Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run

Where should our 10th Anniversary run be held?

• Truck Haven Southern California

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Moab Utah

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Phoenix Area Trails

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Colorado Trails

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Badlands Attica Indiana

Votes: 69 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
group.jpg

That's right, next year will mark our websites 10th anniversary.:eek:

I would like to set up a large run to mark the event and will be using this poll to determine where the run will be held. I'm only willing to drive as far as Indiana for a run next summer so that's the reason for no East Coast destinations.

As far as dates are concerned that obviously would depend on the location and we can determine an exact date as we go along.

Please only respond if you intend on coming to the event that you choose.

I hope we can pull off a big get together!

10th Anniversary Run Dates and Info Threads
MOAB 2006 May 13-14 Information and Signup

Badlands Attica, IN June 16-17 Information and Sign Up

East Coast Run
Date To Be Determined
Chat Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

East Coast!!

Arizona. :D

I said CA. But AZ or UT would be doable too. :cool:

The more East it is.. the more people who could come?

I say Badlands or even Tellico.

Badlands

Badlands Attica Indiana Im in!!!!

I voted Truckhaven, that place is further from me but I'll be dammed if it isnt the best most fun wheeling I have ever done, espeically at night. up and down, up and down, up and down, hahahaha Appropriatley named it is.

2893Thaven04.jpg

Voted Truckhaven, but I think anything would be dooable. (Though IN is a LONG drive. 30hrs :eek: )

It would be nice if it were somewhere closer to the middle of the country so that at least some of us the east could have any chance of attending. From where I live, it's about a 1650 mile drive to Colorado.

I say Moab or Colorado cause there more in the middle of the country then the others.

JDraper said:
It would be nice if it were somewhere closer to the middle of the country...

Where could be closer to the middle of the country than Attica, Indiana? It's much closer to the East Coast than it is to the West.

IN gives us eastern guys a chance at making it and guys from Canada and the northeast will have a lot shorter drive.

Is this a "street" run or an "offroad" run? This is EF in 2005..............you have to be more specific. :D

Which forum is this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually Gilmer TX would be the closest trail to the center of the US :D Indiana is a little east.

I have to think this one over before I vote, but count me in. Does the Badlands have great trails befitting our 10th anniversary? I know Moab and Colorado does, but Indiana would give the east coast guys a chance of joining a major Explorer run (which I don't think has happened yet) Truckhaven could end up just being a west coast run and we do that early every year. Moab and Phoenix would be too hot in the summer. That leaves either Colorado or the Badlands, the way I see it (unless Gilmer is a possibility).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back