Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Hey, I hear baexploder is going to have his truck lifted soon (installing the suspension lift this weekend).

Time to get together and ogle a new lift!

So, this the heads up..

How about sometime about April 21/April 22 (saturday/sunday)? (That's the week after easter).

Hollister? Headup to the hills (sierras?) any ideas? anyone?

Let's hear the ideas!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i am in!!!!!! if i am not busy that weekend.hollister sounds good. and not too far away either. i would need directions though, i am really ghetto

Hollister sounds good. I was planning on heading down there tomorrow for a few hours because it has been a while but I can wait until the 14th if there's a group going down to Hollister.

BAEXPLODER - what lift are you installing? I knew you wouldn't be able to hold out too long seeing Tom's, Ji', and Ray's sky high lifted trucks. Are you getting lockers and gears also?

I can't make that weekend. I have some church stuff that weekend and the next weekend is California 500 race I'm going to. Maybe some other time for me.

Matt

Id be interested in hollister. I dont think its that far from me either. Time to get the truck dirty.

ok tom you talked me into it! i,ll go to hollister (but no tank traps got it). anyway after this weekend tdavis and i will have my 92 lifted,then it will be off to the alignment shop of which i havent decided on yet.

kvo.. suprisingly it was blue dog bandit and ray hutcherson-sorry about mispells my fingers are still rattleing from two god $%##$% &^%$* rivets that were a pain.

the lift is a j.d 2.5 with custom coil spring spacers worrier shackles, a 2"body lift.

see ya all at hollister im goin down to do a lift after tdavis gets here...............................:))))

I have traffic school on the 14th, so I can't go to Hollister. I should have gone yesterday instead of staying at home. We ended up buying a brand new 2000 XLT at a bargain.

KVO - April 21. Saturday. Not April 14. The 14th is Easter.

Ok, everyone:

Saturday, April 21, 10am, Ranger Station at Hollister Hills. Bring a lunch.

If your wondering where hollister is, check out http://www.hollisterhills.com

Duhhh!!! I can't read anymore.

The 21st, 10:00 AM at the Ranger station, I'll try to be there.

See you guys there.

Khoa Vo

will i be able to run my stock explorer in hollister??? let me know. i,ll be there saturday

Well if I can get my truck fixed by then, I'll be there. Finally got a job( start Monday), now all I need is a paycheck.

Since im a newbie with a basically stock X... do I need to invest in any special equipment for this run? Anything critical that one would need?

thanks

soupbone: your truck will be fine out at hollister.i had a stocker(stucker) that did very well
hey ray.hope you can make it id like to see the green machine again, and good luck on your new job.
my water pump bearing took a dump so i got another one and will be wrenching friday night.

see you all saturday!

hey guys? on the hollister link i found this:

SPECIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS - Riding is allowed sunrise to sunset only. All off road vehicles need current Green Sticker registration and legal spark arrestors. Street registered vehicles are also welcome.

do we need green stickers or am i crazy? where do we get them and how much are they if we need them?

I found the "trail list" on here ill try and round up some of that stuff since ill be running a "stucker" i mean stocker.

Thanks!

No you don't need a green sticker for your truck only for bikes and quads. If you have a bike it is a seperate riding area anyway. It is a blast out there. The only mod for all you stockers that I would recomend is some tow hooks front and rear especally if has been raining. Have fun everyone wish I could go.

Matt

front hooks

I picked up some tow hooks at lunch time but whats weird is the plastic bumper on this 2000 kinda blocks access to the hook from the front. Or id have to hack up the plastic. I think a good yank will damage the bumper. Any ideas for the front? I have the factory tow loop on the rear already.

I have no idea on the front of yours. Never have looked at them close. Just know about my old truck.

Matt

soupbone, If you don't already have them, skidplates would be something you should have. I know that after 98 Ford stopped putting them on. If you have to get them from a junk yard, just get the skidplate for the gas tank, I have one for the transfer case and will give it to you if you need it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back