SMORR 2012 Photos & Trip Reports | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR 2012 Photos & Trip Reports

The 3 barrel race sounds and looked awesome! We have plenty of room at Truck Haven to try that out.

What seemed to be the best strategy for the lo-range drag? Go through the gears or just start in a higher gear for minimal shifting?

promodmerc (aka dumb guy) said:
1. Wow. When did FORD make the Land Cruiser?
Someone is lacking comprehension skills.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What seemed to be the best strategy for the lo-range drag? Go through the gears or just start in a higher gear for minimal shifting?

I was the lowest geared of the bunch so I started in 3rd gear for the first race and 4th gear for my 2nd and last race. Gregg beat me both times with his stock transfer case rig. Not sure what gear he started in. Starting in 4th made a big difference in that I wasn't nearly as far behind in my 2nd race. I made the shift to 5th at about 25 yards on the 50 yard course and the engine was topped out before the finish line.

Can't say what the strategy was for the others.:dunno:

Videos are taking forever to upload. I may be able to get one more up before I leave tomorrow morning.

2wd was not the way to go. I was tied for 2nd with a couple of people in the barrel races, I just couldn't get any traction I was just spinning tires the whole time. The drag races went about the same, I just spun for the first 20 yards and then didn't have time to catch back up to Jon.

Looks like a good time:thumbsup:

It looks like the trails have gotten much better since I was there last. It was good then but it looks better.

Rick how is the Pumpkin performing?

Glad your having a good time.

Pumpkin performed great except for my dried out tires which didn't do too well on wet rock. New tires will be my next purchase. Didn't experience any wheel hop with the new traction bar, and the spool in the rear worked great on the trail.

Looks like a blast:thumbsup: Man really makes me want to go wheelin:(

Got anymore pictures or video's of Chad's Sport Trac?

Bronco2guy = Brad ;)

020-16.jpg

034-6.jpg

036-4.jpg

038-4.jpg

042-3.jpg

051-3.jpg

055-4.jpg

061-4.jpg

Loving all the pics so far guys. :thumbsup:

I didn't get to take many at all this year, so I am really glad you guys did. :)

Pugly was the back up rig, and did great Saturday, until something went goofy in the front end. I haven't had a chance to inspect it yet to report any carnage, but will when I do.

Steve & I are back home safely.
Rickybobby (Jessi) is on his way back to MI.
Jon & Sheri, Eric, & Jake, are on the road back to the land of OZ.
Benji is on his way to St. Louis.
Chad & the boys are home already.
Brad & crew are home as well.
The few guys there not really affiliated with the forum that wheeled with us were great, hope they return again.

Travel safe and enjoy the trip back home Rick. Thanks for coming out, and sharing our little Midwest meet at SMORR, was an honer to have you with us.

The people that signed up to go & were a no show, really missed out on a great weekend with the best group of people one would ever hope to share company with. ;)

Congrats to the winners of the Sat events!

Barrel race: Rickybobby
50 yard drag race: Turdle

Hopefully they share a picture of their award plaques ;)

Made it back safe and sound! Had a blast with everybody this weekend and am beyond stoked about 4wheeler mag being there. With our explorer forum powers combined I was able to fix the carnage in the camp ground and hit the trails again. Thanks to everyone who helped make that happen, I am greatful. As soon as I compile all the pics I'll be sure to post up. GREAT TRIP!

Set up at the KOA in Elk City, OK right now. I'm working on editing some video and will try to upload to YouTube.

My trip report: This was longest drive in my new Explorer build yet, Did have some little issues: Driving down, felt like I ran outta gas at Marshfield exit off I44, but filled up with only 12 gallons then ran ok again, not idling great and seems a little sluggish, throwing some wierd codes, will have to look into that. Then Friday not far into the trail run, popped left side joint and both shafts, I checked them when I got axle seemed tight, but I guess not.Spent couple hours in town hunting down parts at unorganized salvage yard, in a barn in the dark witgh little flash light and my broken shafts looking thru tons of shafts in a pile, thought all hope was lost and finally found a match. Went thru several 4's and 5's, Front locker would help a bunch. Decided Sat evening since truck was still all together and was not trailer to park to wrap it up and head home. All in all we had a great time!!! Enjoyed seeing everyone.

Eric finally found some things he could do with his rig at the park.

Kicking up some massive roosters in this event.

ericroostertail.jpg

The RTI attempt...

ericattemptingrti.jpg

Uh Nope, just not gonna happen!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back