred up tiger snake Nate!! kudo's brother. Going to grab some more pic's of her while the white stuff is abit light on the ground?

I think with all the blacked out stuff the headlights just completed it. Now I need some wheels and a lift kit.

EDIT: I had to look up what a tiger snake was :D

Did some wheeling today. The truck performed very nicely up the mud and snow covered trails.
12.jpg

13.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

Back