Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run

Where should our 10th Anniversary run be held?

• Truck Haven Southern California

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Moab Utah

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Phoenix Area Trails

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Colorado Trails

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Badlands Attica Indiana

Votes: 69 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
JTX said:
I would love to go to truckhaven, But you gotta remeber that for the guys in Texas and further east thats a long drive.

I wish we had a violin smilie:p You do realize that people drive to Moab from practically every state in the country for the Easter Jeep Safari...

Like Tom Cruise said in Risky Business... "Sometimes you just have to say WTF and go for it" :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

voted Colorado, but I would love to go to Moab or Truckhaven. I loved Moab this year, and I would really like to see what Truckhaven is like...
so I vote for those three

What kind of deal could we get for filling up an Auto Transport and shipping our rigs out there. Let someone else drive the 30 hrs and then fly in, pick it up, and go wheel. :cool:

Jefe said:
What kind of deal could we get for filling up an Auto Transport and shipping our rigs out there. Let someone else drive the 30 hrs and then fly in, pick it up, and go wheel. :cool:

I'd like to see your truck on the bottom row of a car carier :D Like it would fit! :p

Stic-o said:
I'd like to see your truck on the bottom row of a car carier :D Like it would fit! :p

Heck, I'd like to see what it looked after it was on the top row, and passed a few bridges!

:eek:

hmmmmmm thats actualyl not a bad idea. You see those Jeepers doing it all the time, put about 14 of those suckers on a semi flatbed and go....

there is a ORV park in hot springs arkansas, and it has lots of hotel/motel near. also there is a horse track near by and a few strip joints spitting distance ..for when you FUBAR the rig and have to vent! and a theam park also very close. just throwing ideas, it is more in the middle than most and might be a good way to get more people and less highway driving. so , what month will this be going down? or is that still up in the air also? at this point i am very interested, but it just makes me want to get the beers out and start wrenching.

thats superlifts park right? I've seen it on travel channel before. looks pretty sweet. and it just happens to be in your hometown. lol. nice. its in the middle of the U.S., but not for northeastern explorers. i'd love to go to the superlift park.. or moab, or to the badlands, or just about anywhere :D

yes and yes is thirteen to Pa, and about sixteen to the surfland...so yeah its eighteen mins from me,,,...lol, er... i mean i would be up for camping. lmao

would this be for stock explorers as well?

Yep, stockers are welcome. No matter the location there are varying levels of trail difficulty.

the only day attica isnt open is xmas and turkey day so there is no problems with dates.

Attica is deffinetly my vote :D

The guys over at rrorc usually get get the badlands people to let them have a night run one night so that is also a possibility.

Edit: some more info for some of the people who have never heard of the badlands

There is soemthing for any rig there. Deep mud, sand dunes, rock climbing, trails through the woods, and creeks to play in.They hold NEUROC events there so there is def soemthing for everyone.

There is a campground right outside of the park gates $7 a nite for tent camping, and i am not surehow much for a hook up. There is also a campground right down the road, 10-15 min, same prices. I have stayed at both, and both are real nice.

more info cam be found at the badlands website.... www.badlandsoffroad.com

Rick said:
Where could be closer to the middle of the country than Attica, Indiana? It's much closer to the East Coast than it is to the West.

I meant It would be nice to have it at one of the non-west coast locations mentioned...like Colorado or Attica. Colorado is probably doable for me if I can get my hands on a trailer for the Sammy. Ain't no way I'm gonna flat tow the sucker that far!!! :roll:

stop voting for truck haven. gas is high enough w/o california prices.

somewhere really close to South Carolina! I wish

I voted for Moab because a)I've never been there and b)I hate driving anywhere near Southern California. :)

Badlands Attica Indiana Im in!!!! :usa:

Fitter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back