Joe Dirt's Wedgie | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Yeah, it sounded funny worded that way. :D Yes, I let my 6 year old name the car. When I mentioned that it was Wedgewood Blue, the name was blurted out in 5 seconds.

She's Deep Wedgewood Blue with a Dark Graphite leather interior.
105,000 miles, a V8 AWD of course, and sporting leather chaps inside. :D

So, the work starts- I need to swap over my audio stuff, visors, auto dimming mirror, rims and tires, trailer hitch, front lights, put in a new leather wheel and clean the hell out of the truck. I can't help but do that... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think my old Sport was Medium:

celly1.jpg

Pretty common colour up here actually. I looked a lot of EBs in that shade (and wanted one) before I settled on the green one (only because mileage was so low).

I do know your colour though.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Joe: I have to admit that after reading the thread title, I was rather apprehensive about actually taking a peek in here for fear of losing my eyesight forever.
After seeing this thread for a few days and seeing so many people post in here, I figured it must be safe.

Nice truck. Same color as my Mounty.
I can't wait to see what it looks like when its all "Joe Dirt" clean.

:D

I went for the shock value... lol!

ShamWedge is it clean yet?????? And how do you keep your hands clean to snap so many pics during the process? Assumed you would get the camera dirty.

Heck no- not clean... Road trip today, looking for parts. Ran the LKQ circle- Wayland, Kalamazoo, South Bend, and Holland. Working on my sub swap now...

I'm going to try what you have done today Joe, going to take my carpet out and take'er to the car wash and see how clean she becomes :D

Go for it Glen!

Pre treat with some Tuff Stuff or something, then blast the heck out of it- don't hold the sprayer too slose or you'll get lines in it that may or may not settle down after rinsing everything off- when you rinse, let the fan spray get farther and farther away so you work any lines out.

And take your floor mats too! :D

When done, use the meaty (pinky finger) side of your hand like a squeegie to work the majority of the water out by pushing it out the bottom of the carpet- saves a lof of time drying... :thumbsup:

On the Dupli-Color cans, you can still get the "Truck, Van & SUV" 11 oz. cans at a lot of NAPA Auto Parts stores. If they don't have the color in stock, they can pull it from any other store in the country. Costs a few bucks for shipping, but that hardly matters for something that's discontinued. Use the color number on the can (i.e. T345) as the part number to order. Ask nicely and they will probably sell it to you for a decent $4.99-5.99 a can rather than the 11.99 list price.

Tried that... The previous owner worked at NAPA, and when the door handles were a different shade of blue (he replaced them all) I knew I was screwed... :D

Ok, I was bored for 1/2 hour tonight...

IMG_2626.jpg

I can't help it- it's like a sickness!!!

IMG_2605.jpg

Come on...

IMG_2611.jpg

*****in!

IMG_2609.jpg

Don't worry, it's just a pen...

IMG_2610.jpg

At least the floor is clean...

IMG_2619.jpg

I'm getting WAY too good at this. Is it bad when you're thinking "I have to go to bed in an hour. Hey- maybe I'll quick pull my interior out..."?

Oh- I also finished my roof rack refinishing...

IMG_2608.jpg

Ok, I was bored for 1/2 hour tonight...

I can't help it- it's like a sickness!!!

I'm getting WAY too good at this. Is it bad when you're thinking "I have to go to bed in an hour. Hey- maybe I'll quick pull my interior out..."?

Joe, it's not a sickness, it's an art!:notworthy

Nothing wrong with liking a really clean truck :thumbsup:

How'd you refinish your roof-rack? My 98 needs a good refinish on its roof rack.

I pulled everything off and apart, ends from the crossbars off. Sanded the crossbars to metal (and the rails) then self-etch primer'd them. A few coats of Satin finish Rustoleum black and they came out great.

Used this:

AU_SelfEtchingPrimer_12oz_Gray_L.jpg

Then this:

Rustoleum-Black-Satin-Enamel.jpg

Sprayed the plastic ends of the crossbars and the end caps for the rails with a Fusion semigloss:

41nKWwARlpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Alright. Great Idea! :thumbsup: "Wedgie's" roof rack looks awesome.
Thanks! Looks like I'll be having another project for my 98 coming up soon!

Back