LED Mirror Light Conversion (Pics) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED Mirror Light Conversion (Pics)

Just so you know, you can buy bulb bases. But, your homemade ones will work just as well. I used 2 pin connectors and replaced the bulb holder in mine so that I can disconnect the lights from my mirrors, but, if I didn't have those handy, I would have just made bulb base adapters.

Just wanted to thank Mustangp51 for this post as it helped me make my puddle lights so much brighter! Also wanted to add a picture of the plug in connector I made for those who don't like to splice things like me.

IMG_8774_zpse3efa9c5.jpg

hopefully this helps someone!

This is exactly what I did in the 2nd row dome light, it is still working to this day!...

Just so you know, you can buy bulb bases. But, your homemade ones will work just as well. I used 2 pin connectors and replaced the bulb holder in mine so that I can disconnect the lights from my mirrors, but, if I didn't have those handy, I would have just made bulb base adapters.

I agree buying bulb bases is a great choice if you are going to do these projects without splicing into the harnesses.

I have amassed such a large collection of plug and play bulbs that have failed, that all I do anymore is heat them up with a heat gun, separate the base from the LEDs and voila!

Back