The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010

Its almost been a year already!! Can't make it there this year,but will be wheel'n none the less at smorr. be safe and keep your wheels on the ground!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...The gas prices went down to 2.77 today and temps dropped at Borrego Springs to about 100*...

...I think everyone has been quiet lately due to trying to save money for this trip and/or, working on their trucks..:dunno:

...The gas prices went down to 2.77 today and temps dropped at Borrego Springs to about 100*...

...I think everyone has been quiet lately due to trying to save money for this trip and/or, working on their trucks..:dunno:

Well I was working on a Explorer over the weekend...just not the one you would expect:D

And getting all the Honey Do's done so I'll have a place to sleep when I get back..

Dual exhaust on the mustang, check
Clutch on the mustang, check
Tie rods on the mustang, check
alignment on the mustang check
fix rattle in mustang exhaust--- need to do

finish fenders on the Trailer -- got 1 side almost done
fix brakes on trailer -- need to do.. didn't know it, but were broken back on January's run

Align van -- need to do
Change fuel selector valve on van - need to do
Change fuel pump on van - need to do.

Mount high lift on Explorer - need to do..

For once, I don't have "much" to do on the X before a run.

~Mark

Anyone near the Sonoma area coming down for this?

Anyone near the Sonoma area coming down for this?

I'm iffy.. No vehicle, so I'd have to ride with someone. Diesel is still big $$..

Where in Sonoma is it?

I'm iffy.. No vehicle, so I'd have to ride with someone. Diesel is still big $$..

Where in Sonoma is it?

Not sure where, all I know is Sonoma. And they are not small nor light as they're a set of sliders for my Ranger.

Right now my options are a) hope someone the SF area can pick them and bring them down for me, 2) waste a day and $250 in fuel to drive up and get them, or F) forget about them and hope he still has them in December when I roll through.

No longer IN!

Well, this sucks but we have to cancel. Kid has a horse show on Sunday, and I was asked to work both days on overtime. Can't pass that up.
Sucks, cause I really wanted to hang out with all you fine people.

Well, this sucks but we have to cancel. Kid has a horse show on Sunday, and I was asked to work both days on overtime. Can't pass that up.

No Ironman2 on the big screen for you! lol

Sure sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Brian:(

Tom, I am coming alone so you are welcome to ride along with me if you would like.

Tom, I am coming alone so you are welcome to ride along with me if you would like.

Don't forget to change the slave cylinder before you come out.. :)
~Mark

Not sure where, all I know is Sonoma. And they are not small nor light as they're a set of sliders for my Ranger.

Right now my options are a) hope someone the SF area can pick them and bring them down for me, 2) waste a day and $250 in fuel to drive up and get them, or F) forget about them and hope he still has them in December when I roll through.

Or, g) I can get them, and hold on them till december...

I'm considering it.

Work is driving me nuts. Doing a 3.5 megawatt plant upgrade to an existing 3.5 megawatt plant has been very stressful.

I have a friend in the sf area that will be at mecca,ca in late january if that will help. Btw, Ill be at mecca then too.

~Mark

Or, g) I can get them, and hold on them till december...

That could work too. Just need to check the finances first.

See what happens when I try and think and post from work?

No Brian at Truckhaven?? :(

Who will go rescue drunk idiots at 4am in the morning? :dunno:

We can still make the phonecall... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No Brian at Truckhaven?? :(

Who will go rescue drunk idiots at 4am in the morning? :dunno:

:nono: we don't do that anymore, we let then try to figure out how to get back to camp in the dark on foot, which is usually about the time the sun comes up, then we play figure out where you left the truck.:D

Back