Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009 | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to fix my inner axle seal problem yesterday, and when I was under the truck I saw that there is NO way to get the case spreader on the axle with it in the truck. So it will not get changed. Must not be leaking to bad as there was alot of oil that came out when I took the cover off. Plus it wont see any high speeds in 4x4, so it should be good.

Just an FYI....I've never needed a case spreader to pull the carrier from a D44. D60's are a different story, but a D44 carrier will come out and go back in with a little effort.

As for the Toyota, got the u-joints replaced in the rear driveline and new battery hold down done. Now its just a matter of suffering through 3 days of work before the fun begins.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sunday night, and I'm in Topeka, KS. Will be in Colorado tomorrow - can't wait!

well i got my rear fuel tank installed off my 84 ranger on to the 88, wired up the elec. pump to transfer fuel to the front tank, remounted my tool box on the bed, got my straps in a smaller box, have to make temp. mount for my spare tire, got the old dana 28 stripped down for parts, list is getting shorter.

sort out my tools, check tires, odds &ends, and then load my crap and self then i think i'm ready to hit the road. need to grab another cb somewhere

We'll be showing up on Friday night sometime, but have a place in town so we won't feel the comraderie of the campground. Is there a planned eating/drinking/meet & greet for us late-comers on Friday, or will that take place @ 7:30 at the Ice Park on Saturday morning?

My slider interfered with my e-brake cable, what I thought was gong to be an all day ordeal turned out to be a 10 minute fix!!! Woo hoo!!

Alignment done--new cb antenna installed, things are coming together!!

Just need to do an oil change, and I want to change my transfer case fluid also.

I have power-slot rotors now, and hawk pads, this time with loctite in the caliper bolts.

:p:

good to hear!

I gotta change oil and get everything packed!

Still going transfer case still doesnt work, pretty sure the clutch packs are bad in it. Bronco2guy I believe is giving me a helping hand with another t-case hope that fixes it. If I cant wheel I will be there next year and Im sure I will have her up and running before then.

slight.....no, make that a big problem. took the truck in to get an alignment today, and come to find out the steering rack is shot :(. its had a bit of a shudder for a while, and made and occasional clunk, but i didn't know it had that much play in it. now, i'm at a crossroad. come hell or high water i'm going on this trip. i know they're bad to replace, but how bad?

slight.....no, make that a big problem. took the truck in to get an alignment today, and come to find out the steering rack is shot :(. its had a bit of a shudder for a while, and made and occasional clunk, but i didn't know it had that much play in it. now, i'm at a crossroad. come hell or high water i'm going on this trip. i know they're bad to replace, but how bad?

You will need to raise the motor a tad-I would loosen the bottom lotor mount plate bolts, going into the block from underneath. It's a bugger, but I know you can do it.

Made it to Leadville!

10,000 ft and breathing that great Colorado air!

4 wheeling tomorrow - can't wait.

Update? We are in SilverThorne , Co, spending the night in motel, its pretty nice, shouldnt have to much driving in the morning to finish up, couple hrs compared to today.
-and yes I have transfercase packed with me for Joker, u will need some oil catch containers if your gonna changes yours there at camp.

We are in Ouray. Spent the night at the Koa. Heading out in a few minutes to Moab for some good times!

The trip on Rt 50 thru the Mts was simply amazing. This is some beautiful country. The Interstate shows nothing compared to driving along a white water river for hours on end thru twisting eye popping beauty that these Mts provide.

Please do bring plastic bags, containers for all your food, and your clothing you cooked with. The black bears are on the prowl, and they have been catching several of them here in Ouray. Plan on locking everything up in your rigs for the nights.

Update? We are in SilverThorne , Co, spending the night in motel, its pretty nice, shouldnt have to much driving in the morning to finish up, couple hrs compared to today.
-and yes I have transfercase packed with me for Joker, u will need some oil catch containers if your gonna changes yours there at camp.
Thanks, I will be there late Friday or early Sat. Are you staying at the KOA? I guess I will just have see how it all fits together. I would sure like to get out on some trails with everybody but that all depends on how quick I can get the transfer case installed. I will be leaving from Aurora around 4:30 on Friday and getting there as quickly as possible with 2 dogs and 2 people in tow. We are taking the 285 route. Is everyone still meeting @ Ice Park at 7:30am if thats the case I may have to skip the trails until I get the t-case installed. Cant wait to meet everyone!!!!!

ahhh i'm sooo jealous i can't come this year... you guys are all gonna have a blast! jon, is sherri coming too? tell her hi!

...I am sadly and officially, out...Due to my accident, I won't be able to make this trip...:(..I will post up info later in the accident thread...

...Jon, if you and Sheri could snag me one of those Black Bear Rd. t shirts, (without the heep), I would appreciate it...;)

...Have a blast guys and gals and don't do anything I wouldn't...:biggthump...:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back