[photo diary] My 1994 explorer | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

[photo diary] My 1994 explorer

I can't recall off the top of my head , but i know it was metric and not standard , possibly around 18-21 mm is my guess

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ah, Thanks Id hate to cut the crossover pipe... I hate welding under the car

At least you can or have a welder , thats the next big purchase i need , that and also a engine hoist and another good floor jack ! , good luck man !

I just have the cheapy 100 dollar harbor freight one, load it up with some hobart or Lincoln wire and its good to go!, Its good for exhaust and body work but not much else...

that's the same brand as i was going to buy , ive had good luck with harbor freight tools , my oldest brother got me into harbor brand tools and never had many problems , good to hear some good news about there wire fed !

I kinda wish i would have tried to get the exhaust off b4 i got the tranny halfway out.... Thats the ONLY hang up i have had with removing it, getting that notch on the bell housing to overcome the exhaust. everything else went smooth.

i pulled my 2nd trans out myself with the transfer case still bolted to the trans , that was real fun , i did take the exhaust off first though , good luck with getting it apart and glad to see progress so quickly after thinking of selling it

i pulled my 2nd trans out myself with the transfer case still bolted to the trans , that was real fun , i did take the exhaust off first though , good luck with getting it apart and glad to see progress so quickly after thinking of selling it

Yeah The first time it took me like 3-4 hours to get it pulled, So far its been real quick because i took the fenders off an all..

Gotcha , i never pulled both fenders off at once , i need to swap my fenders with some that are not dented , im doing the bed liner paint on it this summer

Well i got the trans out, split from the t-case and bellhousing off... 4th gear (OD) was a little worn but its re-useable. I havnt gotten past the center support, Losing light and I need to be careful when i pull the vb to keep the bolts organized.. I did pull the pan, and servo's off. The servos were very brittle so im replacing them with the ones from my first trans.. there all ready to go back in. When i get it all appart im going to blast it real good with brake cleaner.. pics shortly.. Im going to replace the gasket between the t-case and trans, and im going to do everything i can to prevent any problems, There wasnt really anything wrong im just trying to make sure nothing will happen. Oh and my new TC that i got for it is in ok condition. The stub has grooves, but the internals look perfect still. The pan was pretty clean too...

417213_3418243573392_1189221128_33520330_616909859_n.jpg

428055_3418244013403_1189221128_33520331_46389058_n.jpg

429238_3418244533416_1189221128_33520333_1215368845_n.jpg

422110_3418245333436_1189221128_33520336_1100915447_n.jpg

well got the trans all tore down, i gotta buy some snap ring plyers, so i can completely gut it... and when i do im going to clean it and the VB with brake cleaner... It really didnt look that bad, 1st gear was worn bad but there was still clutch material... tomorrow were going to take the exhaust off, and i think im going to gut the cats...

Let me know how the gutting of the cats go , Cant Wait to for you to get it back going

tomorrow were going to take the exhaust off, and i think im going to gut the cats...
let me know how that goes my friend was telling me to do that to mine before buy a new, or better yet you mind if I swing by and see how you go about doing it? I wouldnt texted you but my phone is at the sprint store

*would have texted

*would have texted

its pretty easy, Just take a screw driver and smash out all the honey comb material and remove it, thats pretty much it

rehung the fenders, re mounted the 2nd tranny cooler put the hood back on. The headlights/ turn signals looked dull, and one had moisture in it. I re coated them and buffed them... They look better then when i got it...

431176_3431075814190_1189221128_33527846_1786609619_n.jpg

looking good , glad to see more progress !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks! I think As for paint i want it to be like the rest of this truck... all business... Grey primer, with a flat black hood stripe, and the rims flat black... I think im going to make headlight shields too...

Back