How To: Install Signal Mirrors On 3rd Gen Ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: Install Signal Mirrors On 3rd Gen Ex

This is my how to for installing signal mirrors on the 3rd Gen Ex. I know that a lot of you know how to do most of this, but it is a how to so I must assume you know nothing. I am not trying to insult anyone’s intelligence.

Before I begin, I would like to thank a few people:
RickOTR – for finding the signal mirror kit and pointing it out to me.
NHarris – for the OEM mirrors. Without them this wouldn’t have happened.
Explorer Forum – For obvious reasons. Thanks Rick, for a great place for us to swap info and hang out!

I purchased the Signal Mirror Kit from www.hillbankmotorsports.com. Cost was $39.99 + SH. A huge Bang for the buck. The kit is for the 2001-2005 Ranger, but it is a direct replacement for the 2002-2005 Explorers. I assume that it will also fit any year that has the same mirror or at least the same mirror glass. I cannot and will not guarantee that it will fit your vehicle. I can only say that it fits my 2002 XLT. I am not responsible for any damage YOU do to your vehicle. Attempt this installation AT YOUR OWN RISK.

There will be some collateral learning going on as well. The main thing is installing signal mirrors on the Ex. In order to do this these other steps must be taken:

1. Remove & Replace Puddle Light Assembly
2. Remove & Replace Side View Mirror Assembly
3. Remove & Replace Side View Mirror Glass
4. Remove & Replace Door Panels
5. Remove & Replace Electric Mirror Adjustment Switch
6. Remove & Replace Speakers
7. Remove & Replace Headlights & Turn Signals
8. Use Quick Splice Connectors, Butt Splice Connectors, Ring Lug Connectors

Here are some helpful links:

Purchase The Hillbank Motorsports Signal Mirrors
Instructions From MUTH’s Website
How to use Quick Splice Terminals
How to use Butt Splice Connectors
How to use Ring Lug Connectors

Be Sure To Check Out My Other Write-Ups:

How To: Replace Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex

How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Door Panel

How To: Restore Faded, Yellowing Headlights

How To: Replace Multifunction Switch in 3rd Gen Ex

How To: Paint Rear Pillar Trim

How To: Replace 3rd Gen Ambient Air Temperature Sensor

How To: Test a Relay

How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Center Console

Tools Required:
1. 7/32” Socket
2. 6MM Socket
3. 11MM Socket
4. Socket Driver Handle or Ratchet & Extension
5. Butter Knife or Putty Knife
6. Large Slotted Screwdriver
7. Phillips Head Screwdriver
8. Small Slotted Screwdriver or Awl
9. Utility Knife (Box Knife) Blade
10. Wire Strippers
11. Pliers
12. 12 Volt D/C Test Light (Available @ Harbor Freight Tools)

Parts Required:
1. Signal Mirror Kit
2. OEM Mirrors (Must be OEM or an EXACT AFTERMARKET COPY)
3. Electrical Tape
4. Quick Splice Connectors
5. Butt Splice Connectors
6. Ring or Fork Connectors
7. Red Wire & Black Wire (14GA)
8. Double Sided Insulation Tape
NOTE: Parts 3-8 are available at Wal Mart.

3rd Generation Explorer Signal Mirror Installation Detailed Instructions:

Tools Required:

ToolsRequired-1.jpg

Parts Required:

1. Signal Mirror Kit
1SignalMirrorKit.jpg

2. OEM Mirrors. If the mounting for the glass does not look EXACTLY like the mounting in this picture then this kit WILL NOT WORK
2OEMMirrors.jpg

3. Electrical Tape
3ElectricalTape.jpg

4. Quick Splice Connectors - All connectors are color coded as follows: RED=22-18 Gauge, Blue=16-14 Gauge, Yellow=12-10 Gauge. Make sure you get the correct connectors for the size wire you are using.
4QuickSpliceConnectors.jpg

5. Butt Splice Connectors
5ButtSpliceConnectors.jpg

6. Ring Connectors
6aRingConnectors.jpg

6. Fork Connectors - These can be used in place of Ring Connectors
6bForkConnectors.jpg

7. Red & Black Wire - I used 14 Gauge, so I needed blue connectors
7RedBlackWire.jpg

8. Double Sided Insulation Tape - Might be needed to replace door panel insulation - available at Wal Mart in the weather stripping isle
8DoubleSidedINsulationTape.jpg

1. Remove Door Panel

1.a. Remove Both Bottom Screws - 7/32" Socket Required
1aRemoveBothBottomScrews.jpg

1.b. Remove Interior Door Handle Cover - Use butter knife or putty knife to pry up front of cover then remove
1bRemoveInteriorDoorHandleCover.jpg

1.c. Remove Window/Lock Switch Assembly - Lift up at point indicated by red arrow
1cRemoveWindow_LockSwitch.jpg

1.c. DRIVER'S SIDE - Remove Electrical Connectors - Press in tabs indicated by red arrows. I used the small slotted screwdriver to remove the green connector because I couldn't access the tab with my thumb
1caDRIVERONLY-RemoveConnectors.jpg

1.c. PASSENGER'S SIDE - Remove Electrical Connectors - Press in tabs indicated by red arrows.
1cbPASSONLY-RemoveConnectors.jpg

1.d. Remove Arm Rest Screw - 7/32" Socket Required
1dRemoveArmrestScrew.jpg

1.e. Lift Door Panel Up And Towards You
No Picture. I couldn't remove door panel and take a picture at the same time

1.f. DRIVER’S SIDE ONLY: Disconnect & Remove Electric Mirror Adjustment Switch - Press in the metal tabs indicated by the red arrows and push the switch outward
1fDRIVERONLY-DisconnectMirrorSwitch.jpg

1.f. DRIVER’S SIDE ONLY: Disconnect & Remove Electric Mirror Adjustment Switch - Push switch outward in the direction of the red arrows
1faRemoveMirrorSwitch.jpg

1.g. DRIVER’S SIDE ONLY: Plug Electric Mirror Adjustment Switch Back Into Connector - Switch will be used for testing mirrors
1gDRIVERONLY-PlugMirrorSwitchIntoConnector.jpg

1.h. Remove Speaker - 6MM Socket Required - Remove screws and pull speaker out then disconnect wire
1hRemoveSpeaker.jpg

2. Remove Mirror Assembly

2.a. Remove Insulation - Carefully peel insulation away from door.
2aRemoveInsulation.jpg

2.a. Remove Insulation - Insulation removed with no tears or rips
2aaRemoveInsulation.jpg

2.b. Unplug Mirror - Press in tab indicated by red arrow and pull connector toward you
2bUnplugMirror.jpg

2.c. Remove The 3 Nuts - 11MM Socket Required
2cRemove3Nuts.jpg

2.c.i. If nut won’t come off and stud is turning then continue to loosen nut until stud is removed from mirror housing – nut will still be attached to stud - Stud will have screwed itself out from mirror
2.c.ii. Use vice-grips to hold stud and remove the nut
2ciiScrewStudBackIn.jpg

2.c.iii. Screw stud back into mirror housing - Screw goes in hole indicated by red arrow
2ciStudCameOutofMirror.jpg

d. Pull Mirror Out & Away From Door - View with mirror removed - Clean the area where the mirror was mounted
2dPullMirrorOutAwayFromDoor.jpg

3. Install Signal Mirror to Mirror Housing

3.a. Remove Mirror Glass - Insert large slotted screwdriver into slot on bottom of mirror indicated by red arrow and twist to snap mirror glass off the mounting
3aRemoveMirrorGlass.jpg

3.b. PASSENGER'S SIDE - Remove Limit Guide & Transfer to Signal Mirror - White arrow points to limit guide on OEM mirror - Red arrow points to slot for limit guide on signal mirror
3bRemoveLimitGuidesInstallinPassengersSignalMirror.jpg

3.b. DRIVER'S SIDE - Remove Limit Guides & Transfer to Signal Mirror - White arrow points to limit guides on OEM mirror - Red arrow points to slots for limit guides on Signal mirror
3baRemoveLimitGuidesInstallinDriversSignalMirror.jpg

3.b. Limit Guides Installed on Both Signal Mirrors
3bbLimitGuidesInstalledinBothSignalMirrors.jpg

3.c. Remove Gasket From Mirror Housing - Start at top and carefully peel gasket away from mirror housing
3cRemoveGasketFromMirrorHousing.jpg

3.d. Remove Puddle Light Lens & Lamp - Insert utility knife blade at point shown. Push blade down and away from you and lens will pop out - twist lens off socket
3dRemovePuddleLightLense.jpg

3.d. Remove Puddle Light Lens & Lamp - Pull lamp straight out and set aside so it doesn't get damaged
3daRemovePuddleLamp.jpg

3.e. Connect Wire to Signal Mirror - The longer wire gets connected to the passenger's side signal mirror - route wire under tab indicated by red arrows
3eConnectWiretoSignalMirror.jpg

3.f. Route Wire Through Puddle Light Opening
3fRouteWireThroughPuddleLightOpening.jpg

3.g. Install Signal Mirror Glass to Mirror Housing - Be sure limit guides are lined up to go into slots indicated by red arrows
3gSlotsforLimitGuides.jpg

3.g. Install Signal Mirror Glass to Mirror Housing - Use even pressure over center of glass and push down until glass snaps onto mounting
3gaInstallSignalMirrorGlassinMirrorHousing.jpg

3.h. Finish Routing Wire Through Mirror Housing - Route wire through puddle light opening and toward outside of mirror housing
3hFinishRoutingWireThroughMirrorHousing.jpg

3.i. Replace Puddle Light Lamp & Lens - Replace lamp in socket then twist lens back on socket
3daRemovePuddleLamp.jpg

3.i. Replace Puddle Light Lamp & Lens - Put end indicated by red arrow in first then press on end indicated by white arrow until lens snaps into place
3iReplacePuddleLightLampLens.jpg

3.j. Remove Clip - Use large slotted screwdriver - be careful not to damage any wires
3jRemoveClip.jpg

3.k. Route Wire Under Clip - Route wire so it will be behind clip when it is reinstalled
3kRouteWireUnderClipPosition.jpg

3.l. Replace Clip - Push clip back into place - be careful not to pinch any wires
3lReplaceClip.jpg

3.m. Feed Wire Through Connector Opening in Gasket
3mFeedWireThroughConnectorOpeninginGasket.jpg

3.n. Replace Gasket - Carefully push gasket back into place
3nReplaceGasket.jpg

3.o. Bench Test - I have a 12VDC power supply so I could bench test the signal mirrors
3o12VPowerSupplyActual.jpg

3.o. Bench Test - They Work!!!
3oaBenchTestResults.jpg

4. Reinstall Mirror Assembly

4.a. Plug Connector Into Mirror Assembly
4.a.i. Test Puddle Light - Turn on dome light to test operation of puddle lights
4.a.ii. Test Up, Down, Left, Right Movement - Use mirror adjustment switch to test movement of mirror
4aPluginConnectorTest.jpg

4.b. Feed Wire Through Connector Opening
4bFeedWireThruConnectorOpening.jpg

4.c. Tighten The 3 Nuts - Nuts to be tightened indicated by red arrows
4cTighten3Nuts.jpg

4.d. Route Wire Down & Through Speaker Opening - Route wire through opening as shown
4dRouteWireThroughRightOpening.jpg

4.d. Route Wire Down & Through Speaker Opening - Route wire down to speaker opening
4daRouteWireDowntoSpeakerHole.jpg

4.d. Route Wire Down & Through Speaker Opening - Pull wire so it is taut - DO NOT PULL WIRE TOO TIGHT
4dbPullWIreTautThroughSpeakerHole.jpg

4.e. PASSENGER’S SIDE ONLY - Remove Door Sill Plate - Pull sill plate straight up
4ePASSONLY-RemoveDoorSill.jpg

4.e. PASSENGER’S SIDE ONLY - Remove Door Sill Plate - Make sure you have all 3 metal clips on the bottom of the sill plate - if the clips stay on the body, just pull them off and put them on the bottom of the sill plate
4eaPASSONLY-DontWorryAboutClips.jpg

4.f. PASSENGER’S SIDE ONLY - Peel Away Molding - Start at the bottom and peel up until it clears the kick plate
4fPASSONLY-PeelAwayMolding.jpg

4.g. PASSENGER’S SIDE ONLY - Remove Kick Plate -Pull at positions indicated by red arrows straight back toward the back seat
4gPASSONLY-RemoveKickPlate.jpg

4.h. Prepare Gopher Wire - Fold wire over so that it is rounded and wrap with electrical tape
4hPrepareGopherWire.jpg

4.i. Peel Back Boot - Best method is to push boot into the body and then reach in and pull it out so that it is no longer connected to the body - Leave the boot connected on the door side
4iPeelBootBack.jpg

4.j. Feed Gopher Wire Into Boot & Pull Out - Red arrow indicates where to feed the gopher wire - White arrow indicates broken ground wire that I repaired awhile ago
4jFeedGopherWireIntoBoot.jpg

4.j. Feed Gopher Wire Into Boot & Pull Out - Pull wire out of boot before feeding it into the cabin
4jPullWireOutofBoot.jpg

4.k. Feed Wire Into Cabin - Feed wire into the opening and into the cabin - be patient, this may take some time
4kFeedWireThruHoleINtoCabin.jpg

4.k. Feed Wire Into Cabin - View of wire in cabin
4kaFeedWireIntoCabin.jpg

4.l. Tape Signal Mirror Wire to Gopher Wire
4lTapeWiretoGopherWire.jpg

4.m. Pull Gopher Wire Into Cabin Until Signal Mirror Wire is Taut – DO NOT PULL TOO TIGHT
4mPullWireIntoCabin.jpg

4.n. Reconnect Mirror - Snap connector onto mirror housing
4nReconnectMirror.jpg

4.o. Replace Insulation - Set insulation into place and press - If insulation is not sticking to door, use the double sided insulation tape to hold it in place
4oReplaceInsulation.jpg

4.p. Remove Protective Film From Mirror Glass - Start peeling at points indicated by red arrows and slowly remove the protective film
4pRemoveFilm.jpg

5. Reassembly

5.a. Replace Boot - Best method is to push boot into opening in body then carefully pull it out until it seats itself
5aReplaceBoot.jpg

5.b. PASSENGER’S SIDE ONLY - Replace Kick Plate - set kick plate into place and push toward front of vehicle until it snaps into place
5bPASSONLY-ReplaceKickPlate.jpg

5.c. PASSENGER’S SIDE ONLY - Replace Molding - Start at the top and press the molding back into place
5cPASSONLY-ReplaceMolding.jpg

5.d. PASSENGER’S SIDE ONLY - Replace Door Sill Plate - Make sure you have all 3 metal clips on the bottom of the sill plate - if the clips are still on the body, just pull them off and put them on the bottom of the sill plate
5dPASSONLY-CheckSillClips.jpg

5.d. PASSENGER’S SIDE ONLY - Replace Door Sill Plate - Set sill back into place and gently push down
5daPASSONLY-ReplaceDoorSillPlate.jpg

5.e. Replace Speaker - Plug connector onto speaker - Set speaker into place - Tighten the 4 screws indicated by the red arrows
5eReplaceSpeaker.jpg

6. Replace Door Panel

6.a. DRIVER’S SIDE ONLY - Disconnect Electric Mirror Adjustment Switch
6aDRIVERONLY-DisconnectMirrorSwitchFromConnector.jpg

6.b. DRIVER’S SIDE ONLY - Replace Electric Mirror Adjustment Switch in Door Panel - Set in place and push in direction indicated by red arrows
6bReplaceMirrorSwitch.jpg

6.c. DRIVER’S SIDE ONLY - Reconnect Electric Mirror Adjustment Switch - Snap connector back into mirror switch
6cReconnectMirrorSwitch.jpg

6.d. Replace Door Panel on Door – Line Up Mounting Pieces to Holes in Door & Slide Down Into Place
No Picture. I couldn't replace door panel and take a picture at the same time

6.e. Replace Arm Rest Screw - 7/32" Socket Required
6eReplaceArmrestScrew.jpg

6.f. PASSENGER'S SIDE - Reconnect Window/Lock Switch Connectors - Snap connectors into switches
6fPASSONLY-ReconnectWindow_LockSwitchAssembly.jpg

6.f. DRIVER'S SIDE - Reconnect Window/Lock Switch Connectors - Snap connectors into switches
6faDRIVERONLY-ReconnectWindow_LockSwitchAssembly.jpg

6.g. Replace Window/Lock Switch Assembly - Place back side in first and gently push down
6gReplaceWindow_LockSwitch.jpg

6.h. Replace Interior Door Handle Cover - Set back side in first and gently snap cover into place
6hReplaceInteriorDoorHandleCover.jpg

6.i. Replace Both Bottom Screws - 7/32" Socket Required
6iReplaceBothBottomScrews.jpg

7. Intermission

7.a. At this stage, the mirrors are installed and will function as before. The signals still need to be wired
7.b. You can take a break and have a couple of cold ones.
7.b.i. You can stop here and continue onto the wiring later
7.b.ii. You can continue onto the wiring right now

8. Under Dash Wiring
(I am too old and fat to use this method. I used the wiring to turn signals method. Therefore I recommend using the instructions included with the kit or the instructions on MUTH’s Website)

8.a. Route Passenger’s Side Signal Mirror Wire Under Dash to a Point Near the Driver’s Side Wire
8.b. Find Tie-in Point Under Dash
8.b.i. MUTH’s Website Has Good Instructions
8.c. Driver’s Side Wire: Green w/White Stripe
8.d. Passenger’s Side Wire: White w/Blue Stripe
8.e. Use Test Light To Find Correct Wire (Available @ Harbor Freight Tools)
8.f. Connect Red Driver’s Side Wire Using a Red Quick Splice Connector From The Signal Mirror Kit
8.g. Connect Red Passenger’s Side Wire Using a Red Quick Splice Connector From The Signal Mirror Kit
8.h. Connect Black Wires to Good Ground Point Using the Ring Connector From The Signal Mirror Kit
8.i. Test Signal Mirrors
8.j. Neaten Up Wiring
8.k. Clean Up Area
8.l. Put Tools Away
8.m. You Are Done!

9. Wiring To Turn Signals

9.a. Connect 14GA Red Wire to the Red Signal Mirror Wire Using a Butt Splice Connector
See Link For Using Butt Splice Connectors

9.b. Connect 14GA Black Wire to the Black Signal Mirror Wire Using a Butt Splice Connector
See Link For Using Butt Splice Connectors

9.c. Route the Black & Red Driver’s Signal Mirror Wire to Driver’s Side Turn Signal - This is the route through the firewall - The red arrow indicates the pad that needs to be peeled back - The black arrow indicates the grommet - Cut a hole in the grommet and feed the wire from the cabin out to the engine compartment
9cDRIVERONLY-RouteWiresThroughFirewall.jpg

9.c. Route the Black & Red Driver’s Signal Mirror Wire to Driver’s Side Turn Signal - This is the view from the engine compartment - Look behind the brake booster and down
9caDRIVERONLY-RouteWireToTurnSignal.jpg

9.d. Remove Driver’s Headlight & Turn Signal - The red arrows indicate the pins for removal of the headlight - Pull the pins straight up, then pull the headlight straight out - Remove the screw indicated by the white arrow, then pull the turn signal straight out - Unplug the connector form the turn signal
9dDRIVERONLY-RemoveHeadlightTurnSignal.jpg

9.e. Route Red Driver’s Signal Mirror Wire Out Through Turn Signal Opening
9eRouteWireThroughOpening.jpg

9.f. Connect Red Wire to Turn Signal Wire (Green w/White Stripe) Using a Quick Splice Connector - Peel back and remove a portion of the plastic wrap - The red arrow indicates the quick splice connector connected to the Green w/White Stripe wire for the signal mirror - The white arrow indicates the quick splice connector connected to the Brown wire for my fog light relay that I installed awhile ago
9fConnectWireUsingQSC.jpg

9.g. Connect Black Wire to Good Ground Point Using a Ring or Fork Connector - This is the ground connection for the passenger's side - I used a ring connector to connect to an existing ground point - Find a similar point on the driver's side
9gFindGroundPoint.jpg

9.h. Test Driver’s Signal Mirror

9.i. Wrap Quick Splice Connector & Wires With Electrical Tape

9.j. Replace Driver’s Headlight & Turn Signal

9.k. Route Passenger’s Signal Mirror Wire to Passenger’s Side Turn Signal - This is the route through the firewall - The red arrow indicates the grommet - Poke a hole in the grommet with the small slotted screwdriver or an awl being careful not to damage the vacuum lines, then feed the wire from the cabin out to the engine compartment
9kPASSONLY-RouteWireThruFirewall.jpg

9.k. Route Passenger’s Signal Mirror Wire to Passenger’s Side Turn Signal - This is the view from the engine compartment - The red arrow indicates the grommet with the wires running through it
9kaPASSONLY-RouteWiretoturnSignal.jpg

9.l. Remove Passenger’s Headlight & Turn Signal - The red arrows indicate the pins for removal of the headlight - Pull the pins straight up, then pull the headlight straight out - Remove the screw indicated by the white arrow, then pull the turn signal straight out - Unplug the connector form the turn signal
9.l.i. I DID NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE HEADLIGHT
9lRemoveHeadlightTurnSignal.jpg

9.m. Route Red Signal Mirror Wire Out Through Turn Signal Opening - This is the view of the driver's side - The passenger's side will be very similar
9mRouteWireThruOpening.jpg

9.n. Connect Red Wire to Turn Signal Wire (White w/Blue Stripe) Using a Quick Splice Connector - This image is of the driver's side, the passenger's side will be very similar - Peel back and remove a portion of the plastic wrap - The red arrow indicates the quick splice connector connected to the Green w/White Stripe wire for the signal mirror, since we are wiring the passenger's side signal mirror, we have to connect to the White w/Blue Stripe wire- The white arrow indicates the quick splice connector connected to the Brown wire for my fog light relay that I installed awhile ago
9nConnectWireUsingQSC.jpg

9.o. Connect Black Wire to Good Ground Point Using a Ring or Fork Connector - I used a ring connector to connect to an existing ground point
9oFindGroundPoint-Copy.jpg

9.p. Test Passenger’s Signal Mirror

9.q. Wrap Quick Splice Connector & Wires With Electrical Tape

9.r. Replace Passenger’s Headlight & Turn Signal

9.s. Neaten Up Wiring

9.t. Clean Up Area

9.u. Put Tools Away

9.v. You Are Done!

:wavey: Thanks for looking :biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wowt

That is a great write up with pics !!

That is a great write up with pics !!

Thanks. I gotta tell you the write-up took a lot longer to do than the install.

Dang good write up! I would love to have a set for the wife's 08 Mounty that would look awesome. I need to look to see if they have them.

STU

Dang good write up! I would love to have a set for the wife's 08 Mounty that would look awesome. I need to look to see if they have them.

STU

Thanks. I know the site I got them from advertises them for the 01-05 Ranger. $40 is a no brainer. MUTH has the same thing for the advertised for Ex's for over $200. I'm guessing they would be big bucks for the '08.

Edit: Not as bad as I thought: Auto Parts Deal

Great Write-up. :biggthump I got my question answered. :)

Great Write-up. :biggthump I got my question answered. :)

Thanks Nate. In the time it took to do the write up, i could've installed the kits about 6 times. :confused:

Are the ones you installed heated? The heated ones for the 08 on the link you sent me were almost $160. I would still think about putting the ones like used on my 02 if they are heated. Got used to those heated mirrors and don't want to loose them now.

STU

Are the ones you installed heated? The heated ones for the 08 on the link you sent me were almost $160. I would still think about putting the ones like used on my 02 if they are heated. Got used to those heated mirrors and don't want to loose them now.

STU

Stu, the ones I installed are not heated. I didn't have heated mirrors so nothing to miss. The place I got them from doesn't offer heated ones. MUTH's website offers a heated version but it's $269. They don't list the Mounty, just the Ex. I would think you have the same mirrors as the Ex. RickOTR was the guy who found the kit I installed. He installed these from Shark Racing. You might be able to install those and keep the heat. His thread about them is here.

Now you get to enjoy the signal mirrors. I've had about 5 people ask me if that was an option on the older Explorers. I love them.

Wow....the glass on my old mirrors were scratched up worse that I thought :rolleyes:

You really don't know how bad they are until you replace them. New mirrors give you a whole new outlook on life! :eek:

They look like they'd fit in my 99, hmm though I still want puddle lights, too much wiring. I may get these now.

They look like they'd fit in my 99, hmm though I still want puddle lights, too much wiring. I may get these now.

Check post #11 in this thread. I think they may fit your year. Looks like the glass is the same. Depends on how the glass mounts.

Thanks Rondo

Great thread. I was searching to get signal lamps for my Explorer 2002XLT just because i missed the ones from my old ride Expedition 2000. I found the Moth;s but quite expensive, thanks GOD I find link of the website you post. Your instructions are straight forward and very accurate. You just save me a lot of DOUGH :thumbsup: I owe you a case of MEDALLA Beer. For that I salute you Sir!!:salute:

Great thread. I was searching to get signal lamps for my Explorer 2002XLT just because i missed the ones from my old ride Expedition 2000. I found the Moth;s but quite expensive, thanks GOD I find link of the website you post. Your instructions are straight forward and very accurate. You just save me a lot of DOUGH :thumbsup: I owe you a case of MEDALLA Beer. For that I salute you Sir!!:salute:

No problem. Glad to help out!! Be sure to keep us posted! :thumbsup:

perfect nxt project thanx!

You're welcome. If you have any questions, be sure to ask. Happy Holidays and a safe and Merry New Year!! :party:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're welcome. If you have any questions, be sure to ask. Happy Holidays and a safe and Merry New Year!! :party:
thanx you do the same. i also used your pics to put in new speakers in my doors. i looked at others that put up ways to take off the panel but i ended up breaking a clip the other day, till i seen your thread and that made it so much easier. took me 20min to do the front doors. good job and thanx

Back