Photos - Return From Moab 2004! Photos!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Return From Moab 2004! Photos!!

JTX said:
Marty196 and TwoTone both blew Mile Marker hubs this weekend. I blew a mile marker two months ago. I think its pretty clear Warn is a better hub.

Warn's blow just as good :D I've seen plenty of them go kapow... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got back last night....great trip.
LOng long drive, too long for me! I dont think I will be hitting Moab again anytime soon while I am living in CA, at least not unless I get a tow rig.
12 hours is too much! However it was a great trip!

It was an excellent turnout, and it was great to see all those trucks, we took over the town! I need a new windshield now since mine was vandalized, and I have a few small "issues" to resolve on my truck, but other then that no carnage for Bill or I.
Seems that with my aftermarket transmission pan when I get my truck vertical it sucks air and I lose all gears...I had to back down the launch pad 3 times, a very unsettling feeling :)

So back to the drawing board on that one!
It was great to see Clint walk up windowmaker, not so great to see Jeff get angry when he didnt, Jeff dont sweat it!! If you were'nt dragging bumper or if you had another 1/4" tread on those tires you had it...it was so close!!
Dont feel bad I took a strap on mirror gulch for some reason, and 2 years ago I did it with 31's and open diffs!!!

Had a great time, got to do some great trails and it was awesome to see all those rigs in town......

Great pics too!

If anybody (Perry) got some pictures or video of my truck I would love to see it, I did not have the digi cam this trip and I had no passenger so it was hard to get any footage and I like to prove I was there! hahaha

Woo Hoo!!!

Awesome trip! We all had a blast! The drive home was TOO long for one day, but we made it back in one piece. Keep the pics coming!

I'm home. Left Moab at 6am, got here at 11pm..

Stopped once in Nevada and had to take a short, 15 minute nap.

I don't have many pictures (I think I took a total of 3..) I will be working on transfering the video of the wedding.

Thanks to all who kept the zuk from rolling on WidowMaker!

Having the oil pressure gauge hard line break right at the fitting was royal pain in the ... on TOTW. Thanks for the patience in letting me fix it right there - the zuk had lost almost 3 of the 4.5 quarts of engine oil.

And last but not least, no rolls or major damage done, nobody even took me up on my offer of a chance to scream "we are going to die!!"

Hey Tom if I was riding with you on widowmaker I would have been screaming, or at least grabbing floor.....
WOW!!!

Stic-o said:
Jefe that was your good side! :p
And it still is. ;) I was surprised at how little I damaged it considering i backed up into it 5 or 6 times to try to climb again. Still got an intact tail light and rear window :cool: (though the window was making lots of noise. :eek: )

410Fortune said:
It was great to see Clint walk up windowmaker, not so great to see Jeff get angry when he didnt, Jeff dont sweat it!! If you were'nt dragging bumper or if you had another 1/4" tread on those tires you had it...it was so close!!
:fire: Man that pissed me off.
That was the last trip for those tires. . . I didn't want to put 1600 miles on a new set. The bumper was dragged along all weekend, so its back to the drawing board on that one. The 600-800 pounds of tools in back probably didn't help either. Anyone want to offer to be my chase vehicle and so I don't have to carry all this equipment? :D
On the other hand the bypass was fun . . . at 45 mph. :burnout:

Brother_of_Jefe said:
Awesome trip! We all had a blast! The drive home was TOO long for one day, but we made it back in one piece. Keep the pics coming!

Ah your just say'n that because you had to drive all that way back in a Jeep. Not made for long trips! :nono:

John let me know on the tires ;)

Jefe said:
And it still is. ;) I was surprised at how little I damaged it considering i backed up into it 5 or 6 times to try to climb again. Still got an intact tail light and rear window :cool: (though the window was making lots of noise. :eek: )

Yeah from that pic of widowmaker I waiting to see the next picture with a blown out window! :eek:

Hey and what happen with your new springs? They didn't come yet.

410Fortune said:
Dont feel bad I took a strap on mirror gulch for some reason, and 2 years ago I did it with 31's and open diffs!!!
:eek: Jamie did you get new wheels and tires or just wheels? :confused: I noticed from the pictures your rims are black now :monkey:

Well that was definitely fun, I got back yesterday around 7 pm, I left sunday night at 11 pm. I'll have my pics up soon, and I finished the moab video. I'll be sending it to whomever wants a copy I got practically everybody in it. Goliath is gonna host it so you all can see it online (here in a few days). JTX send pm me your mailing address and I'll send the copy to you as well as my pics.

Had fun with all of you, this was definitely a great trip! :chug:

I can honestly say that I made it over every obsticle I ran into, and a few forwards and backwards to get some awsome video. :bounce:

Tom are you still sick from seeing the green machine bouncing??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

410Fortune said:
Seems that with my aftermarket transmission pan when I get my truck vertical it sucks air and I lose all gears...I had to back down the launch pad 3 times, a very unsettling feeling :)

Had a great time, got to do some great trails and it was awesome to see all those rigs in town......

Great pics too!

If anybody (Perry) got some pictures or video of my truck I would love to see it, I did not have the digi cam this trip and I had no passenger so it was hard to get any footage and I like to prove I was there! hahaha

We didn't get much video, but we did get your 3 attempts up the Launching pad and a couple pictures of you trying to drive on your diffs.
I will get them all put on a CD and we will ship it to you. I'll get your addy later.
I have some things to do but hopefully this weekend we can get pictures up.
We also had a great time and again CONGRATS to Gerald and his new wife, I hope she knows what she's getting into. :D
We didn't get to meet or talk to everyone but we did meet a few new people, I guess that happens with such a big group.

Stic-o said:
Yeah from that pic of widowmaker I waiting to see the next picture with a blown out window! :eek:

Hey and what happen with your new springs? They didn't come yet.
The Deavers are in. They didn't give me the lift i wanted, so the shackles are still on. :rolleyes:

Stic-o said:
:eek: Jamie did you get new wheels and tires or just wheels? :confused: I noticed from the pictures your rims are black now :monkey:
I know he got Bills 35's, not sure on the rims.

Jefe said:
The Deavers are in. They didn't give me the lift i wanted, so the shackles are still on. :rolleyes:
So what are gonna do? Just leave it?

tell John I want his BFG's I sent him a PM and a offer. I need to order rim if he'll take it.

hahaha Yes I now have 35" MTR's on 15x8 black rock crawlers for trips like this.
My chrome rims and 33's will now be for daily driving and shorter trips.
Once I wear out my current 33's I will get some street tires for those rims, perhaps even 32's so I can really smoke em off the line!

The 35's with the automatic and the 4.10 gears really made the highway trip an easy drive! I figured the OHV would lack some power on passes with the 35's but I was surprised that it was not a problem. I got decent mileage and was able to keep 75 mph in OD at 2200 rpm :)

I bought RangerX's 35's and wheels, he decided to keep his 37's for daily driving and wheeling. Surprise surprise the 37's + dana 35 TTB = nothing has broken yet!
I think a light foot is the key.

The MTR's do VERY well at Moab, in fact the ARB does not want to unlock and it is VERY difficult to turn the truck on the slickrock with them aired down and the front locker engadged.

Perry I will PM you my address, again thanks for hauling those skid plates out there for me, if I smack that front diff one more time I may have to build another beam, each time I hit it leaks a little more :)

Stic-o The BII does just fine on long trips! No Jeep for me! hahaha
My truck in particular has made the trip from Colorado to CA about 14 times while it has been owned by my family, in fact my older brother drove it from CA to CO so many times thats why he ended up getting a V8 Sploder and selling me the BII for $500, thats also the reason I had to rebuild the WHOLE truck :)
The BII is right at home on the highway during long trips, however a 12 hour drive on 35's in the desert alone is not worth it for 3 days of wheeling :)
Now if I had an RV with the BII on a flatbed, well thats a different story!

Jefe how about a little trail trailer you could leave at base camp???
Also I thought you had a chase vehicle? a certain 98 Sahara :)

Msupertek said:
Tom are you still sick from seeing the green machine bouncing??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

puke.gif

Dude, get some shocks on that thing!

410Fortune said:
Jefe how about a little trail trailer you could leave at base camp???
Also I thought you had a chase vehicle? a certain 98 Sahara :)

Bhwwwaaahhaaa! Exsept John thinks it's the other way around! The jeep don't hold much! :rolleyes:

Those are some really awesome pictures! :thumbsup:

Looks like yall had lots of fun! :)

Does anyone have a good group picture? I need one for the video im making.

the group was too large for one picture...I believe the closest you will get is ricks pictures from the wedding day at the staging area just before the top of the world trail...
I believe it is a series of 3-4 pictures.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for a great trip guys!! Jamie, damn glad to finaly meet you man :D and it was great to see everyone else I haven't seen since the last run. Brett those plastic fender things are yours, just give me a few weeks ;) I had a blast this trip and can't wait to do it again. Sorry for buggin' out saturday as trail leader but I thought it was best as my ARB wasn't working correctly. I loved watching the open diff guys trying the first obstacle on "Behind The Rocks." I haven't seen anything like that for a long time :D I only took one picture and it had nothing to do with wheeling but I'll post it anyway since it is the funniest thing I have ever seen in Moab ;)

Attachments

• my25^001.jpg
    my25^001.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 371

Back