Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I might need some fine tuning on my c/b as well, not sure isnt hooked all the way up yet, ah the list of stuff to still do!

No rush - you still have 10 days!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

10 days, Man I gotta get a move on a skid that needs to be finished...well started.

Anyway, 10 days ROCK ON!

Is there any one who still has a spot to share at the koa? if not Ill just camp out somewhere. Ill split the cost of the koa.

I will be there on Saturday early (I work nights so Ill just leave after work its only 4 hrs from me) I’m not sure how long I can stay but I will be there Sunday too and maybe Monday (if we don't run the plant on Monday)

2stripe--We already have 2 tents & 2 rigs (max) on ours, maybe someone else has some room for you.

A few more things to do this week, and will be all set.

Heading out on Sunday, be there by Monday.

5 more days till we are in the CO Mountains!!:biggthump

Did anyone do a map on the campground to show where everyone is located? I think I am neighbors with Turtle and Gman. And Nssj2 is splitting my site.
I have to drop my truck at a shop to get my t-case repaired today. So all that is left is to replace my inner axle seals, and change the oil..

IS MY TRUCK TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING!!!! Heres the deal guys in the past week roomate (who's along for the ride) got aressted he's out. Thought I was'nt going to Ouray. After that I decided lets get some mud on the Ex got all sorts of rocks jammed in the front end caused some nice screaching noises got that fixed. Now to top it off the 4x4 has stopped working. I know the shift motor is working but the front wheels are not locking in. PLEASE HELP GUYS, this is the first year Im going on this trip I really dont want to miss it.

IS MY TRUCK TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING!!!! Heres the deal guys in the past week roomate (who's along for the ride) got aressted he's out. Thought I was'nt going to Ouray. After that I decided lets get some mud on the Ex got all sorts of rocks jammed in the front end caused some nice screaching noises got that fixed. Now to top it off the 4x4 has stopped working. I know the shift motor is working but the front wheels are not locking in. PLEASE HELP GUYS, this is the first year Im going on this trip I really dont want to miss it.

My couple questions:
1. How do you know if the shift motor is working?
2. When you turn the 4wd switch do you hear the clicking sound in the passenger side kick panel? I hope that is where it is located. This relay is what 95% of the time goes bad. In my Sport Trac that is where the realy is located.
3. If you hear the clicking sound have to tried tapping the shift motor lightly with a hammer? I know it sounds crazy but a lite tap with ahammer could knock some corrosion loose and it will work again.
4. Are talking about 4high or 4low? There is a procedure you must follow to get into 4lo.

My couple questions:
1. How do you know if the shift motor is working?
2. When you turn the 4wd switch do you hear the clicking sound in the passenger side kick panel? I hope that is where it is located. This relay is what 95% of the time goes bad. In my Sport Trac that is where the realy is located.
3. If you hear the clicking sound have to tried tapping the shift motor lightly with a hammer? I know it sounds crazy but a lite tap with ahammer could knock some corrosion loose and it will work again.
4. Are talking about 4high or 4low? There is a procedure you must follow to get into 4lo.
Im talking 4high and low, Cant hear anything in the Kick Panel but I can hear and feel the motor kick when I put it into 4low just no power to the front wheels. I would asume 4high is the same just cant hear anything. Ive searched the forums and come up with nothing, what I know is there is a vacuum controled disconnect in the front end controlled by the GEM but as fare as locations or what to look for I stumped. As far as the relay goes I think mine is #6 in my engine compartment fuse box. I think the relay is fine. Is there a way I can check it?

I know this isnt the forum for this but you all know what Im going to miss out on if I dont get this fixed thanks for the help.

I will post in the 911 forum for you. You should become an elite member and you can post there as well.. So go to the thread and subscribe to it for any updates.

I will post in the 911 forum for you. You should become an elite member and you can post there as well.. So go to the thread and subscribe to it for any updates.
Thanks

Now Im Elite

Well guys, I have some last minute repairs to make, it's gonna be close on time for me. Supposed to head out on Sunday morning (4 am) to meet UncleMike half way there at a certain time and location.

My leafpacks have failed the re-arching bad. My drivers side is a full 1 1/2" lower than the pass side. It dropped 3/4" after 5 hrs of mild wheeling, and has dropped another 3/4" since. The pass side has dropped as well. all together they have lost 3" of the 3 1/2" lift put on them from the re-arching. I had to install my warn shackles just to keep them from really messing up.

Solution:
Had to take this afternoon off work to remove the leaf packs. Bringing them back into the shop to have them fitted for a additional leaf or two to each pack. I wont get them back till Saturday afternoon. That means I will be wrenching at the last minute before I can even pack it for the trip.

This is gonna be a nail biter for sure! Little sleep, and a 4 am start, means driving 14 hrs before we can stop is going to wear me out. I know it will be worth it, but darn it, why does it have to be so stressful to go relax?

Wish me luck! :)

Well today I took off work, explorer is capable and ready to go, fix shock problem and done deal today, might try and get rear bumper on not sure if, i can get swing out carrier made in time, did get plates today and inspection, so completely legal, so right now barbequing some t-bones and kickin it, might do some b2 wheeling this evening getting pumped up.

Good luck, send some my way if it works.

Gman, the time to meet is not written in stone, please don't pressure yourself to be at point A at a specfic time. The goal is to get to Ouray and have a blast!!! Make sure you have a good rest before starting out, we both can leave around 6 or 7 and still be in Garden City and then on to Co, we have plenty of time to get to Ouray. The trails and campground will still be there when we get there. Remember this vacation is to chill and screw the stress!!!! Looking forward to being on this vacation with you and meeting people in the group!! Sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses, but don't touch those darn things, they got thorns!!!!!

Gman, the time to meet is not written in stone, please don't pressure yourself to be at point A at a specfic time. The goal is to get to Ouray and have a blast!!! Make sure you have a good rest before starting out, we both can leave around 6 or 7 and still be in Garden City and then on to Co, we have plenty of time to get to Ouray. The trails and campground will still be there when we get there. Remember this vacation is to chill and screw the stress!!!! Looking forward to being on this vacation with you and meeting people in the group!! Sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses, but don't touch those darn things, they got thorns!!!!!

Thanks for the concern. :)

Unexpected last minute problems are not what I was needing. Panic mode smacked me in the face...lol.! I do not want to be driving thru the Mountains at night. Driving thru the flat lands of KS in the dark is tolerable, nothing to see.:D
Being hypoglycemic, I need to stick to a decent eating schedule. Getting to our destination at a decent hour, for dinner is kinda of important to me. No worries, I got it under control. After the new leafs are installed, the rig packed, I will get some rest and head out early.

Well, good luck Gregg,

Believe it or not, I just popped in a new battery box, and the 3 mounting points lined up. Not bad for a core support which was folded enough to break it.

My bumper is finished, just need to re assemble it. Working on the lower fender color now.

Tomorrow it goes for it title inspection-monday morning appt for alignment

I think I have a helper or 2 coming to help with the coilover install?????

Relax? lol

Does anyone know? is the KOA campground full? If so is there anyone willing to share with me?

Does anyone know? is the KOA campground full? If so is there anyone willing to share with me?

I work nights so I can't call them to find out, but I too am looking for a tent sight, if you want to call them Ill split the cost.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I work nights so I can't call them to find out, but I too am looking for a tent sight, if you want to call them Ill split the cost.

Ill give em a ring tomorow, and let you know what I find. If not Ill probably end up camping nat'l forest site near there. Or where other members go. I cant wait for the run. Locker and bumper to go on this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back