Who will be at TDS | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who will be at TDS

Bill, I'm still in either with my truck or without it, but I probably won't arrive until early Sat. morning. Brian new site is fine with me, I just hope I can find it. Also Brian if your offer to ride along with you still stands that fine with me. Hopefully that won't have to happen but just in case you never know:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be out there sometime on Friday. My wife is acting like she is going to back out so there will be room in my truck for two, Rick and Paul. If my wife and daughter come out, I will be there in the late afternoon, early evening. If they don't come out, I have a friend that wants to come, but he is not sure if he can make it. If I end up coming out solo, I will be there early afternoon, maybe sooner. I can put out a sign at the turnoff from S-22 (serious explorations of course, don't sue me Rick) on a stake or something, then go find a good spot for all of us.
How many rigs total?
Just trucks or campers?

I found some good wood for about one night with a big bonfire, two small fires if we stretch it, so please bring wood if you can (nothing like a good bonfire and a double *******).

Note to self; don't ever try tank trap, no matter who says I can make it.

I didn't know Paul had surgery....its only a little scar. When my wife had insisted on going to the hospital one early morning, I just told her to go back to sleep...good thing she was insistent, since her appendix was about to blow. She was back on her feet in a few days (and I think she was milking it for at least one day).

Brian, I'll be riding with Bill.

I'll have a strobe light on top of the camper so assuming I find the right area I should be easy to spot.

Originally posted by Rick
I'll have a strobe light on top of the camper so assuming I find the right area I should be easy to spot.

hmm.. how about a disco ball too then?

Originally posted by GJarrett

Rick, trust me: take a very good recon of that trail, then ask Ray to try first, then give it a shot. Ray, you can volunteer your Explorer first, please be our guest :roll: :D :bounce: :eek: :roll: :bounce: :hammer: :roll:

Gerald,
There's only 2 things that I need to do Tank Trap.
A front locker and a Pull-Pal. Once I get those, I will do it.

why do you need a pull pal? There are plenty of trees to strap to on the sides. Bettwr hurry up and get ARB to make the front locker for you cause i want to see you run through there.

Matt

Matt,
I don't like poison Oak and all the trees are 15 to 20 feet above you with poison Oak wrapped around them.

Sound's great Brian, either way. I have fire wood that we never used 3 week's ago when Winter, Colin & I were out there. I also have some wood pallets to bring. You guy's should know by now that I alway's bring plenty of wood! See ya on Sat. morning.

I know what Paul G. is going through right now. I had my appendix out when I was in the eighth grade. I suffer in pain for a whole week going to the doctor, haveing being tested for it, but the doctor's were never really sure if it was it or not, because I did not have any of the other systems that are usually associated with it. It finally came to the point where mine did rupture and that was no fun. A week in the hospital and my whole summer vacation was down the drain. Hope your feeling better Paul G. By the way we need to clarify which Paul it was. Some people thought it was me.

:confused: Yes I AM crazy :confused:

I'll be at TDS with the Explorer.

The strobe won't be there though... I used to see them at Radio Shack and Popular Outdoors, now no one is carrying them:frustrate

One more important question. It seems like the first time we will be able to get together for a run is Saturday morning. If we don't find each other at the new campsite what is the plan?? We should set up a meeting spot we all know and a time to be there just in case.

Who has open seats? My dad wanted to go and i know i wont be able to take my truck were you guys go. So i would need a seat and my dad would need one too. I can supply liquid refreshment :D

Brian, I have a seat and a half... Both my front and rear seats are available.

Since I'm not going to need a ride Bill should have a seat available, but of course I can't speak for him.

I did find a flasher. It flashes red LEDs, it's fairly bright, but not for as long of distances as a true strobe.

I got word today from Winter that yes the truck will be there on Sat. morning. So Brian, thanks for the offer for the ride, but I won't need it after all. We should get there around 8:30 or 9 am.

Paul, that's great!
My wife and kid should be coming out, so I will be there around 6-7pm Friday evening. This is going to be a good trip.

Any word on when and where to meet Saturday if we can't find each other on Friday night??

What are everybodies plans for Sunday?

I'm covering the event for 4Wheel Parts and am going to be there at about 8am at the headquarter to talk with John Stewart, the event chairman. Apparently they are planning about 3-5 runs, one hard-core. I will try to get there earlier and find our groups campsite to get a few shots of 'Camp coming to life'. It's going to be a family activity angle to the story.

Is anybody planning on coming to the main staging area to show off their Explorers (or Rangers, can't forget Bill)? I also would appreciate a seat so I can concentrate on taking pics. I had asked Rick, but he had offered his already to Gopher and I don't want to ask Gopher to be crammed in the back.

I want to make sure I get pictures of some of our Explorer4x4 members besides Jeeps and 'toys. They asked me specifically to make sure I take some vertical shots for a possible cover for their magazine.

Posting this map for Brian

Attachments

• thaven_camp.jpg
    thaven_camp.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 135

Leaving on time

Looks like I will be leaving for Truckhaven on time! Leaving at 500pm, should be arriving at he camp site around 700pm.

For those of you coming out on Saturday, I made a blue "Serious Explorations" sign on white 8 1/2X11" card paper that I will plant at the turn-off from S-22. Its two sided so those of you that are directionally challenged don't have to look at the other side.

Follow the arrow toward the camp site, duuuhhhhh...:banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back