TDS at Truckhaven Mar 1+2, who's going? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TDS at Truckhaven Mar 1+2, who's going?

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
I'll be going out Friday afternoon.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bill, I & Colin will be out there. We also plan on trying to get out there sometime late Friday afternoon. Since there will be a ton of people out there, do you want to camp at the top of the hill like last year? I also think Fakrwee will be showing up also.

Yeah, I agree. Let's camp up top and avoid the choking constant cloud of dust!

Im planning on going out there this year. I think tracy may be coming out with me as well with her jeep

Matt

Man I'd really like to go but i'll have to wait until the ranger gets fixed which looks like next month...WOOHOO!

We should be out there too. Camping on the hill sounds good to me. It was a great getaway from the masses!

I should be able to make it out for the weekend. I only have one question about the camping spot you all are talking about. Where is it, could you show it to me on a map? Also, is it possible to pull a little popup camper to the site?

mark

It's motorhome accessable, so your popup should make it in!:p
Exact site to be determined, since to one we used before could very well be taken before any of us get out there. Plus, for those of you who camped that spot before, I'd like to try a different place. It's a large, long mesa up there. I'd like a less rocky site(remember I'm in a TENT) and not be straddling the trail. Maybe I'll do a prerun to scout it out.

I'll be there. I'll be registered with the TDS contingent, but I'd love to hang with you guys. I will probably have two of my boys and a tent.

I also know Jefe's thinking about it.

ok guess i wont be taking a camper cause out door adventures does not have any campers anymore. So unless I can find some for rent somewhere else guess i will have to hope dad can get my tent shipped to me fast. :D Will most likely be there still though.

I'm planning on being there Friday and Saturday.:D

Attachments

• 115-1586_img.jpg
    115-1586_img.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 327

Hey Felix,
There's a couple RV dealerships here in the Palm Springs area and i'm pretty sure one of them rents RV's and maybe tent trailers. I'll find out the names of the dealerships and get back to you.

Felix,
here's a couple dealerships you might want to try:

Guaranty RV centers: 888-331-5787
Southwest coaches: 360-1880

Thank you DB_1, for the help finding a camper. Looks like I may only be out for the afternoon for TDS just to hang out at camp and say hello. I messed my shoulder up this week at work some how. They got me on all kinds of meds and not sure when it will be back to normal. This also puts a major holdup on progressing with my Ex. Oh well, I will just get some of the small parts mail ordered. So when I am back to normal all that will need to be done is installation. DB_1 I will give you a ring some time next week most likely. Till then take care and peace.

Mark

whats TDS? so people are getting together at truckhaven march 1st and 2nd? is this the story? I would like to go to that. Gonna have to check my schedule..:)

TDS stands for the Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club. They host a HUGE run at Truckhaven every year.

P1301341.jpg

Just a few rigs ready for a run.

P1301410.jpg

Just a few campers to go with the 4x4s:D

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH......{wipes the drool from his mouth}.... I'm going:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back