Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009 | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you are all going to have fun. I may have to see what I have going this weekend and see if I can sneak away.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ran Hagerman Pass today. Nothing difficult, just absolutely breathtaking scenery.

Crossed the Continental Divide!

Attachments

• C Divide small.jpg
    C Divide small.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 701

Ted, sorry to hear you cant make it. I will have to catch up to you sometime in the Mojave Des-

Scott...wish I was there! Looks like you are having fun.

Just uploaded the trail waypoints to my GPS. Tomorrow I give the Explorer a check of everything and then pack. Im looking forward to Thursday afternoon when I make that first turn off the pavement.

I went through the list one more time and added those who I missed late in the thread so here it is, all 15 of us!!

Signed up:

Brian1
Scott B.
gmanpaint
chad551
mrboyle
crawlin91
bronco2guy
dkchrist
nssj2
pwhiteelec05
MickeySpiers
joker1457
Turdle
88Comingup
2-Stripe

the final push... limit straps on today, steering rack tomorrow, wheel bearings thursday, break it all in friday haha. should be a good trip, quite a few people signed up.

to those up there already... how was the haze? the california fires blew a lot of smoke today. the whole front range was engulfed.

Just put some "new" 33" tires on and put them through a small work out, every things seems to be set.

changed my sway bar set-up from inside the redius arms to b2 style but lost my daul front shock set-up and steering stabilizer shock, have to drive it and see if i go back to the old set-up, but other than that the ranger is ready to go, got every thing for camp loaded. just need to get my warm and cold weather gear and get in the truck :burnout::burnout:

and i get to thank my ex for this trip, last month was the end of $600.00 a month in child support

Well,
I had to make a trip to the emergency room for a thing in my eye last night. The doc numbed it, said he saw something , then scraped my cornea with a needle. " I think I got it, however the hospital does not have the sophisticated microscope to see like an eye doctor would"

So, I went to the eye doctor office. He was not there, but the receptionist took a look for 10 bux and didn't see anything.

Turdle not going to lie, you have some of the weirdest stuff happen to you man! lol

You guys have fun, wish i could of made it this year! Next year ill be there and better than ever. ;)

Ran Hagerman Pass today. Nothing difficult, just absolutely breathtaking scenery.

Crossed the Continental Divide!

...Hey Scott....:mattmoon:

...You do not know how much I wish I was there...But you guys please keep posting pics as I am there in spirit and mind...:D

You guys have fun, wish i could of made it this year! Next year ill be there and better than ever. ;)

Yeah, same here.:(

i'm ready to pull out tomorrow, i'm sitting here cleaning my 50 caliber hog legs (smoke poles) right now that i take every where. i'll have to see what the truck fells like on the way

...Hey Scott....:mattmoon:

Ended up doing some exploring today - there is a lot of history here. We were out in the mining valley (about 20 square miles of mines), on this dirt road/trail - thought it might be a way back to town - turned out to be another pass route, going over the mountains and into the next valley!

It's amazing how many mountains and trails and mines there are.

The sky was hazy today, so the pictures aren't full of vibrant colors. :(

Salida tomorrow, Ouray tomorrow evening!

Ted - you should be here.

...You know I would if I could...:burnout:...I will be glued to my laptop thru this whole event...:salute:

...This has some info on the smoke but it sounds like it will mainly stay above I70...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2276095&postcount=82

...Just a heads up for this weekend, you guys should be getting some measurable rain from the hurricane that just hit Baja's coast this afternoon...It hit land as a Cat 2 hurricane and quickly downsized to a Cat 1...From what info I have seen, you guys should get the rain about Saturday...

...you guys should get the rain about Saturday...

That is supposed to be Black Bear day - I hope the rain holds off for a day...

Here's another shot from yesterday.

(Excuse the graininess - I'm using MS's "free" software on my laptop to resize the photos.)

Attachments

• On Trail.jpg
    On Trail.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 955

...You know I would if I could...:burnout:...I will be glued to my laptop thru this whole event...:salute:

...This has some info on the smoke but it sounds like it will mainly stay above I70...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2276095&postcount=82

...Just a heads up for this weekend, you guys should be getting some measurable rain from the hurricane that just hit Baja's coast this afternoon...It hit land as a Cat 2 hurricane and quickly downsized to a Cat 1...From what info I have seen, you guys should get the rain about Saturday...

and all i loaded was my poncho, better see if i have a streans wet suit left in the boat, and a tarp for ground cover under the tent

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back