• Register Today It's free!

explorers flip over too much?

oregonsixteen

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
Late model XLT
i just got off the phone with u-haul. they won't rent me a tow dolly to tow my compact volkwagen because "explorers flip over too much" and that u-haul has been involved with too many litigations... can you believe this crap?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe!
Heck I know mine flips over every time I open the door!

410Fortune said:
I believe!
Heck I know mine flips over every time I open the door!

[Napolean] Gah... Idiot....[/Napolean]
You never went in for that recall did you? Ford will remove the excessive door weights and install training wheels, this recall is listed for all Ford Explorers, Merc Mountaineers, and Ford BII's.

Hope this helps.

Josh

I saw three of them flipped over just on my way home from work today. They rollover like mad!!!

I fart on mine and it rolls.

Tell them you have a nava-hoe

I think a round exo-skeleton made out of DOM tubing would cure the problem. When it rolls over (and they all do...right?), it would keep going and end up on its wheels again. There...problem solved. :D

Sorry. Goes back and hides again.

OMG. I'm soo afraid to go out and open my door. Whats going to happen!? Should I post something in the 911 section. How am I going to get home???????

kinda funny actually....in my life ive seen 9 overturned vehicles on the highway...only ONE of them was a ford, and it was an aerostar van (or whatever they are called)...hmm top selling SUV in america....yet i have never seen one flip over (minus LimitedEx's at URE but other than that ;) )

Geez, guys he just asked a simple question.

explorers roll because of driver error..... trust me, rolled mine on 2 different ocassions.... and have the pics in my gallery to prove it ;)

if U-Haul said that to me I would just tell them that I bet I could flip one of there stupid trucks over faster than my explorer.

Call them and ask them if they rent to aerostars, or any other older van, and if they do, ask them to quickly explain how an explorer is more roll-over prone than those huge ass box on wheels.

After i got my speeding ticket i went to traffic school , and the teacher said that absolutly no one should drive a ford explorer.. and that they should be banned from the road. and that everyone should drive a motorcycle.. i was like
" !!!!!! " ive only seen one suv tipped over and it was a mitzubishi montero. has anyone seen the episode of the simpsons , where homer has the tractor and it just randomly flipps over.. haha i think of that episode everytime i hear people taking about explorers..

are you talking about the CANYONERO?!

genevievemd said:
has anyone seen the episode of the simpsons , where homer has the tractor and it just randomly flipps over.. haha i think of that episode everytime i hear people taking about explorers..

Hahahahaha, I've got that one on DVD and no one thinks it's funny but me. When I've backed into parking spots before and turned the wheel, I've often tipped it on 2 wheels but never completely flipped it. Thank god.

Could be worse... You could own a Pinto :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back