Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
I will be there who else and when you coming. I will be out there friday night.

For those that dont know it is the first weekend of march out at truckhaven. more details at www.tds4x4.com

Also sunday sounds like they are haveing a GPS hunt to find stuff and win $$$$. Should be a fun time.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be there in both rigs hopefully!

fenders haven't been cut yet. had a bad vibration that i thought was a driveline problem. After tearing everything apart looks like it is from a wasted radius arm bushing. then school started a day earlier then i thought so now the truck is apart at my parents house. will have it back together next weekend though. then the weekend after that im hacking the fenders and bobing the bed :D Talked to a friend up here said he would help me and let me use his shop. if i have time might even be able to get the rocker protection done. Cant wait.

Matt

I'm 90% on this one. I sure want to be there though!

Originally posted by Fenderguy
You can bet your cut fenders that I'll be there. :D
BTW did you cut more yet? See you there!
I did. :D Now I can fit new 35's up front.

I'll probably be out there. Are we gonna sign up this year, or just do our own thing again?

Just doin' our own thing.

I better be there with my truck. I got a lot of catching up to do before the AZ. run.:D

Originally posted by Rick
Just doin' our own thing.
10-4

Its not like I wanted to pay $45 for a dash plaque and bumper sticker, and to wait in line all day while they tow the next broken-down Jeep out of the way. :D

I am going to be a definente maybe now for this trip. One of my classes has a MANTATORY meeting that saturday. I am going to see if i can work my way into doing the work on another day and tell them I am meeting friends that I haven't seen in along time to hang out. (It's true it will be a month and half from seeing all of you :D ) So I will keep you posted on if i am going to make it or not.

Matt

Hey guys, I know, I know, Im a jeep owner... Im a friend of Matt's (Rock Ranger).... My GF and I don't really have anywhere to camp, and he said you guys were all pretty cool to be around.. You all mind if you have a jeeper in your presence for the weekend??? I'll be pullin in around 4 pm on Thursday... What should I look for??
Scott :D

90% sure i am there. As long as the other date to take the test is not monday night I will be there. Should be sporting half doors that weekend if everything goes right as well as a bobbed bed and trimmed fenders:D

Matt

DUDE!! You will be there!!! If I have to pull you out of class in fresno to get you to be there... you WILL be there! :D
Scott

just to let you know scott (beaterheep) is locked f/r on 35"s so he will make a good effort. he has never been there before so i hope all of us can show him a good time like down hill on the waterfall or the climb that clamed a 35 shaft or the little trail we found last time.

Matt

HAHAHA.. Like I need to claim another 35 shaft... I just blew one the other night playin around in the snow.. I am actually prepared to roll.... believe it or not..
Scott

Originally posted by RockRanger
or the little trail we found last time.

That was a great trail!

What do you all think about changing our camp spot? Every TDS, it's dust and smoke around the clock. How about we camp up on the mesa along S-22. It overlooks all of Truckhaven, is only 5 minutes from HQ, is VERY motorhome-friendly, and is UPWIND! Just a thought I have every year as I sit around the campfire choking and gasping.

As a former Jeep owner (twice over), I have no problem with you being there, beaterjeep. If Matt can stand you, so can I. :D

Thanks Bill! LOL... Well.. let me know what to look for, seeing as how Ive never been to truckhaven, and I don't really know where to start looking even.....
Scott

Originally posted by Jefe
10-4

Its not like I wanted to wait in line all day while they tow the next broken-down Jeep out of the way. :D
Hey, I resemble that remark LOL...
Scott

Originally posted by RangerX

That was a great trail!

What do you all think about changing our camp spot? Every TDS, it's dust and smoke around the clock. How about we camp up on the mesa along S-22. It overlooks all of Truckhaven, is only 5 minutes from HQ, is VERY motorhome-friendly, and is UPWIND! Just a thought I have every year as I sit around the campfire choking and gasping.

Is that the road we came out on when we were heading out on the sunday run. so you mean come down 86 then go west on s22 till that turn off take a right go up the hill and be up there somewhere? Im still not real familiar with that area so just wondering idf this is where you are talking about.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ummm, yeah, I think so. :confused: There's many places to turn off the highway there. The ridge I'm talking about runs parallel to S-22, and I always see a few RV's up there. It would be much quieter there, too. No 2-stroke A-holes buzzing around our tents all night! (you had to be there.):shoot:

Back