MY Long Travel Build | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MY Long Travel Build

410Fortune said:
Zhanx, the Dixon kit and others are coming close to those travel numbers with 4x4 (High angle CV's = $$$$$)
it will only get better as more kits come out.
Remember its easy to increase the travel numbers at the wheel when you go wider.....

i know but i dont have that kind of money... if the army paid better maybe..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

zhanx said:
i know but i dont have that kind of money... if the army paid better maybe..

it is all about reasearch, so you know 100% for sure what you need, and shopping around the forums for used stuff and all. Ive gotten SWEET deals on the parts that im going to be using.

the market will be flooded with similar kits from mild to wild over th enext couple of years if you are serious about staying with IFS/A arms.....

410Fortune said:
the market will be flooded with similar kits from mild to wild over th enext couple of years if you are serious about staying with IFS/A arms.....

Thats what I'm waitin for :D Once I get my 98 in 4wd long travel prerunner form, then Sport Trac is gettin an SAS (after its paid off).

it was funny cause u can feel a difference just going around the corner. i can feel the extra travel/articulation that they give. might go run a couple little dirt roads to see how they do.

explorermatt001 said:
because it doesnt look like a 6 inch flare. i only ask because i am looking for glass,

It does infact look like 6 inch glass, and yes I must agree......Great looking ex..!! Keep up the good work or build wich ever suits..Jeremy :thumbsup:

^^^for sale cause i need money for tubing. what do you think of the new mock idea. 3 8'' wide beams up front and 4 8'' spot/driving up top.

Attachments

• ROOF light mock.JPG
    ROOF light mock.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 645

i like it, guessing your gonna use some hella 4000's?

truck goes to the shop over easter weekend tenitavely. Thursday the 13th to Sunday the 16th as long as nothing happens. Hopefully the new glass will be on by then, or at least have it to install.

sounds good man, is the whole thing gonna be done?

cant wait. u think your ganna be able to get some video footage offroading later on? i think we all would enjoy chekin that out hah.

BigDave!!! said:
sounds good man, is the whole thing gonna be done?

Now dave, u and i both know that the "whole" thing is never done. HAHAHA. but the front end will be. rear im still unsure of what i want to run.

haha your telling me, done for me is the time period where i dont have any money to drop into the truck....

but to clear things up i was refering to the front end, i cant wait to see some pics of the kit installed!

i also cnt wait to see pics of the front end "done".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

raise the floor? Just remove the floor :)

Back