MY Long Travel Build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MY Long Travel Build

Looks like a great build. Those lower arms do look good as could be. Those welds are beautiful :thumbsup:

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

comin along pretty quick, did you end up getting that rear glass too?
that front glass looks like it fits pretty good too

explorermatt001 said:
did you go with the perrys glass for the front? are your arms extended in that picture with the glass, because it doesnt look like a 6 inch flare. i only ask because i am looking for glass,truck looks great too!!!

the glass is the fiberwerx 6'' flare. in those pics is stock suspension with 33x12.5x15 tires on 15x8 3.75BS rims. the rims and tires do push the width out a bit. it is pretty close to a 6'' flare though. from the hood line to the outermost part is around 9'' i think, and stock was like 3.5'' or so. with the kit im getting, i will be outside the glass about 1.5'' i think. there is still like 2.5-3'' of coverage right now.

taknitezX2 said:
front glass is on. :D

on the second photo it looks like your torsions are still installed. whats going on here? did u do a shock mount buildup before?

Dave-- i didnt get rear glass. funds just arent gonna let it happen right now. later on though probably. but yeah, the glass fit ok. there are definately a couple parts i gotta try to line up a little better but its good enough for now. thanks again for offereing to help me out the other day also. I told my girlfriend on the way back from San Diego as we drove through Del Mar about you. I was like, "we've never actually met but the explorers bring us together" haha.

Trent-- Yeah its gonna get painted for sure. My mom was like it dont look that bad but i dont like the 2 tone look. (i never even told her i was buying them. i just started installing them and she was like what are you doing) but yea, paint will come uhh.....sometime?

I do like the progress im making. i need to get a new Ubolt kit for my leafs, a 13 leaf national LT pack then i can get those mounted. did u guys get extended brake lines for the rear??? i also still need to get my brake lines for the front, and pick up my rear shocks.( they are kinda on layaway, i have a couple more weeks to scrap some funds up for them) :thumbsup:

sikamikanico816 said:
on the second photo it looks like your torsions are still installed. whats going on here? did u do a shock mount buildup before?

yeah, i currently have a 2.5'' king shock installed with the lift spindle. i had custom hoops made to hold them. it still runs torsions...... for about a month longer.

that glass looks really good.

Ok so mabey i missed it but where are you gettin gthe LT ball joints?

taknitezX2 said:
Trent-- Yeah its gonna get painted for sure. My mom was like it dont look that bad but i dont like the 2 tone look. (i never even told her i was buying them. i just started installing them and she was like what are you doing) but yea, paint will come uhh.....sometime?
sweet, funtion before form right?

you will need to get new brake lines for the rear. thats another reason keeping me from buying longer shocks. mine is almost tight right now (u know how my rear set up is, u answered a question in another thread :D ) anything longer than the stock shock extended will require new lines it looks like.

taknitezX2 said:
Dave-- i didnt get rear glass. funds just arent gonna let it happen right now. later on though probably. but yeah, the glass fit ok. there are definately a couple parts i gotta try to line up a little better but its good enough for now. thanks again for offereing to help me out the other day also. I told my girlfriend on the way back from San Diego as we drove through Del Mar about you. I was like, "we've never actually met but the explorers bring us together" haha.

I do like the progress im making. i need to get a new Ubolt kit for my leafs, a 13 leaf national LT pack then i can get those mounted. did u guys get extended brake lines for the rear??? i also still need to get my brake lines for the front, and pick up my rear shocks.( they are kinda on layaway, i have a couple more weeks to scrap some funds up for them) :thumbsup:
haha, i know its weird ive never actually met anybody on here but it seems like ive known you guys for a while

for my rear brake lines i just unbolted that Y connector or whatever its called from the axle and kept the stock brake lines. it isnt too short for me at full droop but i suspect you will be pulling a few more inches of rear wheel travel with that 13 leaf pack and "bed cage" set up than i do

i'm running a 12-pack deaver w/a 10" shocks and i still have stocks rear lines...no problems either....but if you're running a 16" shocks in the rear you might have to...just depends on how much travel you're gonna have

IM interested in the ball joints.

taknitezX2 said:
would anybody else be interested in this kit too? if interested with any seriousness, pm me for details!!
i was considering the camburg lt down the road but i would be interested in this one too once its been proven to work and we get a price

i asked that just to see what type of interest there would be, so brandon can get me 100% of all the little nit-picky specs which i will pass onto you all. the guy who has this on his edge is completely happy with it. he's used and abused it and has no complaints thus far, which is about a year.

Droped the truck off at BTF tonite. will be gone for the weekend to get the uppers jigged and mocked up. the lowers are looking good and stout. even better in person, but let me tell ya, they sure are big.
The upper BJ are a hi angle moog, they definately look like they will do the job, and look nothing like a standard BJ. I mentioned to brandon that there are others whom are interested. He was glad to hear that and will be working hard to get this done, on my truck, and out in the dezert so you all can see how it performs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm interested to see how it turns out...you're making pretty fast progress from the sound of things, we need to do a so cal run when you're done....like we were all gonna do before but everyone had something come up....keep us posted

Back