IAmTodd's 2003 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IAmTodd's 2003 XLT

I havent been Explorer-less for even a year and I'm back in the game. I picked up a repo'd 2003 XLT with the Sport package this past Tuesday. There is some front end damage but I'm hoping some torch work and a new bumper cover will get it through inspection. The brakes were complete shot. One caliper in the rear was seized and the other one had a leaking piston. Neither rear caliper had brake pads in it. Front wheel bearing is shot.

Overall it's in good shape and has only 77k miles. Brakes are all fixed and the bearing is being stubborn but I'll hopefully get that fixed in the next few days. This won't be modded to the extent of my previous trucks. I wanted the 4x4 for where I live and it keeps the Saab out of the snow.

5302210330_4055a06af7_z.jpg

5302216702_6e9f0e856a_z.jpg

5305463204_2296bce381_z.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good stuff Todd. Welcome back. :)

welcome back

Got the bearing beat out today and the new one installed. It is now quiet going down the road and the ABS light went off which was a nice bonus. It is mechanically ready for inspection, I just need to get the front end worked out. My dad did a little readneck body work and the hood lays flat. Some fiberglass on the header panel and a new bumper cover and I'll be on the road!

Sweet, she's a nice looking rig.

Welcome back Todd!

Too difficult to stay away... :)

Got everything buttoned up last week and it went in for inspection. Need two lower ball joints. Raced home to beat out the old ones and put new ones in and I got my windshield sticker. I put around 240 miles on it this past week and it has been great.

Still have a few minor issues to work out. It's a little hard to start when it's very cold out. During the same temps it also whistles every now and again. HVAC is stuck on floor/defrost setting and the power mirrors only go up and down. That gives me a few things to tinker with though.

Overall I'm very pleased and very proud of the old girl!

5373853997_eb0cbbfa18_b.jpg

5373858951_6244db2c08_b.jpg

5374460654_ed9e3a86be_b.jpg

Very nice. I love the dark blue and the gray metallic trim. Does it now have an R-title? How hard is that process to do. I also live in Pa.

It is a great color combo.

It came with a clean title. I just had to do the necessary repairs to get it inspected.

Good to see ya around again, and nice work, it's looks good as new. :thumbsup:

It came with a clean title. I just had to do the necessary repairs to get it inspected.

Can't beat that. Having 4 wheel drive around here is so much nicer in the winter,

Back