[photo diary] My 1994 explorer | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

[photo diary] My 1994 explorer

I would have done the 5 speed but there werent any out there at the time, I want this truck to go to someone who is going to wheel it, id hate to see it get junked.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if i had a way to get it i would take it off your hands but i cant find anybody who will hook me up with a truck and trailer , id hate to see it junked as well good luck

Yeah i just want it to go to a loving home... we had to tow it off the highway 5 miles to my house with a tow rope and the 02 explorer

i had to tow mine with a strap the other day , gas gauge does not work on mine

we snapped my tow rope because my brother was driving and didnt take the slack out and he snapped it so we just tied it again and got it home, the transmission just needs clutches replaced...

well since you know how to do it why not do it again and then sell running and driving , seems like it would bring ok money if it was drivable just my 0.2

Yeah, but then id want to drive it again, lol. im better off just cutting my losses

if i had the knowledge i would do it before i sold it so i could keep it or make some cash , your explorer is a great start to a good daily or trail rig

I wish you were closer, i would love to buy another 1st gen, and swap my low mileage 2nd gen drivetrain in rather than try to find a rolling chassis from a 1st gen

yeah i hope someone on here can buy it and put it to good use

Well my friend didnt want to buy so im keeping it. My plans are to fix the fried clutches, do a desert storm camo paint job on it, and i want to chop the top and make a removable canvas top. to make pulling the trans easier i pulled the hood and fenders off, and im going to be removing the exhaust. I kinda all ready chopped a piece of the roof out.... :p So yeah my plans are to have it ready before summer. And as far as the exhaust goes i did a glass pack on a buddys jeep so i kept the tail pipe which is going on my ex. This should be a fun experience!

yeah and i have way too much money into it, so if i sell it ill loose money.. Might as well make it my own!

thought id post the hole i cut in my roof...
420193_3393314990193_1189221128_33509417_1681211665_n.jpg

Ok so i spent 3 hours today working on the truck, I had to pull a valve cover to replace the valve cover gasket, so i had to re install the accessory's, so i could turn over the engine to get to the tc bolts, It took me 45 min to completely unhook the tranny, But i spent a little over 2 hours trying to get it to come over the exhaust... its still sitting on the Ra crossmember.. Im going to try to get it out tomorrow... Hopefully i will just have to replace clutches...

Good Luck With The Sunroof And The Trans ! , I Found it alot easier to remove the y pipe before i removed the trans , but most people have a hard time getting the bolts off the y pipe to manifold's , Again good luck with the trans and will be happy to see it back up and going , instead of being sold !!

yeah im having a hell of a time getting it off, I wanna see if i can get those bolts off... any tips?

yea i have a few , get as long as an extension as possible and a breaker bar of some type , spray the heck out of the bolts with pb blaster or similar , spray it at the least 2 different times , then try the breaker bar and see what happens , i do not have air tools so i had to do everything the hard way on my back on the garage floor , best of luck !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You wouldnt happen to know what size the bolts are would you??

Back